PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Brass Scorpion

macbeth
03-10-2007, 12:13
I'm sure that, during the summer, I found on the internet a method to build a Brass Scorpion with one or two Defilers. I thought it was on one of the GW websites (French, British or Amercian), but I can't find it anymore!

Has anybody heard of that Brass Scorpion thing, or have I dreamt?

slickis
03-10-2007, 12:15
i cant provide any website links, but yes, i know that the scorpion is made from two standard chaos defiler kits. thats as far as my information takes me!

Remoah
03-10-2007, 12:16
Brass Scorpions are in fact true, they are coming out with Apocalypse.

Anyhow, the brass scorpion you see on the Datafax is actually an old model that someone plays as if it's a defiler, look in the Vehicle Honours section of the BGB, that's what you're thinking off, made by one of the GW staff and now being used as a 'brass scorpion'

However, there isnt gonna be a kit for it i don't think, but it WILL certainly be playable, much like alot of Dark Eldar units, if you can make one, then you can field it.

pookie
03-10-2007, 12:21
try a search function mate - IIRC thers a thread in the Background forum with picks and quite a handy guide to the Brass Scorpion - Culven was the Threads author i think.

** here: http://warseer.com/forums/40k-general-discussion/100512-conversions.html

macbeth
03-10-2007, 12:35
Thanks!

I'm going to try to make one one day or the other...

pookie
03-10-2007, 13:37
Thanks!

I'm going to try to make one one day or the other...

no probs mate

Dreachon
03-10-2007, 16:13
FW are currently working on making a kit for it.

Voltaire
03-10-2007, 16:16
The brass scorpion is a reality. Buying 3 defilers gives you enough bits to make two of these beasts.

Merceus
03-10-2007, 17:16
I havent seen any online guides... but I have finished making a guide just last night... I can PM it to ya if ye want...

Black Antelope
03-10-2007, 20:32
I saw two in action at my local store (York) on Saturday. Very nasty. One was gunned down in the middle of the bored. made a very large hole the packed troop formations (by packed I mean around 30 odd loyal termies and 10 chaos termines within bout 10 inches around it). The other lipped a Hellhammer, and took both structure points off a Baneblade. I metlaed it, and it blew up. Cooked off the Baneblade, and killed everything within 18 except a gun drone and the metla sister who shot it. (bout 30 fire warriors, 80 odd marines, 2 sister units, AF in a chimera etc etc etc. Suffice it to say, I was not popular with forces of Order :mad:(though for some reason, a lot of chaos guys thanked me afterwards. :angel:

My 2 cents-suicide assault units against crowded areas. (when it dies, has a very large chance of exploding everything within 3D6 takes a S9 AP1 hit):evilgrin::skull:

ChaosMaster
04-10-2007, 03:25
I used both of my Brass Scorpions, the ones shown in the link in post #10 above, in an Apocalypse pre-release game a couple weeks ago. There were about eight Baneblades in the game on one side, my two Scorpions, a Titan and a bunch of other stuff on the other side. It was a really great time and that was just a small taste of some of the Apocalypse rules and super-heavies. One Scorpion destroyed three weapons on a Baneblade in one round of close assault. We had a couple massive explosions from Baneblades, huge templates flying everywhere, it was loads of fun!

Tehkonrad
04-10-2007, 03:35
as it should be