PDA

View Full Version : Ork Kommandos- Any good (Squiggoth still usable?)

sturguard
03-10-2007, 03:28
Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone who knows anything about the new upcoming ork codex could give me some advice on kommandos. I think the new models are great looking and was thinking about getting some and starting my ork army now before the new box set is released. I am assuming they will not be redoing these models. Anyways, I was hoping for a bit of advice about the effectiveness of the kommandos- I really want to build a tournament army (not that it has to win every game) and if the kommandos arent a great unit, Ill stay away from them.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Squiggoth and if they can be taken in the new codex.

Thanks.

killa kan kaus
03-10-2007, 04:30
Kommandos are my hands down favourite unit in 40k. I use my kommandos to 1. counter-infiltrate 2. objective camp 3. assassinate a character or a shooty sqaud 4. go tankbusta on vehicles. I give mine choppa's and a burna with a pk nob. The main problem arises when they can't infiltrate. They still can be useful because of slippery. You can use the to flank opponents or use them as a trash collecter for mobbing up.

spacemonkey
03-10-2007, 05:42
I believe the Squiggoth is being regulated to Apocalypse only.

killa kan kaus
04-10-2007, 05:04
Squiggy is looking apoc only but what will become of feral orks?

DinoDoc
04-10-2007, 05:45
Look at the Chaos codex for your answer.