PDA

View Full Version : Conservation of Furies for Future Editions

Progena
02-10-2007, 13:36
It's an easy question. Would you like to see rules and models for Furies in the new Daemon Codex? Would you get one, pet it and love it and call it cute little names like 'Mr.Spinesnappa'? Erm... sorry 'bout that...

Tehkonrad
04-10-2007, 08:57
I've always liked furies
although the models are kinda lame and the rules suck

destroyerlord
04-10-2007, 10:28
I really like both their background and their models. The story in Hordes of Chaos(warhammer army book) is pretty cool. But they don't actually have rules at the moment...are you refering to the rules in chaos 3.5 codex? I never used them so I'm not sure how good they were.

crandall87
04-10-2007, 10:33
It may be possible they wont even be in the new daemon codex. I never liked the idea of undivided daemons and all i've heard about the new dex is that it contains daemons for each of the 4 chaos gods. If you like the furies models then there's no reason not to field them as generic daemons.

Imperialis_Dominatus
04-10-2007, 12:36
I liked the rules for Furies, and even had an army list that used them- couple of squads of eight. Guys over at LO seemed to like that list. I don't see any reason they shouldn't be represented in the Daemon Codex. Come on, Chaos is more than the 4 biggies. There are a host of other Warp Spirits to pay homage to.

Besides, IIRC Generic Daemons are Infantry and I know that Furies are Jump... completely different tactics and role there.

Cry of the Wind
04-10-2007, 13:05
I like the idea of having more generic daemons and Furies fit that bill fine. Keeping the lesser daemons from the new Chaos codex and adding in the Furies to be 'lesser' beasts compared to the gods chosen creatures is a good idea. While I don't like the way the new Chaos codex currently forces you to use generic daemons I'm holding out hope for the Daemon codex to allow the marked daemons back into the Chaos Marine armies, and still allow them to use the generic lesser daemons and use Furies as the generic daemonic beasts.

It always seemed a little strange to me that only the rarer chosen daemons of the gods find their way onto the table and that the much more common and easier to summon (as far as I can tell at least) generic daemons were never seen before.

Keeping their rules simple and basic as they were before would be the way I'd go. They shouldn't be very flashy as they are only basic daemonic creatures and not the gods chosen warriors.

As for the models...I hate the posses that they are in now. They could be made to look a little more daemonic and evil and less like harpies. The new Khorne daemon in the rumours section is a lot more daemonic looking and if they redid the Furies along those lines I'd be happy.