PDA

View Full Version : Apoc Games * Masses of ork fighta's*

paul_batchelor
03-10-2007, 22:47
It all started when my local GW manager asks me to make him some armour plates for his Gargant project!!!???

Made the plates for him in a day then got carried away and started this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mini_boy/40k%20Orks/100_2204.jpg

To be fair it started off like this.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mini_boy/40k%20Orks/100_2174.jpg

Then over the next week in my lunch breaks this happened.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mini_boy/40k%20Orks/100_2171.jpg

And almost finnaly tonight this......

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mini_boy/40k%20Orks/100_2202.jpg

Now imagine that X10 with X3 Bombers and X1 thunderhawk sized Orky drop ship.

I really can't wait to unleash an entire ork airkorp!

bhusus
03-10-2007, 23:03
Its so simple looking I feel like I shouldn't like it...but I love it!

IJW
03-10-2007, 23:03
VERY nice! Have you shown these over on the-waaagh.com yet?

Tulun
03-10-2007, 23:14
Awesome stuff. I wish I was able to make models like that on my own.

mistformsquirrel
03-10-2007, 23:16
That is great <O.O>

Melchor
03-10-2007, 23:18
Whoa! So cool! So simple!

Did you make those moulds yourself?

Ghilleman
03-10-2007, 23:24
Very cool. I like it alot. Bring it to the-waaagh so we can all revel in its glory.

Cry of the Wind
04-10-2007, 00:16
I've never liked Orks except for their aircraft and that one is awesome for a scratch build. Only one problem though....it almost looks (and I hate to say it) cute in the painted pictures...like something you might find flying around in a kids show. All I think it needs is to look a little more menacing with some flames and teeth, maybe a few more guns and under slung rockits. It's way better than anything I can put together though!

As for using a lot of them, even in an Apoc game, I think you'd better test out using just one or 2 before you go all out. In my experience with my Lightning Attack Fighter, unless your enemy knows its coming they probably won't be able to handle more than one, let alone 10+!!! Aircraft have a lot of mobile firepower that is hard to stop; having entire squadrons of them could turn a fun Apoc game into shooting fish in a barrel...

Ozendorph
04-10-2007, 00:17
Very nice result. I hope your opponents have a Hydra or three, or it'll be a rather nasty game. :)

Quentin
04-10-2007, 01:01
Awesome job. Try adding some menacing Orky teeth, and then it'll be perfect. You're a very good scratch-builder!

mistformsquirrel
04-10-2007, 01:11
I've never liked Orks except for their aircraft and that one is awesome for a scratch build. Only one problem though....it almost looks (and I hate to say it) cute in the painted pictures...like something you might find flying around in a kids show. All I think it needs is to look a little more menacing with some flames and teeth, maybe a few more guns and under slung rockits. It's way better than anything I can put together though!

As for using a lot of them, even in an Apoc game, I think you'd better test out using just one or 2 before you go all out. In my experience with my Lightning Attack Fighter, unless your enemy knows its coming they probably won't be able to handle more than one, let alone 10+!!! Aircraft have a lot of mobile firepower that is hard to stop; having entire squadrons of them could turn a fun Apoc game into shooting fish in a barrel...

Doesn't Apocalypse have different rules for Flyers though? That make them a little easier to deal with? >.< Or did I misunderstand that in the rumor section?

dr.oetk3r
04-10-2007, 01:33
Very nice! I was making a scratch built marauder bomber for my IG army...

Perhaps i should make it orky!

Xomborg
04-10-2007, 01:58
Awesome!

I love more uniform and mass-produced planes, Ork planes seem to hodge-podge for my liking. But you have struck a beautiful balances!

Cry of the Wind
04-10-2007, 03:00
Apoc may have different rules...I haven't seen them yet but I can't see them being too far off the add 12" to range, only hit on 6's and glance only. Those factors are what make flyers hard to deal with. That and full movement combined with multiple heavy weapons...

bhusus
04-10-2007, 03:08
You realize what would be even sweeter...DOGFIGHT!

Just so we're clear I mean airplane battles, not Michael Vick's side job

Frep
04-10-2007, 03:18
Man that is one heck of a plane it looks so orky. So how are the bombers comming then, if they're have as good it will be fantastic?
I've always been confused on how 40K dogfights would work. Probably look pretty cool though.

Grubnar
04-10-2007, 04:08
It looks great!

And i really think you should post this on theWaaagh!!!
Please?

killa kan kaus
04-10-2007, 04:24
Do you play bfg or aeronuatica?

Brother xavier
04-10-2007, 05:33
You must write a 'How to'. That is a very nice model

spacemonkey
04-10-2007, 05:54
Amazing, very orky indeed.

Sleazy
04-10-2007, 08:48
cant wait for one of these babies!

paul_batchelor
04-10-2007, 09:43
Thanks for the nice words.

I kinda went for an old school silly and kinda clunky cute look, if you look at most of my model making and painting it's all very comic book looking.

As for having 10+ and that being hard to deal with.

Well:)

If Orks did indeed exist and had a love of speed and all that, they would have legions of fighta's millions of them:)

It'll be fun seeing how people react to that in a game setting and also fun seeing them find ways of overcoming it too.

If they can't. Well it'll sure be fun for me fielding 1250pts of fighta's and watching them Bomb the Begeezus outta everything every turn of the game:)

Tee Hee.