PDA

View Full Version : MSN messenger minus?

Nameless One
12-04-2005, 23:32
I just installed the newest version of messenger. And I already regret doing so. :\

It seems Microsoft has found its market in the BrEeZaHs. The application is crammed with commercials and senseless crap.

I know that a few years ago someone invented Messenger Plus to appease the BrEeZaH's under us, that version gave useless functionality and plenty of spyware.

Now I wonder if any of you know of a Messenger Minus which let you delete the senseless add-ons and make you able to personalize it?

I am currently thinking about switching back to Messenger 6 (If Microsoft lets me. . . ) because the current chaotic layout drives me nuts.

Mc Haggis
12-04-2005, 23:44
Try Trillian: http://www.trillian.cc/

Its free, runs msn, yahoo and other networks and is linked in with Wiki.

Corruption
12-04-2005, 23:55
Trillian is the greatest IM program of all time. Use it, and you will never go back to msn.

Mc Haggis
13-04-2005, 00:06
It doesn't support the text drawing on the new msn though.

Minister
13-04-2005, 01:09
Adium. Opperates across Omnicenti knows how many different systems and has silly number of upgrades. Only thing is, it will only work on a Mac.

DaViEsW
13-04-2005, 17:51
Only use Trillian if you want to kiss goodbye to custom smilies.

Slyracoon
14-04-2005, 18:33
Only use Trillian if you want to kiss goodbye to custom smilies.
I desperately want to say goodbye to custom smilies.

Just downloaded Trillian, everything seems to work perfectly well without all the added crap that comes with msn usually. Plus it's nice not having to have two different programs for IM - yahoo and msn - running.

Brother Munro
14-04-2005, 20:22
Adium. Opperates across Omnicenti knows how many different systems and has silly number of upgrades. Only thing is, it will only work on a Mac.

Any messenger program that has AppleScripts for automatic Shakespereian/Yo momma insults has to be good. And 'cos Minister didn't provide it, linkage. (http://www.adiumx.com/) :cool:

Sgt John Keel
15-04-2005, 16:20
It doesn't support the text drawing on the new msn though.

And who needs that? In addition, custom smileys and the other MSN 7.0 addons are irritating as hell. And you can design your own skins. :o

On a related note, did the Portent IRC die?

/Adrian

Nid
15-04-2005, 19:52
I hate 7. I can't use my scrollbar to whip through my list anymore. Got to manually sort through it.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
15-04-2005, 21:16
Trillian is the greatest IM program of all time. Use it, and you will never go back to msn.

From my experience so far its not as good as AIM

Brother Munro
15-04-2005, 22:14
Trillian supports AIM, its a multi protocol messenging program.

alterion
15-04-2005, 22:54
nah.. mirada is the way to go.. trillian is becoming a bit of a bloat whereas miranda is classy, very small and can be twinned w samurize...

Pikachu
15-04-2005, 22:58
try googling for "mercury" or "dmsn", its pretty cool, and what i use.

i tried trillian, but it was all weird and wouldnt connect.

Kommissar Wulf
16-04-2005, 00:48
Now I wonder if any of you know of a Messenger Minus which let you delete the senseless add-ons and make you able to personalize it?

http://www.apatch.tk/ should get rid of bits of it for you

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
16-04-2005, 01:31
I meant the actual aim...the one with the figure of the little yelow guy running.

I know trillian supports aim, but that still doesnt make it easy. I probably have to get used to it first.

Crazy Harborc
16-04-2005, 03:48
Gee, no one claimed AOL did they.. Not me either, all I'll do is mention the ##%%in* place/thing/whatever.

Corruption
17-04-2005, 18:50
I meant the actual aim...the one with the figure of the little yelow guy running.

I know trillian supports aim, but that still doesnt make it easy. I probably have to get used to it first.
I can't stand AIM. Its only advasntage is that it is slightly easier to use.

But if you enjoy it, then use it.