PDA

View Full Version : Erebus

TheMartyr451
03-10-2007, 03:38
So I was thinking about the Horus Heresy books just now. Then my thoughts wandered to Erebus, and I thought "Does he still live to the current millenium?". I mean, does he survive the heresy and continue to serve Lorgar until the 41st millenium? Discuss.

Col. Dash
03-10-2007, 03:55
I thought they killed him in one of the books as a sacrifice, or am I just imagining I read that. I thought he was a very flat character with no character development at all and as a character had no redeeming qualities for the series.

Hicks
03-10-2007, 04:27
He had his throat slit during a sacrifice on Davin if I remember correctly. I can't remember if it was how he really met his end though.

Tyron
03-10-2007, 04:31
No he doesn't die because he said he would get revenge on the woman who did it when he comes back.

Dark Apostle197
03-10-2007, 04:37
He is also in two short stories of "Tales from the Dark Millenium" or something like that where he was alive and kicking. He was sacraficed, but then like not really. (wasn't he in the books after that part anyway)

Vaulkhar
03-10-2007, 11:23
Yep, Erebus is still around in M.41 - he also appears later on in the same book as the throat-slitting incident, so it's not a continuity mistake that has him survive.

Progena
03-10-2007, 13:07
His throat knitted back together and he lived on. Power of Chaos for ya. Of course he was a bit pissed and killed the sorceress who cut him IIRC.

Erebus26
03-10-2007, 13:52
Yep I'm still alive and well...and bringing Chaos to the faithless loyalist dogs!!! :D

TheMartyr451
04-10-2007, 03:35
I'd be interested to hear some fluff about him in the current millenia. I enjoy reading about the guys from the Horus Heresy still being around.

Oh how I wish GW and forgeworld would make a "Warhammer 30,000".

Kegluneq
04-10-2007, 08:22
Read Tales From The Dark Millenium. He appears in a few stories in there.

The Warmaster
04-10-2007, 11:29
He also appears in the BL book on the 13th Black Crusade, along with a pretty picture or two of him.

- N.

Vasteye
04-10-2007, 16:16
i couldnt find the white dwarf i was thinking of, but i'm 99% sure he was involved in summoning a warp storm on subiaco diablo during the eye of terror summer campaign. and as such would still be around today

Minibull
04-10-2007, 16:30
Oh how I wish GW and forgeworld would make a "Warhammer 30,000".

Well, there was a very good fan-based 30k codex written recently. I was highly impressed with it. Search the forums for it - I think it was at the Bell of Lost Souls web site.

Swifty
04-10-2007, 21:40
Does anyone have the pictures from the 13th black crusade book?

TheMartyr451
05-10-2007, 02:58
I was also wondering if anyone knew if Captain Horus Aximand survives the heresy?

Maybe I should have made this thread about "What heresy era characters survive the heresy to the 41st millenium...", lol

Erebus26
05-10-2007, 08:30
I don't know about Aximand - his fate looks doomed to be honest!!!

If you read the IA articles and BL books like Storm of Iron and Dark Apostle there seems to be quite a few HH characters knocking as time operates differently in the warp my friend! :D

the varks
05-10-2007, 09:24
He also appears in the BL book on the 13th Black Crusade, along with a pretty picture or two of him.

- N.

you mean this picture?
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/marcotessari/P1000806.jpg

Marco

05-10-2007, 15:48
for some reason i thought he was in a dreadnought hangin around with abbadon

Gue'la Koholic
05-10-2007, 20:31
He's still kickin in the HH books, and he seems like the type that should be in the 41st Millenium somewhere. I want to know if he was the first of the SMs that turned.

I agree with Little Horus seeming doomed. He's got that whole fall / redemption thing going, so I can see him dying as a martyr to the emperor.

Anyone know what happens/happened to Garro?

TheMartyr451
05-10-2007, 20:46
He's still kickin in the HH books, and he seems like the type that should be in the 41st Millenium somewhere. I want to know if he was the first of the SMs that turned.

I agree with Little Horus seeming doomed. He's got that whole fall / redemption thing going, so I can see him dying as a martyr to the emperor.

Anyone know what happens/happened to Garro?

I for one think he becomes the first Grey Knight/Inquisitor, as well as the other Eisenstein Space Marines. It's hinted at in the "Flight of the Eisenstein". He's actually one of my favorite characters in the series.

One thing I've wondered about him, is after the whole Istvaan III incident and all that, did he consider himself a Dusk Raider afterwards? Or still part of the Death Guard? Since Iacton Qruze repainted his armor to the Luna Wolves heraldry, I'd like to think Garro repainted his armor to the Dusk Raiders heraldry.

slasher
05-10-2007, 20:58
HH artbooks mention 8 marines and 4 others being presented to the Emperor befor he goes onto the golden throne - all the marines hand picked by the regent for proven loyalty to the Emperor over their primarch.

TheMartyr451
05-10-2007, 21:17
HH artbooks mention 8 marines and 4 others being presented to the Emperor befor he goes onto the golden throne - all the marines hand picked by the regent for proven loyalty to the Emperor over their primarch.

Garro and Qruze must be 2 of them, maybe some guys from the Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, White Scars, and Emperor's Children and World Eaters. (if you beleive some of them were on the Eisenstein)

Gue'la Koholic
05-10-2007, 22:29
I thought only Death Guard and the half heard were on the Eisenstein. I can guess about three of the four non-Astartes before the Emperor - Sindermann, Oliton and Keeler.

As for the Emperor's Children, "Fulgrim" does a pretty job of saying that that entire chapter is utterly corrupted. All the loyalists are dead and everyone else is extremely debased. There's surprising little written about the fate of most of the World Eaters(I think only 1 or 2 marines are named). I think it was hinted at though that perhaps Tarvitz and few of the remaining loyalists(and maybe even Loken) survived by reaching some hangar beneath Choral city. I personally would like to see Rylanor survive.

I don't mind them killing off a few Primarchs and answering a few questions, as long as some still remain. It adds a little variety to the 41st.

LexxBomb
06-10-2007, 15:31
I for one want to see some Custodes in the HH books

The Warmaster
06-10-2007, 15:35
you mean this picture?
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/marcotessari/P1000806.jpg

Marco

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. He does appear in another picture in there, if I recall correctly (not mentioned in the caption though - however, it's obviously him). I don't actually own the book, but I have had a look through it a few times, so I can't really check to confirm right now.

I for one want to see some Custodes in the HH books

Well, they have appeared briefly in False Gods and Flight of the Eisenstein, but I suppose that hardly counts. I'm personally hoping for a book where they play a big part, although I can't see that happening until they get to covering the Imperial Webway.

- N.

codicium_aeternum
06-10-2007, 18:23
His throat knitted back together and he lived on. Power of Chaos for ya. Of course he was a bit pissed and killed the sorceress who cut him IIRC.

his throat was slit so he could go and interfere with horus on the death plane

he was then supposed to be brought back, which he was, then he killed the princess priestess w/e because she dared to kill him in the first place