PDA

View Full Version : GW Australia will it change prices?

k_man
03-10-2007, 07:29
I know there have been another thread similar to this but i wanted everyones opinions

At the rate the Australia dollar is going it will most likely hit even with the US dollar around christmas or mayeb slightly later,
If that happens do you beleive GW AUS will change prices? I beleive they will, because not doing so is almost fiancial sucide, chargeing 15 dollars extra because we are aussies isnt a great reason

So what do you think?

Cypher
03-10-2007, 07:35
Prices went up last month - dont think they're going down again.

The thing to remember is that we dont have a factory down here - all our GW stock comes via cargo ship, which adds to the price.

the_dark_sarge
03-10-2007, 07:37
Yes,
but a IG squad cost 35 in the US and 50 in Australia, if the currency comes even thats 15 dollars difference, it doesnt cost 15 dollars to send that from the factory to aus
does it?
kieran

Khornies & milk
03-10-2007, 08:19
Get used to the prices as is (imo). No way are they or would they reduce their prices (definitely expect Hell to freeze over before that happens).
We are supposedly 'THE' growth area for GW, but that must apply to the growth in price as well as market growth.

blongbling
03-10-2007, 08:24
im afraid that even now in the new age of technology and wonder that there is no such thing as a global pricing system. every product all over the world is sold at different prices...why not compare it to the Hong Kong Dollar as well, or the Icelandic Krona?

Businesess dont normally start playing around with the RRPs of product due to their currency exchange rates beign more or less advantageous. WHen the currency was worse would you expect the prices to go up as a result......

If you are that worrled, the best thing you can do is to order from teh US, make a statement, dont pay the prices.....but then have to pay the shipping, possible import duties, etc and then you will notice the prices will be the same

Still learning
03-10-2007, 09:39
you can order from the US and ship to Aus. I don't know if that works out cheap or not.

Thats the good thing about FW, they have a standard price.

lorelorn
03-10-2007, 10:13
I doubt they will lower prices.

On the flip side they didn't raise them (beyond the usual) a few years back when our dollar was worth just 0.49 USD either. At that time, they ate the loss.