PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point Chariot Army

UltimateNagash
04-10-2007, 10:44
Obviously :p
Each Character is above the unit they join...
It's designed to go really really really fast, and that's about it :D
Settra keeps using his Will on all the Chariot units, and the Princes have Magical defences, while the Mirage Standard and Banner of the Undying Legion keep the "supa" unit going rather fast, eh? ;)

What do ya guys and gals think?

Settra 625

Icon Bearer 142
Light armour, chariot, Mirage Standard

8 Chariots 375
1 is Musician, 1 is Standard Bearer with Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Prince 199
Spear of Antarhak, light armour, shield, Vambraces of the Sun, chariot

4 Chariots 190
1 is Musician, 1 is Standard Bearer

Tomb Prince 199
Sword of Battle, light armour, shield, Broach of the Great Desert, chariot

4 Chariots 190

Tomb Prince 199
Biting Blade, light armour, shield, Blue Khepra, chariot

4 Chariots 190

5 Chariots 230

4 Carrion 96

4 Carrion 96

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Scorpion 85

2986 Points

eleveninches
04-10-2007, 11:59
Does settra count as your heirophant? If so, does he die instantly from s7 hits?

He Who Is Him
04-10-2007, 22:06
Settra does count as your heirophant and no, he doesn't die instatly from s7 attacks. He actually has a pretty ridiculous Armor/ward save, even against cannons and the like.

As for the list, looks good for a Settra list, but no rare units at all? I know you want a list that moves, but a SSC is hard not to bring along. And bold choice in the Icon bearer, I've never seen this guy actually be worth the character slot, but this might be the army he fits into. 5 units of roughly 25 chariots in total will look great once you get them painted and on the table (pics please!) but it make take some time to fine-tune how they are all gonna get some damage done in Combat (not too much time though, it is a 3000pt battle after all). I don't really understand all the musicians, but this seems to be one of those things that players (especially the undead) are set-in-stone on, one way or the other: musician or no musicians. I personally don't get into enough situations where I tie CC (especially in chariots) where the musicians become a factor, but others swear by them, so I guess it's just a preference thing.

Lastly, you said "the Princes have Magical defences". Where? You have the magic resistance and a dispell scroll, but that's it. I know there really isn't anything else available for magic defense, but that is biggest downfall of the settra army, so hope they don't get any spells off the first few turns, and you're in the clear.

UltimateNagash
05-10-2007, 11:26
It's the only defence I can get ;)

And it's 30 Chariots :D
Now to buy them over time ;) Buy one every week, or something like that, and I'll see how I go - I need to finish making Settra as well...
I take Musicians because some people say they're useful, so yeah...

And I'm not taking a SSC cause it's easy VC for an opponent - they send their flyers round and it's gone just like that...
And Settra is nasty - 2 4+ saves minimum :evilgrin:

The only thing I could do to take out Wizards would be to change round a Prince to be an anti-wizard model, but I think maybe just using one Prince to charge a Wizard with his unit and challenging them might be just as effective...

He Who Is Him
06-10-2007, 00:16
It's the only defence I can get ;)

I know, I just wanted to make sure you did too. Settra is great against most chaos and dwarfes

lector#1
08-10-2007, 15:16
with the settra list do the princes count as the points for the chariots

because im thinking of starting up a similar list and im not sure on tomb kings because i have only started them today

my list has about 30 charriots aswell and im not sure on how to go about my princes because im going to have to spend plenty of money on the charriots and 4 tomb prince models i was thinking of getting normal chariots and then just adding some extra bits onto it.

UltimateNagash
08-10-2007, 20:34
Bits order some old mummies ;)

lector#1
09-10-2007, 11:34
have you used this army yet does it do well against cannons and magic heavy lists