PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good way to transport IG sentinals

Mouse_NJ
03-10-2007, 17:48
As i'm starting a sentinal heavy army, I wanted to check out there if anyone has advice in transporting a army with 12 sentinals. The rest of the list is basically 27 Stormtroopers, 6 Lascannon teams, 3 Chimeras, 2 Russes so that i've got some ideas for. However i'm really clueless on what to do about the sentinals do to their odd shape/design.

Any ideas out there? I have army transport bags, but i'm figuring i'd need 3x 3 inch foam inserts which might hold 3-4 per tray if i'm lucky??

Gen.Steiner
03-10-2007, 17:57
I lie them on their side around the edge of the bottom foam tray in the GW carry case. This allows their bases to live outside the constrictions of the foam inserts and nicely protects the rest of the model.

RexTalon
03-10-2007, 18:12
These foam trays fit Sentinels pretty well, and they fit in a standard GW case.
http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/tray-15-26-p.asp

ChaosMaster
03-10-2007, 18:29
Is there a good way to transport IG sentinals?
Upright in a case that is the same thickness roughly as a GW figure case. The Plano 1404 Accessory case, if you put the customizable foam layer in the middle and have your Sentinels standing up will hold quite a few of them safely. That is how I transport my 3 existing Sentinel squadrons (9 Sentinels) plus my Ogryn squad, also standing up to take advantage of the depth of the case and get more models in it.

fwacho
03-10-2007, 18:29
i carry mine tightly packed with other tanks in the bottom of fishing tackle box. (have foam glued around the edges though.

Bunnahabhain
03-10-2007, 19:55
I find that not attaching the legs to the body or feet is the easiest way to transport them. They click together easily for use.

RexTalon
03-10-2007, 23:11
Yea, magnets are the way to go, if you haven't assembled them already. If you have I'd still go with the Figures in Comfort tray.

Mouse_NJ
04-10-2007, 14:36
How I wish I asked this before I assembled them! Honestly magnets slipped my mind. I'm going to have to kick it around a little. I'll have to hunt for the figures in comfort trays... I live in the US and tend not to order from overseas so there may be similar options here

MadDogMike
04-10-2007, 14:52
How I wish I asked this before I assembled them! Honestly magnets slipped my mind. I'm going to have to kick it around a little. I'll have to hunt for the figures in comfort trays... I live in the US and tend not to order from overseas so there may be similar options here

Sabol Army Transporters is a more local option for that; you can check them out under the "figure case" options here (http://www.thewarstore.com/).

Maarten
04-10-2007, 14:57
As I'm about to field several Sentinals myself I have thought a bit about this issue as well.

Have you tried not glueing the Sentinals' feet to their legs? That way you can easily remove the bases for storage and travel. When you're done storing and travelling you easily put the bases back on for play.

ehlijen
04-10-2007, 14:58
If you don't attach the legs to the body, you can also remove the body and leave just the legs on the table if it gets destroyed for fun value :)