PDA

View Full Version : ard-boyz in MN

Daleran
03-10-2007, 04:04
Just wondering if anybody else on warseer was planning on attending the 'ard boyz semi-finals in minnesota on the 12th?

Vineas
03-10-2007, 05:14
I am asssuming that is going to be in the twin cities area?

LoneSniperSG
03-10-2007, 05:56
I am asssuming that is going to be in the twin cities area?

I would, but... Yeah.. I'm nowhere near good enough for stuff like that yet.

Daleran
03-10-2007, 18:43
well I have no idea where it is in relation to the twin cities, but the semi's are at Village Games in Anoka, MN. You have to have placed top 3 in the 1st round to play in the semi's, and a friend and I are coming up from Iowa since we don't have any semi's here. Just hoping there is a good showing since were driving 4 1/2 hours!

Kadrec
03-10-2007, 19:14
I was speaking to someone who is going, last week, and he said that the initial tourney in MN was disappointingly under-attended, but he had hopes that more people would show for the semi's.

sukigod
03-10-2007, 22:06
I know two guys from my area (St. Cloud - Central MN) that were 1st and 2nd place at the Anoka 1st round and they will be showing for the semifinal in Oct. Heads up, one's playing Dark Angels and the other Tau.

Good Luck All!

Vineas
03-10-2007, 22:46
is it only open to attendees or can a person go observe like the GT's?

Belisarius
04-10-2007, 02:56
I'd invite you all to the tournament in Duluth, it's not an ard boy tourney but it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately our tourney in two weeks is all filled up. If you like i can post our future events here so you can attend.

Daleran
04-10-2007, 16:18
I know two guys from my area (St. Cloud - Central MN) that were 1st and 2nd place at the Anoka 1st round and they will be showing for the semifinal in Oct. Heads up, one's playing Dark Angels and the other Tau.

Good Luck All!

I almost decided to bring the dark angels I played in the 1st round! we had poor attendance in iowa for the 1st round too, but were both coming up to anoka, so hopefully with everyone combined it will turn out better than prelims.

Daleran
04-10-2007, 16:19
is it only open to attendees or can a person go observe like the GT's?

should be open to spectators we played the first round just like a friendly bunch of games, only on a timelimit.

Captain Stuart
04-10-2007, 22:02
I know of at least 2 'ard boyz tournies in the Twin Cities. Both had 10 players. My friend will be attending as he finished 3rd.

Anoka is on the north side of the Twin Cities. I have heard from another friend that attended that store's first round that the store is located on a corner and has parking in the rear, but you have to drive around the block to get to it.

The event was run half-assed with only one copy of the scenario available to the whole store. All terrain (even craters) were counted as level 3. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Good luck and have fun!

bnrweimann
05-10-2007, 01:19
Wow, that few. We were just short of 30 attendees (28 or 29) in Fayetteville, NC. Excellent tourney and a good time. I was no where near placing, but two guys I play often did.

Daleran
05-10-2007, 06:55
I hate to judge the place without having ever been there, but a couple days after the first round we called to tell them we were coming since were from out of state, and they sounded like they didn't have a clue what was going on. Hopefully they have everything sound for next weekend! Also seems like there will be enough people I won't have to play my friend either which is nice. Its always boring playing someone you play so much you know what the result will be based on the mission objectives >.<

Captain Stuart
05-10-2007, 15:10
Yeah, I had to play a local team at adepticon last year. You'd think with 300 players the chance of us drawing the 4 other players from Minneapolis would be small.

From my understanding (again I wasn't there, just hearing second hand from my regular gaming group) the store owners had very minimal knowledge of 40K in general. I also hope they have kicked up their organization and knowledge as there are several local stores with kick d'yi owners, knowledgeable and friendly staff, although they don't have the table space to run an event with 2 dozen players.

Best of luck. Feel free to PM me for more questions or to let me know of gaming areas in IA (I started 40K in Iowa City and WFB in the Quad Cities).

Easy E
05-10-2007, 15:57
I'm surprised PPheonix Games isn't hosting it. I guess the move may have played a role in their decision.

I didn't realize how well represented MN and IA were represented on these boards. Perhaps we should set up a Midwest group in Groups and Factions?

Captain Stuart
05-10-2007, 20:11
Phoenix no longer exists (well not in the same form). I don't think Tower Games was open yet and they would have only had room for 4-5 tables max.

Feel free to PM as this is probably getting too local for general 40K.

AyatollahofRockinRolla
05-10-2007, 22:05
I just went to Phoenix games last week. Pretty sweet set up, eight tables of fantastic terrain.

I'd like to go to that tourney, unfortunately I must work instead.

LoneSniperSG
06-10-2007, 01:35
The event was run half-assed with only one copy of the scenario available to the whole store. All terrain (even craters) were counted as level 3. Hopefully that won't happen again.

That doesn't suprise me with the fact that our state only has independent stockists. One day maybe, not yet. DAMNIT I WANT A BATTLE BUNKER NEARBY.

All my stuff comes from the Air Traffic in Burnsville. They haven't gotten a decent shipment in for about 2-3 months. Last shipment contained a bunch of the new Chaos stuff, the new WD and pretty much nothing else. They told me it's because no one buys anything. But crap, when I can't get ahold of 10 space marines, I think there's a severe problem.

They're also supposed to get one Baneblade, and I already called dibs. MINE! GRRR

Easy E
06-10-2007, 14:24
All my stuff comes from the Air Traffic in Burnsville. They haven't gotten a decent shipment in for about 2-3 months.

It's a shame really. They have such a nice potential gaming area and it just goes to waste.