PDA

View Full Version : Wall of Fire

Iziz
03-10-2007, 01:37
Since the spell hits everyone in the front rank, does that mean you would roll to wound standard, musician, and champion seperate?

Jonke
03-10-2007, 02:05
You roll separately for the champion but not standard bearer or musician. Not sure if he gets 'look out sir!' though.

Peace!

Keller
03-10-2007, 02:23
Its not a template attack, so there shouldn't be a Look out roll. I could be mistaken though, I don't have the book handy and we haven't been playing enough for me to remember all of the rules of the top of my head.

Menset
03-10-2007, 07:03
If the unit is 5 models or less then YES the unit champion and any Characters in the front rank will take a hit each. If the unit is more than 5 then all the hits will go on the unit. This is how we at our club play it.

Artemis
03-10-2007, 08:11
The spell says "including characters", which means that any character or champion in the front rank is hit. The standard bearer and the musician may die, but as another available soldier always picks up the instrument/banner then there is no purpose in rolling separately for them.

Not sure if a character/champion would get a look out sir roll. I've been looking at it, and it is a bit unclear. Normally, any spell distributes hits like shooting. Which means no look out sir roll, and random distribution if less than five models. If more than five models, a character cannot be hit.
A spell that uses a template grants look-out-sir rolls. Wall of fire does not use a template, it merely states that the character is also hit by the spell.
My conclusion would be that characters do not get a look out sir roll from wall of fire.

T10
03-10-2007, 08:13
The Wall of Fire isn't a template weapon, which is the basic prerequisite for a Look Out Sir roll.

-T10

Festus
03-10-2007, 08:32
Menset - And this is wrong... the spell states that each model in the front rank is hit once. So, each model in the front rank it is... it even spells out explicitly that this includes characters - and it includes champions.

No *Look out, Sir!* against this as well. It is not a template.

Festus

MarcoPollo
03-10-2007, 18:35
What about skirmishers like a beast herd. Is it one model or all models or 5 models, or 4 models (stupid raiders rule)?

theunwantedbeing
03-10-2007, 18:38
Have you even read the rules for the wall of fire?
Read them, your answer is there.

Now inevitably somebody will just tell you.....but that person will not be me.

W0lf
03-10-2007, 19:09
wait you only get Look out sir if its a template? :O

Dosnt this mean bolt throwers/cannons can hit characters without the look out sir rule? :O

theunwantedbeing
03-10-2007, 19:21
Please read page 74 & 75 of your rulebook W0lf
It explains it all on those pages.

Festus
04-10-2007, 08:16
Hi

Cannons give a LoS! roll, as they do not use BS to hit, Boltthrowers will hit a trooper model in preference if there is one, as of the rules for BTs.

Festus

Menset
04-10-2007, 12:27
Sorry about that, Being a TK and BoC player, I don't use the spell much. But MarcoP the Wall of fire against a skirmish unit will turn into a very costly magic missile.

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-10-2007, 08:03
wait you only get Look out sir if its a template? :O

Dosnt this mean bolt throwers/cannons can hit characters without the look out sir rule? :O

Cannons are template weapons...

Atrahasis
05-10-2007, 08:53
Cannons are template weapons...

No, they aren't. They used to be "treated as template" weapons, but no longer.

Festus
07-10-2007, 07:21
Gorbad - yes, you *were* right. Cannons *were* template weapons. I assumed that they still are just a few months ago, but they are not anymore: They have become your regular, run-of-the-mill WarMachine firing without BS needed... :)

Festus