PDA

View Full Version : Talabheim Tactical Team!!!

Khorghan
03-10-2007, 00:53
I was playing with the idea of a special weapons / tactical squad in Warhammer Fantasy, specifically i want it to be a small warband from Talabheim who are trained to handle small unushual happenings, lets say a corrupt empire sorcerer and his bodygaurds attempt to summon a deamon, a group of bandits take a number of civilians hostage in a building in the busy part of the city, a large monster is on the loose somewhere in the city, ect.

My idea was this was to be a 5 man unit, each counting as independant charicters (kind of like a mordheim thing) one would have a weapon almost like the Hochland long rifle only a little bit better in every way(like a snipier rifle) , maybe one is a Demolision expert?? i cant figure out what the other 3 or 4 should be, i was thnking maybe 2 would be soldiers well equipt for every situation, very skilled in hand to hand combat???

What do you think?
Any ideas?

-ill post pictures here if i ever follow through on this plan-

FlameKnight
03-10-2007, 01:05
Sounds like a fun idea, but weird special rules for units rarely do much for a game.

Maybe try representing them with a unit of Dogs of War duellists with pistols?

Khorghan
03-10-2007, 02:06
its not for the game, mostly modeling and if i was going to play with them it would be like mordheim.

Keller
03-10-2007, 03:36
You could go for the stereo-typical team, making them fit into the Empire

1. stealth expert - a captain w/ light armor + 2 hand weapons
2. Heavy Weapons - in this case, magic?
3. Medic - a warrior priest
4. Sniper - Engineer w/ long-rifle
5. Leader - Captain / General in heavy armor

Reflex
03-10-2007, 03:46
3. Medic - a warrior priest

:wtf:

wouldent a wizard with the lore of light or life fit a bit more snugg into the role... rather than a relegious fanatic....

Khorghan
03-10-2007, 03:49
Its not that im looking for charicters to use the rules for, this is mainly for fluff and modeling

Keller
04-10-2007, 03:55
:wtf:

wouldent a wizard with the lore of light or life fit a bit more snugg into the role... rather than a relegious fanatic....

Well, the priest has a spell that will heal all wounds.....

Reflex
04-10-2007, 08:54
Well, the priest has a spell that will heal all wounds.....

yes, but he is a religious fanatical priest with hammers and goes around killing anything and everything that dose not worship sigmar or is pure enough to ally with sigmar...

a wizard who studies the lore of life is not an arrogant violent killer... mroe of a hippie with healing spells, thus more suited to the role..

Maarten K
04-10-2007, 09:09
yes, but he is a religious fanatical priest with hammers and goes around killing anything and everything that dose not worship sigmar or is pure enough to ally with sigmar...

a wizard who studies the lore of life is not an arrogant violent killer... mroe of a hippie with healing spells, thus more suited to the role..

there are much more gods in the warhammer world than just Sigmar. a priets of Taal (nature and beasts) or Shallya (goddess of mercy and healing) or even Myrmidia (goddess of warfare) would fit in nicely. for this kind of fluff, check warhammer fanatasy roleplay from black industries.

Reflex
04-10-2007, 10:51
there are much more gods in the warhammer world than just Sigmar. a priets of Taal (nature and beasts) or Shallya (goddess of mercy and healing) or even Myrmidia (goddess of warfare) would fit in nicely. for this kind of fluff, check warhammer fanatasy roleplay from black industries.

yes, but considering the priest would come from TALABHIEM, i dont think Taal or Shallya would pop up on this sigmar lover's rader.

i love trumping a smart ****... and TBH this moment is so good i might just have sex with it later or tonight. who knows, i might even marry it and have little baby moments with it... :D

kroq'gar
04-10-2007, 11:11
Taal is massively worshiped in Talabheim... (given its in the middle of a massive forest).

I'd go more along the lines of. A few captains with half-plate and bad assed attitude (counts as full plate), and a pistol/handgun. Fluffwise It would be a single rifle, fired at longrange like a handgun, or pointblank like a pistol. This would also give them easy access to the 2x handweapons rules, without having to have two handweapons (allowing some fluff about them being expert swordsmen).

Next would be an engineer. Same idea, but for him give all rifles mixed. fired as a single shot accurately could count as a grenade blunderbuss and/or hochland long rifle, and at close, let rip with full auto repeater handgun/ pistol. Also you could toy with the idea of a tempremental underslung grenade launcher (instead of pigeon bombs).

Finally you'd need the leader. Captain, pistol, super fullplate (full plate & shield), and his faithful hand and a half sword, stake or whatnot is appropriate (sword of fate) representing the fact this is a kill team.

Move in under covering fire, when close storm the building, and are capable of hand to hand.

you could add a wizard, but i think a pure martial force fits much better with the theme.

my two cents.

Arnizipal
04-10-2007, 11:41
yes, but considering the priest would come from TALABHIEM, i dont think Taal or Shallya would pop up on this sigmar lover's rader.

i love trumping a smart ****... and TBH this moment is so good i might just have sex with it later or tonight. who knows, i might even marry it and have little baby moments with it... :D
Since you're making such a big deal out of it you leave me no choice but to trump you :D

Where do you think the name TAALabheim comes from? I'll give you clue. It's not the happy hammerswinger that founded the Empire. ;)

Talabheim is Taal's city like Middenheim is the city of Ulric or Altdorf that of Sigmar.

Shallya is the most popular godess in the Empire (almost as popular as Sigmar), because her priestesses heal the sick and care for the poor. A city as big as Talabheim probably has a large temple dedicated to the Weeping Maiden.

@Khorgan: Talabheim (and Talabecland for that matter) is known for its expert hunters and woodsmen. Blackpowder weapons are a bit out of place in that case. Crossbows or longbows would be more suited backgroundwise.

kroq'gar
04-10-2007, 11:58
Arnizipal, Talabheim is known for the polarisation between those inside and outside the walls. Those outside a rural and rustic. Inside are hardy city dwellers. There are CANNONS on the walls, and there armies have handguns. Ontop of this is the fact that a tactical team would have the most advanced equipment.

Please try and keep it on topic (suggest to the fluff and help influence Khorghan toward my suggestions... please?)

Reflex
04-10-2007, 12:04
Since you're making such a big deal out of it you leave me no choice but to trump you :D

Where do you think the name TAALabheim comes from? I'll give you clue. It's not the happy hammerswinger that founded the Empire. ;)

Talabheim is Taal's city like Middenheim is the city of Ulric or Altdorf that of Sigmar.

Shallya is the most popular godess in the Empire (almost as popular as Sigmar), because her priestesses heal the sick and care for the poor. A city as big as Talabheim probably has a large temple dedicated to the Weeping Maiden.

So tell me, how is taal the god of beasts better than a wizard with the lore of life at being a medic style charater???

this moment is so much better than before, i would cheat on that other moment time and time again...

Glorfindel
04-10-2007, 12:12
So tell me, how is taal the god of beasts better than a wizard with the lore of life at being a medic style charater???

this moment is so much better than before, i would cheat on that other moment time and time again...

You forgot nature ... Nature has the power of healing. (Nature always heals itself for instance)

But both would seem fitting though a warrior priest has more reasons to be hunting daemons and evil things/men than a life wizard.

WarbossKurgan
04-10-2007, 12:37
this moment is so good i might just have sex with it later or tonight. who knows, i might even marry it and have little baby moments with it... :D
I saw Scrubs this week too. :rolleyes:

@Khorghan - I think this a great idea! A Warhammer World "A-Team". Jack Baur in a red and white doublet, with a Repeater Pistol.

Reflex
04-10-2007, 12:44
I saw Scrubs this week too. :rolleyes:

@Khorghan - I think this a great idea! A Warhammer World "A-Team". Jack Baur in a red and white doublet, with a Repeater Pistol.

whats scrubs?

if its an A-Team feel, then a wizard with the lore of fire would fit in very well..

a pissed of agressive wizzard that throws fire balls at his enemies... awsome...

kroq'gar
04-10-2007, 12:47
whats with this fixation on ramming wizards into a military outfit? they might tag along occasionally, but this isnt a witch hunter, its a swat team.

i dont think anyone read my suggestion, which saddens me greatly.

Arnizipal
04-10-2007, 18:52

Are you always such an ass? :eyebrows:

Taal, together with his wife Rhya, are the deities of Life. Their priests are just as qualified as a Jade Wizard to (among other things) heal wounds.

Anyway, I was reacting to this:

Since Khorghan wants to represent a group based in Talabheim, a priest of Taal is a more logical choice than a priest of Sigmar (see my previous post).

On the other hand there's Shallya. Since she is the godess of HEALING, there is no better choice to fill the slot of "medic"

Briscoe
04-10-2007, 21:54
Gods and magic and bad attitudes aside, isn't it possible that a Warrior Priest might know how to make a bandage or what herb to eat if you have a tummy ache? Your Priest could be a rough and tumble, ale drinking Friar Tuck type bloke that can swing a hammer and clean a sword wound after the battle. No magic required.

Reflex
05-10-2007, 02:25
Are you always such an ass? :eyebrows:

Only when its fun ;)

as a medic style character, a life wizard is better than a warrior priest of any god.

Arnizipal
05-10-2007, 11:31
as a medic style character, a life wizard is better than a warrior priest of any god.
Why? They both use magic for healing, only the priest can channel it more safely.

Chiron
05-10-2007, 12:37
Use a Priestess of Shallya, just remember that she is a pacifist so wont fight unless she's no choice. She can use a quarterstaff to defend herself though

Maarten K
05-10-2007, 17:15
Only when its fun ;)

the members of the college of life are the former druids of the empire... the followers of Rhya, the mother goddess. When teclis came down to the old world to teach the humans magic, half of the druids in the empire dcided to follow his teachings and become part of the order. the other half stayed on as dryuids, whom either retreated into the woods, became kwnown and most often bruned as hedge wizards or became priests of Taal. clerics are by far more reliable as healers than wizards: wizards just dable in the art of healing. Priests, especially those of shallya, have made it their life's calling. A priest of myrmidia would fit in very nicely because they study teh art of war including all forms of ambushes, tactics etc and are competent healers to boot, plus their spells enhance the fighting prowess of your other team members. most large empire cities have a shrine or temple of myrmidia, because many soldiers follow her.

@reflex: read Tome of Salvation from BI, eventually you'll get the point.

kroq'gar
06-10-2007, 06:09
Why would they need a healer? If they are a tactical team, then they do the misson, and get patched up after by medics. They dont take a priestess into a burning building to confront a chaos cult. They have a few people wait outside, whilst the grunts go in.