PDA

View Full Version : Listen for the secret Forgeworld Messages

SJPiglet
04-10-2007, 15:39
Im not sure if this fits into this forum but it is to do with Forgeworld, but more about the company rather than the models.

Really Sorry for the long post but i feel this has to be said

Anyway just today, i had a very shocking encounter with them, which lowered my perception as them as a company.

I made an order back in Late August, and slowly bits arrived piece by piece, this was fine, as I knew they would be busy with Games Day. Anyway my last part of the order arrived this morning, and it contained my Red Scorpions Veterans Pack. However inside the packet the heads were missing. So i thought i would phone them as soon as possible to sort it out. The Line was engaged for quite a while and i finally got through to one of the sales team. I told them the problem and they asked for the order number etc... And they said they would sort it and send it as soon as possible, but could be delayed due to postal strikes. I said no worries, and that was the end of the phone call, the sales person put down their end of the phone, but my phone was still connected so i could still here what he was saying. And to my disgust i heard him say to the person next to him, a load of foul language about how i was lying to try and get some more heads. Something along the lines of 'That ********** Liar.' Well that didn't sit right with me, how rude.

So i phoned again and got through to somebody different and complained and they said they were sorry and would get a supervisor to ring me back. But when the second salesperson put the phone down i could still here what he was saying and he was talking to the person who said all the foul language and it turns out the supervisor was actually the person that had the dirty mouth.

So just now i got a phone call from the manager of forgeworld and he apologised and put it down to stress, well i just feel they totally flogged me off.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

So next time you phone forgeworld, let them hang up first and keep your phone connected and see what they say about you.

Chaos and Evil
04-10-2007, 15:55
Forgeworld often mess up their orders (I reckon about 30% of all my orders have something wrong with them).

Frankly, they did you wrong today. :(

BigRob
04-10-2007, 16:38
I've read in various places that Forgeworld are overwhelmed with orders and have started working 7 days a week instead of 5, so some stress is expected,but language like that is uncalled for. I've had abuse from staff instore before, but only a couple of times when they we frazzled from tryin gto fill a quota and deal with the little brats parents would dump in the store all day (Its not a creche!)
I imagien they do get alot of people trying it on though, GW and Forgeworld seem to have a hasslefree replacement service and if my orders were wrong, I usually got free stuff. People here about that and start trying to blag bits and pieces.

Hope you get the heads sorted.

kaimarion
04-10-2007, 16:51
Yeh I just sent my Valkyie away 8 pieces missing 10 miscast :( anyway I'll let them hang-up first and see what they say.

Yeh if I were you mate I'd be very P------ off .

SJPiglet
05-10-2007, 10:04
***Update***

Today i received in the post, sent by UPS express delivery, and small box from Forgeworld. Inside it contained my missing heads and a letter of apology. That would of been enough to keep me happy, but they also sent me a free Red Scorpion Terminator and a Red Scorpion Brass Etched set, which was a very pleasant surprise. So it all turns out well in the end, "every cloud" and all that lot, :)

DarthSte
05-10-2007, 11:40
Glad to hear you got it sorted, I've never had any problems with the staff myself, but will certainly stay on the line if I do call them.

Patriarch
05-10-2007, 12:06
Write to the Directors of the company as a complaint, and follow it up.

Not about the messed up delivery, which they have already sorted out for you (and "apologised for" by way of free stuff) but for insulting you.

There is little difference here between what you were party to and say, taking a faulty kettle back to the shop - the assistant saying "Actually I think you probably broke it yourself and you just want a freebie. But here's a new kettle and a free toaster as well to shut you up. Now p*** off."

I don't know about you, but it would take more than a free toaster (or terminator) to make me let it lie.

Frankly, if someone both slags off the cutomers and doesn't have the brains to keep it from them, they don't deserve their job. Stress or not.

Darkson
05-10-2007, 12:51
Having worked in retail for to many years, I agree with Patriach. Stress isn't an excuse for insulting customers (wow! working 7 days a week - I had to do that for months on end, just to make ends meet, and I never called anyone a "********** cheat" or "lying bas***d").
For every company I've worked for, that would be a final written warning, if not dismissal for professional misconduct.

Mahwell Skel
05-10-2007, 12:56
SJPiglet seems pretty pleased with the result.

Patriarch are you Nicky Campbell in disguise?

They sent a letter of apology. What are the directors going to do? Send another letter of apology?

What they should do is sort out the random packaging situation then no-one rings up about an order or when they do they can say well no your order was checked twice rather than oh yeah Igor the mail order troll had too much fizzy pop that day and went a bit mad so here is a load of free profits.

Sylvain Drakkar
05-10-2007, 14:23
I have to agree with Mahwell. I tend to only browse over these forums, but this has kinda piqued my interest.

I’ve worked in customer service a long time and, I’m sorry, anyone in that profession who says that they’ve never called a customer a bad name or muttered under their breath when they’ve gone is either lying or forgetful. The same goes for shouting obscenities at a football player on TV, or badmouthing the latest celebrity bimbo – would you really say those things if you thought they would hear you, or do you even really mean those things? The difference is that here, SJPiglet was ‘unlucky’ enough to hear it. The fact that the guy was stressed in no way excuses whatever he said, but they are obviously sorry for what has happened and tried to make up for a human error.

I’m sure that the guy SJPiglet spoke to has already been give a big dressing down and this really is something between SJP and FW, people really shouldn’t be goading him on to take it higher, like “he must pay for his crime!!”, when it’s nothing to do with anyone else

precinctomega
05-10-2007, 14:56
Point to note: the foul-mouthed supervisor has already cost FW a call from the Manager, a letter of apology and some apologetic freebies. I would not be at all surprised if he had already been disciplined. It is rare that any company would tell a customer about its own internal discipline.

I'm impressed that FW was smart enough to go the extra mile. They are still a small company and as responsive as GW once was in its early days. Let me tell you about the time my mail order to GW took over four months to turn up (this was back in the day!)... no, you don't want to know.

Let it lie. They've got more important stuff to do: like designing sexy new models.

R.

SJPiglet
05-10-2007, 15:39
As far as i'm concerned the matter is now closed. Of course if the sales person intentionally swore down the phone, during the phone call, i would of taken the matter further. Like people have said, they have better things to do. I never complained to try and get free stuff, and it was very nice they went the extra mile. I just wanted an apology and to let them know that there system of disconnecting the call was faulty, as if it happens again they are gonna get a lot of unhappy customers, which ultimately will cost them a lot of money.

No body really wants to see forgeworld suffer, because they make such good models

Satan
05-10-2007, 20:34
Working in customer service ATM, things sometimes play out badly because we either misinterpret what our clients tell us or well... because some of them are downright freaky, drunk or just plain rude. The guy wasn't right to swear at you, but him having to handle alot of cases like that everyday where somebody's bound to lie to him, I can understand his frustration.

floyd pinkerton
05-10-2007, 21:50
That's frankly not good enough

I'll keep my ears sharp when i ring up tomorrow about my hellblade chaos fighter that looks more like something i could ski with then a fighter jet:D

Patriarch
05-10-2007, 23:40
SJPiglet seems pretty pleased with the result.

Patriarch are you Nicky Campbell in disguise?

They sent a letter of apology. What are the directors going to do? Send another letter of apology?

Nicky Campbell? Que?? :confused:

I got the impression they were mostly apologising for mucking his order up, not insulting him. Could be wrong there, I admit.

An apology is slightly more convincing from a director than from a manager. A manager might well be only one step up from the naughty man in the first place. And 9 times out of 10, the manager gets the employee concerned to draft the letter of apology so its pretty meaningless.

I grant you, another letter from a Director is just more wall decoration, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing the guy got b***ocked if only for wasting the Director's time. The same b***ocking won't happen if it only goes as high as the manager who does the brew round with everyone else. Imagine telling David Brent you've upset a customer - how worried would you be?

I don't work in retail, and yes customers may get cursed surreptitiously in my industry. But the miscreants know perfectly well that they are toast if the customer, whoever he is, ever gets wind of it. Maybe people get jaded if they deal with the general public a lot.

Patriarch - uncompromising customer relations since 1995!

Mahwell Skel
06-10-2007, 09:46
Nicky Campbell? Que?? :confused:

Patriarch - uncompromising customer relations since 1995!

Lol!

That Nicky Campbell bloke off radio 5 he also does the consumer rights programme "Watchdog" I think?? I can see it now...

"Well we have recieved a few complaints about Forgeworld and we took one here from SJ Piglet further. A spokesman for Forgeworld told us they are urgently reviewing their telephone policy and their packaging system and hope customers will soon see the benefits of the new system and their excellent models. I then didn't put the phone down and I heard him call me a "Pr*ck"."

scarletsquig
06-10-2007, 14:59
Yeah, I wouldn't really go all fire and brimstone on them for a one-off incident, think Patriarchs taking this a bit too far considering the OP's said he considers the matter settled.

Besides... if anything, the very act of posting this on Warseer where a lot of their customers will end up reading it has even worse reprecussions than taking the matter further within the company would have. Especially since everyone I know loves Forge World even if they hate GW. ;)

I've read in various places that Forgeworld are overwhelmed with orders and have started working 7 days a week instead of 5

In that case, I think the manager needs to concentrate on sorting out the staffing problem above anything else... or he/she will just end up with more angry staff, which inevitably leads to angry customers at some point.

Cry of the Wind
06-10-2007, 15:00
Having spent time working as a Red Shirt for GW I know that I've been frustrated with customers many times. Luckily for me I've never been caught saying anything like by the customer (although one guy did catch that I didn't really care about what he was talking about as he blabbed on about some strange idea he had for something to do with his army...it was really bad and I couldn't stand it and my 'I look like I care face' wasn't working very well that day).

Sure it was uncalled for but FW did everything that they could to set it right. We've been hearing a lot of complaints about FW recently and while I haven't been a victim of any of this stuff yet, maybe it should be a sign to FW that they need to expand their staff and their operation before they start to get a really bad reputation.

jb85
14-10-2007, 21:04
Bear in mind that the guys have been working extremely hard (they are just finishing off one of their busy seasons after GD) and might just be blowing off a bit of steam. They shouldn't do it but that's life, it happens in offices, call centres and shops up and down the country. I would consider it a far more serious matter if he did it to your face. Forgeworld (and GW) customer service bend over backwards to sort orders out, often giving people more models than they should get, so let’s cut them some slack.

To be quite frank I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the call for people to keep their phone lines connected after the call to eavesdrop. I'm pretty damn sure you wouldn't like it done on you SJPiglet (or anyone else for that matter).

Norminator
14-10-2007, 21:32
Huh, interesting. I'm with the 'don't go anyt further' crowd - it was a mistake after probably a hard day, and they made ammends rather well, so I wouldn't worry.

Did anyone else catch anything after not hanging up?

75hastings69
15-10-2007, 10:23
I am pretty disgusted at what you heard, and to be honest I don't think a half arsed apology about your order being wrong is anywhere near good enough for you hearing yourself being called a "*********** liar", the excuse of stress is nowhere near good enough and for a team leader to use this as an excuse is in itself appaling, they should gaurantee that the offending employee will be spoken to and I think as a good will gesture should at least given you the order for free. On the whole I have been impressed by FW as a company, but this has really, really disappointed me.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
15-10-2007, 13:01
I work in customer services, and you bitch about customers behind their backs, because you cannot do it front of their face.

The only thing they did wrong was not ensure you were out of earshot! :p

But right on with the complaint.

OBISPUDKENOBI
15-10-2007, 15:09
Im with Mad doc on this one, i have worked with customers all my working life and i can tell you hand on heart this is quite common, Its always the person who you call or talk to in the shop that gets it in the neck from the customer even though they havent done anything wrong, i have seen people in tears and had things thrown at them by unhappy customers for no reason than they were the member of staff that the customer decided to talk to first.

I used to work for a well known supermarket chain and i have had a customer telling me im a ************ liar and that we did sell Asda smart price digestive biscuits last week, this customer swore blue in the face and was pointing his finger in my face telling me what a bad employee i was for not showing him were in the shop they ************ were !!!!etc etc
and no matter how i tried to tell him that you cant buy Asda home brand buscuits in a Tesco super market he wouldnt have it .

now im not saying the forgeworld employee was in the right, but remember dealing with the customer service is hard work and usually poorly paid and is generally just people wanting to have a go at you even though you have done nothing wrong ,he may have called you a ************ liar and to be honest we only have your word that you were not trying to get free bits from them, but i wonder what his side of this story would have been ?I can honestly say that if i have come away from the phone and swore about a customer its usually for a good reason .........

Jedi152
15-10-2007, 15:18
I am pretty disgusted at what you heard, and to be honest I don't think a half arsed apology about your order being wrong is anywhere near good enough for you hearing yourself being called a "*********** liar", the excuse of stress is nowhere near good enough and for a team leader to use this as an excuse is in itself appaling, they should gaurantee that the offending employee will be spoken to and I think as a good will gesture should at least given you the order for free. On the whole I have been impressed by FW as a company, but this has really, really disappointed me.
I agree 100%. Free stuff is good, but it should never have happened in the first place. I'm glad you spoke to the manager, i certainly would have done.

This gives the impression that every caller is treated the same and you were only apologised to because you found out about it. They probably called you the same again after they sent you the letter!

Customer service, especially over the phone, is awful in this country. I've had council workers tell me i'm a liar directly to me (when asking why i couldn't pay a £500+ council tax bill outright) and i've had the usual 'let me reconnect you' - then they press the disconnect button - more than once from utilities companies.

Why aren't people nice and helpful any more? Especially people that are paid to solve your problems.

McMullet
15-10-2007, 15:51
Why aren't people nice and helpful any more? Especially people that are paid to solve your problems.
Because they aren't really paid enough and it's a thankless task? Of course, they never have been paid enough, but people are more aware of such things now. Still, that's more of a P&R issue...

As for the original topic, I imagine a lot of people do try it on, knowing full well that Forgeworld don't tend to interrogate you when you tell them you have bits missing. Forgeworld's policy on incomplete orders is very relaxed so it's inevitable.

(NB, I'm not suggesting this is true of the OP)

Of course, if they actually let you hear them voicing that kind of suspicion then that's not really right. Really, there's no need for them to say it at all. If they think you're lying, then they should refuse to replace the items. If they replace them, then that means that you're telling the truth, at least in theory. You have every right to be offended if someone professes to believe you then calls you a lying f'ker.

Overall, I'd say a letter of apology and a free model is a reasonable recompense for a few harsh words. If someone called me that I'd be pissed off. If someone called me that but it meant I got free stuff, wahey! Insult me all you like! As the saying goes: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me as long as they are accompanied by a proportionate number of free goodies from Forgeworld.

Jedi152
15-10-2007, 15:59
Because they aren't really paid enough and it's a thankless task? Of course, they never have been paid enough, but people are more aware of such things now. Still, that's more of a P&R issue...
Maybe so, but is that really an excuse for rudeness? I'm sure it does happen in every service though, sadly...

Overall, I'd say a letter of apology and a free model is a reasonable recompense for a few harsh words. If someone called me that I'd be pissed off. If someone called me that but it meant I got free stuff, wahey! Insult me all you like! As the saying goes: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me as long as they are accompanied by a proportionate number of free goodies from Forgeworld.
:D

Maybe you could be their official stress relief toy?

McMullet
15-10-2007, 17:38
Maybe so, but is that really an excuse for rudeness? I'm sure it does happen in every service though, sadly...

It's not really an excuse, no. But it's understandable. If I spent all day, every day answering phones for a pittance I doubt I'd feel particularly affectionate to the people who keep phoning up and complaining.

I think part of the problem is rudeness on both sides, because a lot of people ring a call centre and give the people they're ringing grief, when, ultimately, whatever has gone wrong is not their fault.

:D

If there's a vacancy, I'm there!

Ninja edit @ Patriarch: If I had room in my signature that would be there... :D

Patriarch
15-10-2007, 17:44

"Mr McMullet? Forgeworld here. Yep it's been a rough week again. May I? Great. You %$££&£&£ing *£%£%£%^ *%*££%er!!!

Ah, that's better. So, Thousand Sons Dreadnought or some Death Korps infantry this time?"

Easy E
22-10-2007, 18:40
After working as a Quality person in a call center, let me just tell you that this happens ALL THE TIME! It's how the call center folks blow off stress from literally talking to 96 to 288 people a day. To top it off, no one calls in to say how great things are going either.

If you have never worked in a boiler room, it is very bizarre. You are essentially leashed in front of a computer for 8 hours, and told when and for how long you can leave your leash behind. Every SECOND of your time is measured and tracked, and used to rate you against everyone with the bottom 10-20% being fired. Then, if you are a call center worker you usually (70% at my old place) have a second job to make ends meet.

Really, it is a sucky life, and I think we all need to have a bit of empathy for the folks who have to live like this in the call center.

That being said, you deserved an apology and extra goodies.

de Selby
23-10-2007, 12:31
I'm not sure if the forgeworld phones are manned by typical call centre workers. I think they have other things to do, don't they? It's such a small operation.

Anyway, when GW have corrected mistakes in my orders I've taken time to send a thankyou email when the situation was resolved. I know perfectly well that they have no proof there's really a problem, and I guess that somewhere along the road an exasperated employee has said "That liar!!!!", but the fact is they always corrected the problem, and that's what matters to me.

Purgator Sovereign
25-10-2007, 18:44
I don't see why people should feel ill of ForgeWorld in general because of single employees acting unappropriately. Ok this guy was at fawlt, but that means nothing about the company. Plus, none of us were there during the last 50 people who did try to get free stuff by false complaining. That is not to say they are excused, but that it could happen to anyone, and it says something about the phone guy, not FW.

Gaius_Baltar
25-10-2007, 21:33
That's very strange..

I've made 3 FW orders, and called them up twice to sort stuf out, and both times they were verry nice about it.... Though it was GW that helped, and I got no reply from FW themselves lol.

The first time was when I ordered a Valkyrie at Conflict Montreal, and I eneded up getting a Vulture inside a Valkyrie box. I simply called GW Canada up, and they quickly sent me a Valkyrie while they had some dude from UPS to pick up the Vulture.

The second time; The Conflict Montreal after, I ordered a Death Korps advancing squad.
It was like 5 months later and I still havent recieved it. I sent tonns of E-mails to FW but no reply..
I phoned up GW Canada before leaving for school, and they rummaged though their orderes and found mine under a desk or something. I recieved a package the same day with 2 Death Korps squads, and had an E-Mail from them apoligising.(I bet I spelt that wrong)

Khorghan
28-10-2007, 21:52
I used to work for a well known supermarket chain and i have had a customer telling me im a ************ liar and that we did sell Asda smart price digestive biscuits last week, this customer swore blue in the face and was pointing his finger in my face telling me what a bad employee i was for not showing him were in the shop they ************ were !!!!etc etc
and no matter how i tried to tell him that you cant buy Asda home brand buscuits in a Tesco super market he wouldnt have it .

in this case the customer wasnt going nuts and the employee was the one swearing for no good reason.

Stormsender
08-11-2007, 10:47
I have recently been disapointed in Forgeworlds service I emailed them I never recieved my order several times, I never recieved a response and never received my order. Now I am confronted with the idea that they probably circular filed it under a** h***.

After reading this thread I have lost confidence in FW, I won't be ordering from them again, which is sad because I like thier stuff. It sounds like they're just not interested in they're image or providing the best service they can.

Sure they gave you free stuff, but I don't know, if someone swears at me it is as if the whole company did it. If customer service is your job and you have to swear and cuss customers behind their back then you need to find a new job, because a companies image is there customer service.

Chaos and Evil
08-11-2007, 11:30
Forgeworld almost never reply to emails.

Call them, and your problem will be fixed within 10 minutes.

Patriarch
08-11-2007, 11:41
After reading this thread I have lost confidence in FW, I won't be ordering from them again, which is sad because I like thier stuff. It sounds like they're just not interested in they're image or providing the best service they can.

I think there are two seperate issues there. One is the naughty employee, which I find pretty offputting (see previous posts).

Depending on when you placed your order, there's a good chance that you are in the same position as most of FWs customers at the moment. FW are overwhelmed with orders since the release of Apocalypse.

I doubt they are "ignoring" you as such. As a small operation they will have all their people pulling shifts to make all these models and ship them out. This is a more effective use of their limited time than sending out hundreds/thousands of messages saying "Sorry your titan is late, we have no idea when we'll get round to making it, but we'll post it off when we do". Not only would that pull off production people from making your models, but it doesn't really tell you anything you don't know. In a very roundabout way they have sort of said that on the website (allow 28 days ATM). Try ringing them (01144 115 916 8177) if it's longer than that.

Jedi152
08-11-2007, 11:41
They replied to my email a while ago almost immediately with what amounted to a hearty ******** off!'. I dared to ask if Elysian squads could be supplied with different special weapons.

Yes call them and they'll sort it. Try and get called a liar and sworn at for bonus points!

For people who are luckily being given a premium for their product they can be very stuck up. I'd be nice as pie to someone who has just spend a few hundred quid on about 2 quids worth of resin.

Stormsender
08-11-2007, 11:51
Thanks for the help guys I will give them a call and see what happens, it's been a very long time so I don't know if they will have the paper work.

jb85
08-11-2007, 20:47
They replied to my email a while ago almost immediately with what amounted to a hearty ******** off!'. I dared to ask if Elysian squads could be supplied with different special weapons.

For people who are luckily being given a premium for their product they can be very stuck up. I'd be nice as pie to someone who has just spend a few hundred quid on about 2 quids worth of resin.

They don't do a bits service so I wouldnt be surprised if you were told no, as long as they didn't swear at you. Plus its a bit simplistic to say the price of the product is just the cost of the resin.

2_heads_talking
12-11-2007, 20:08
I think some people have to get a grip.

I work in a call centre, and believe me some of the things our staff have to put up with is unbelievable. Someone indicated that FW is now expecting 28 days for delivery, do you really think that phoning up and moaning at them after say 2 weeks is really going to make them go "You're so right, we're so sorry, listen I'm actually posting to you as we speak!" (Not that I'm saying that's what the OP did, just its remarkably common)

Well guess what, its not.

I don't doubt that the OP was more than polite on the phone, but when you consider that so many people call you, with nothing positive, complaining that the service is atrocious and that you're awful at your job because you're informing them of company policy, or their calling you with made up stories to claim more stuff and taking advantage of you... well, after a while, you become scunnered, it seems this person just had a rant once he thought you were off the phone and got caught.

The OP got an official written apology AND he got free stuff, and the staff member will have been dealt with in some way about it. So, what more would you all want? You're gonna dump the company because people are human, and have to vent frustration in what's a quite stressful line of work? I refuse to believe that you've never come off the phone after speaking to someone, and said something derogatory about them (whether a personal or a professional call).

So, cut them some slack; it was one incident and was dealt with properly and professionally by the company.

BLZBOB
14-11-2007, 15:12
Forgeworld almost never reply to emails.

Call them, and your problem will be fixed within 10 minutes.

Quoted For Truth, I called them just to make sure they hadn't despatched an order as some sonofa was thieving from the communal post area. After them telling me that 75% of the order was ready and allocated and I was only awaiting the Macahrius I said fine and that was that I was happy enough to wait. Next morning UPS dropped a package with the balance of my order less the Macharius which will follow, I hadnt asked for it to be shipped but they decided to do it anyway.

It seems the real problem is not that they swore at a customer but that they had the great misfortune to be overheard. Goodness knows I have muttered a choice oath after a customer phones up to give me twenty minutes of why I am **** my company is **** and everything I do or think to do is **** wether or not I have had anything to do with it or not.

As long as you think that the apology offered is acceptable then the matter is closed if not then proceed further with the matter.

aximand
17-11-2007, 11:29
A couple of months ago i got a miscast hull for the hellhound kit.i ringed them and they said its ok and that they will send a replacement right away.
well the hellhound comes in three parts,a bag with the turret parts,a bag with the hull,promethium tank and front hatch and lastly the chimera sprue.
4 days later i got a package with the whole hull bag ie the new hull plus an extra tank and front door.
forgeworld in my eyes has great costumer support and unfortunately for them(and me waiting for over a month for my vulcan macharius...)orders have been greatly increased with apocalypse.
oh!and i work at a bank,you should hear what i say some of these hard days...
anyway i believe all humans fall for human mistakes,just,let it go everyone.
cheers!

Your Evil Twin
18-11-2007, 20:52
I have to say iv never had any problems with forge world, not only this but I have often called with minor issues, for example I ordered an avatar for me and a hirophant bio titan for a friend, unfortunately the titans been out of stock for ages but I dont blame them as there has been a storm of order after apoc! but I have switched who i wanted them to post it to about 3 times, and after they split the order i have changed it again!

They have been fine with this so I give them full support and to be honest as they don't know who you are, you may well have been lying (not that i think you are) and while they are obliged to help you! a bit of abuse probably made them feel better about the numerous people who do make there lives more difficult by lying!

And besides id be happy with free forge world stuff!

Your Evil Twin

Erazmus_M_Wattle
18-11-2007, 21:56
I have a story but not about forgeworld. A long time ago I was a young buddig gamer. I thought I might start a Khorne Berzerker army but I had very litle cash at that time so I sent for some parts to make a converted lord in terminator armour using Abbadon and a box of 5 chaos marines.

Well it duly arrived and the 5 marines had transformed into a chaos bike. Well I complaned and the marines arrived in the post. I was very polite and courteous and when I asked if they wanted me to send the bike back he said 'Nope, mate just keep it. Fine.

Once I had painted them and I was pretty pleased with the result I had saved up enough pocket money to buy 2 boxes of the Khorne Berzerkers which had just been released. Back in the year 2000 or maybe 1999. Well I went to my local store (Glasgow. which was in Queen street if anyone here remembers) as I was once bitten twice shy when it came to mail order. They were out of stock.

The store guys asked If i wanted to pay in store but have the MO guys sort it out. I was reluctant. But as I was itching to get some I agreed. Well when they arrived, guess what? yep thats right all the backpacks were missing. They sent them out. Again I was polite and so were they.

Now as it would happen I moved to Nottingham and got a job in MO. I did well and passed my probabtion and eventually got given the resposibility of printing orders and looking into orders on the system.

One day we were a bit quite so I decided to take a look at my own account. It said "watch out for this **********, seems a bit suss to me 2 orders in a row both wrong. This guy is a *********** liar." I was incensed but as I was now staff nothing was done.

6 years later I was one of the supervisors and this kind of behaviour in Direct was a thing of the past. Direct is no longer the beast it was as all the "bit woo bit wah" cockney geezers moved on leaving a pretty competant well oiled machine in their place. So Forgeworld might be 8 years behind but I have every confidence that given the learing curve Direct Sales went through the FW team can learn from their mistakes. Hopefully it won't take 8 years to catch up.

EDIT: yeah the moral of the story was that even though you can be the most honest joeon the planet pissed off staff can still get you all wrong. No excuse though.

Nephilim of Sin
18-11-2007, 22:18
See, I have never had that bad of an experiance. In fact, quite the opposite. Back during Skullz, I ordered the limited Dark Elf Standard Bearer from Mail Order. When all arrived (I ordered a LOT during Skullz), I recieved the limited '3-up' head of a Dark Elf. Well, I gave them a call, and said I would send it back (even paying shipping) because it was a limited release item. They told me to keep it, and sent me the correct item as well. That was great customer service.

I also have to agree with some of the posts here. I worked in retail/rental video (not saying who), as an Assistant Manager. Even then, it was stressful, because they tell you to take care of the customer, yet, if there are 'too many credits', you risk being in trouble, or being fired. It is rediculous. I become great at telling the liars from those that we screwed over, and when it was our mistake, I took care of the customer twice over. But, yeah, we got mad. There were plenty of people trying to manipulate the system, trying to get stuff for free, and it was horrible. Most companies in the states, 'customers' can yell, scream and cuss at the employee, call their district manager, and get double back what you are 'out'. It is infuriating, and sometimes makes you wonder why you even try to do your job when things like that happen.

Patriarch
19-11-2007, 14:41
One day we were a bit quite so I decided to take a look at my own account. It said "watch out for this **********, seems a bit suss to me 2 orders in a row both wrong. This guy is a *********** liar." I was incensed but as I was now staff nothing was done.

Wow...I'd hate to think what it says on my MO record then. Over many years of buying from them I've had quite a few (genuine) mishaps, all dealt with by GW with their usual excellent customer service and friendliness. The thought that they were typing all that stuff in my record at the same time...well I'd really rather not know about it, it would totally put me off GW for good :( .

Trickle
20-11-2007, 21:22
Glad I ordered my recent GW batch direct to the local GW store. When there was missing bits, it was the store staff who had opened the box, identified this and contacted dispatches to sort it.

untimention
20-11-2007, 21:37
i put my order in for my bday end Oct and within 3 weeks it was all here and all fine, i checked before i got it from my parents to make sure.

cazzz669
04-12-2007, 23:05
wow glad to hear it was all sorted i do have to say they are appalling at sending packages in good time, but thankfully never had anyone swearing at me lol

Cry of the Wind
05-12-2007, 00:19
The thought that they were typing all that stuff in my record at the same time...well I'd really rather not know about it, it would totally put me off GW for good :( .

I also caution about being harsh on the staff. Every job has to have some way of venting at those people who cause them to have more work or worse work. Sure it is the mail order peoples job to be friendly when providing customer service but I wouldn't be to concerned with what they say when they are out of the customers eye. It's not like they hate you personally or anything like that, I'm sure if you met them and explained/showed them the miscast/mispackaged product then all hostility would end. Can you really blame then for being a bit jaded when it comes to dealing with people all the time when they know that there is a good chance some people do take advantage of GWs overly kind service.

Maybe this kind of thing hits home to me since a few weeks ago there was an unfortuneate conversation broadcasted across the entire terminal where I'm working right now. Let's just say some things were said about a customer that wouldn't pass the Warseer filters and the entire complex heard it... The person in question is a nice guy but we were just having a bad day and he did something to annoy us, the fact that the intercom button was knocked accidentally at the same time was merely unfortuneate...

Now I'm going to be making my largest FW order to date in the next week or so, interesting to see if I'm treated as well as before in the pre-Apoc days.

Brimstone
05-12-2007, 04:57
I think this thread is pretty much done now so I'll put it to bed.