PDA

View Full Version : Firebase In Need Of Several Graphics Designers

Light of the Emperor
03-10-2007, 05:17
I know this might not be the right place to put this, but we need to reach out to the large amount of 40K posters who frequent this area of the forums.

Firebase is currently in need of more graphics designers who can help with the extensive work load that goes into the e-zine.

If you think you can help out, please PM Stillfrosty for more information.

Thanks!

Stillfrosty
03-10-2007, 15:22
I am bumping this for more people to see.

Stillfrosty
05-10-2007, 15:28
Is there any way to get this thread sticked for the time being?

Darkseer
05-10-2007, 16:46
ask a mod.

Rich 123
05-10-2007, 19:19
I would offer my help but currently I am too busy looking for a design job, more specifically in typographic design and my job hunting has even been impacting my ability to do anything for the Painters Tale update PDF.

Sorry, but if you get back to me in the coming months I may be able to provide some help then.

Dicky

scarletsquig
05-10-2007, 19:25
I'm doing a degree in graphic design at the moment.

What exactly do you want doing?

I'm not willing to do a vast amount of work on this, but don't mind throwing a few hours here and there at it. At the very least, I can provide constructive criticism. ;)

Stillfrosty
05-10-2007, 19:33
Well we are looking for a couple of things. First and foremost we are looking for someone to convert pictures and docs into the FIREBASE pdf template as we wouldn't have a magazine with out that.

Secondly we are looking for designers to come up with new logos, flyers, etc so we can promote the magazine even more so then we do now. Believe it or not, there are still some people who have never heard of FIREBASE!!!

So if you are interested in either, both, or you have any ideas please feel free to share.

IJW
05-10-2007, 20:12
First and foremost we are looking for someone to convert pictures and docs into the FIREBASE pdf template as we wouldn't have a magazine with out that.
Is somebody already putting the files together (just the conversion to PDF to do), or is there layout work involved as well?

If the layout is already done in a cross-platform format (I'm Mac-based) such as a Word document, I should be able to convert it to PDF pretty easily, and then tweak it for smaller download size. Not that Word is ideal for page layout... :mad:

Stillfrosty
05-10-2007, 20:17
Well I was waiting to get to that part ;)

Yes, if you were interested in converting files layout would be a factor as well.

IJW
05-10-2007, 20:29
I might be able to help with layout, but I'd be using a Mac-specific program called 'Pages', so wouldn't be able to share files easily. And as a self-employed photographer my free time tends to be a bit... unpredictable.

EDIT - I'm hesitant about volunteering because when I get busy anything to do with gaming goes straight out of the window.

Stillfrosty
06-10-2007, 06:11
Well I am still interested so please be sure to keep me informed!