PDA

View Full Version : Night Gobbo warband (homemade)

knosstik
05-10-2007, 08:36
Special Rules

Animosity
D6 Result
1 “I ’Erd Dat!”
2-5 “Wud Yoo Say?”
6. “I’ll Show Yer!”

Choice of warriors
A Goblin warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500 gold crowns which you can use to recruit and equip your warband. The maximum number of warriors in the warband is 20.

Boss: Each Goblin warband must have one Boss: no more, no less!
Shaman: Your warband may include up to one Shaman, however then you can only have one Big ‘Un not two.
Big ’Uns: Your warband may include up to two Big ’Uns, unless you have a Shaman.
Sneaky Gits: Your warband may include up to two Sneaky Gits.
Night Goblins: Your warband may include any number of Night Goblins
Snotlings: Your warband may include any number of Snotlings, though it may not have more than two Snotlings for each Goblin in the warband (including Goblin Heroes).
Cave Squigs: Your warband may include up to five Cave Squigs. You may never have more Cave Squigs in your warband than you have Goblin Warriors.
Fanatics: Your warband may include up to five Fanatics.
Squig Hoppers: Your warband may include up to two Squig Hoppers.

Starting Experience
A Boss starts with 20 Experience.
A Shaman starts with 10 Experience.
Big ’Uns start with 10 Experience.
Sneaky Gits start with 0 Experience.
All Henchmen start with 0 Experience.

Characteristic Increase

Profile------------M---WS--BS---S---T---W----I---A--Ld
Night Goblin-------4----5----5---4----4---2----5---3---7
or
Profile------------M---WS--BS---S---T---W----I---A--Ld
Night Goblin-------4----5----5---4----4---3----6---4---7
or even a mix between

----Combat Shooting Academic Strength Speed Special*not done yet
Boss---*------*---------*---------------*-------*
Shaman-----------------*---------------*--------*
Big 'Un-*-------------------------*---------------*
Sneaky Git-----*-------------------------*-------*

Equipment

The Orc equipment is now the big Uns minus Missile weapons
Goblin one is the goblin one
(Boss and sneaky gits can use the (stolen) dwarven handgun and light armour plus goblin stuff)

Snotlings can use
dagger free/2gc
Club-------3gc
Axe--------5gc
Sling-------5gc

1 Night Goblin Boss
60 gold crowns to hire
Profile---M---WS---BS--S---T--W---I---A---Ld
---------4----4----4---3---3---1---4---1---7

Weapons/Armour: A Goblin Boss may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Night Goblin & Extra equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES
Leader: Any warrior within 6" of the Goblin Boss may use his Leadership characteristic when taking Leadership tests.

0-1 Night Goblin Shaman
30 gold crowns to hire
---------4----2----3---3---3---1---3---1---6

Weapons/Armour: A Night Goblin Shaman may be armed with weapons chosen from the Night Goblin equipment list. A Night Goblin Shaman may never wear armour.

SPECIAL RULES
Wizard: A Night Goblin Shaman is a wizard and uses Little Waaagh! Magic.

0-2 Night Goblin Big ‘Uns
Relatively speaking
30 gold crowns to hire
---------4----3----3---4---3---1---3---1----6

Weapons/Armour: Big ’Uns may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Big ‘Uns equipment list.

0-2 Sneaky Gits
20 gold crowns to hire
---------4----2----3---3---3---1---3---1---6

Weapons/Armour: Sneaky Gits may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Night Goblin & Extra equipment list.

Night Goblin Warriors
15 gold crowns to hire
---------4----2----3---3---3---1---3---1----5

Weapons/Armour: Night Goblins may be armed with weapons and armour chosen from Night Goblin equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES
Animosity: Night Goblins are subject to the rules for Animosity (see Special Rules for details).

0-5 Fanatcis
15 gold crowns to hire

Weapons/Armour: Fanatics may be armed with weapons and armour chosen from Night Goblin equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES
Animosity: Night Goblins are subject to the rules for Animosity (see Special Rules for details).

0-5 Cave Squigs
15 gold crowns to hire
--------2D6---4----0---4---3---1---4---1---5

Weapons and Armour: Big gob and brutality! Cave Squigs never use or need weapons or armour.

SPECIAL RULES
Movement: Cave Squigs do not have a set Movement characteristic but move with an ungainly bouncing stride. To represent this, when moving Squigs, roll 2D6 for the distance they move. Squigs never run and never declare charges. Instead, they are allowed to contact enemy models with their normal 2D6" movement. If this happens, they count as charging for the following round of close combat, just as if they had declared a charge.

Minderz: Each Cave Squig must always remain within 6" of a Goblin Warrior, who keeps the creature in line. If a Cave Squig finds itself without a Goblin within 6" at the start of its Movement phase, it will go wild. From that point on, move the Squig 2D6" in a random direction during each of its Movement phases. If its movement takes it into contact with another model (friend or foe), it will engage the model in hand-to-hand combat as normal. The Cave Squig is out of the Night Goblin player’s control until the end of the game.

Animals: Cave Squigs are animals of a sort and so do not gain experience.

Snotlings
10 gold crowns to hire
---------4----2----2---2---2---1---3---1---10

Weapons/Armour: Snotlings may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Snotling equipment list

SPECIAL RULES
Runts: Snotlings may gain experience but if they happen to roll ‘That Lad’s got talent’ they are immediately killed by their Night Goblin masters for becoming too ‘mouthy’ (remove the Snotling from the roster).

Dumb: Snotlings are too dumb to understand war (or anything else but hitting that person over da ‘ed). Therefore they don’t have to take and Leadership tests.

0-2 Squigs Hoppers
35 gold crowns to hire
--------2D6---4----0---4---3---1---4---1---5

Weapons/Armour: Night Goblins may be armed with weapons and armour chosen from Night Goblin equipment list.

SPECIAL RULES
Movement: Cave Squigs do not have a set Movement characteristic but move with an ungainly bouncing stride even the goblin on top can’t control his squig much. To represent this, when moving Squigs, roll 2D6 for the distance they move. Squigs never run and never declare charges. Instead, they are allowed to contact enemy models with their normal 2D6" movement. If this happens, they count as charging for the following round of close combat, just as if they had declared a charge.

Animals: Cave Squigs are animals of a sort and so do not gain experience, however the Night Gobbo on top does. Every experience booster this unit gets doesn’t count for the squigs.
Squig riding: the squig Counts as a mount for all purposes except if you un-mount you cannot mount for the rest of that battle and the squig acts like a normal squig.

Night Goblin special equipment* All the orc ones plus this one

Dwarven Handgun
20 gold crowns
Availability: Rare 9
Same as a normal handgun except:

SPECIAL RULES
Click, Oops...Boom! : As Night Goblins are not used to using blackpower weapons they are not experts. If you roll a one to hit your Night Goblin Blows up and counts as out of action. Your handgun is destroyed too.

knosstik
05-10-2007, 08:39
No1 Sorry about all the statistics they won't line up even if you put spaces in between-sorted
No2 How many models should the warband have
No3 Are the spells & army fair
*This is just the rough idea, i only did this today

BigRob
06-10-2007, 08:56
Interesting...

Stat wise, I'd stick to whats given, as it will be more balanced, for example, an orc Big'un has +1WS and +1I, so pop that on the common goblin profile, theres a big un. The strength increase doesntmake sense, since goblins are all weak :p To clear up the rule slightly, maybe restrict to just 1 Big'un so you have 1 boss, 1 shamen, 1 big un, 2 sneaky gits?

Equipment wise, why not just use the goblin equipment list for the heroes and goblins, again goblins are weak and dont use double handed weapons. Core infantrys good,so are the squigs. Keep the not "orcs rule" on the squigs but not on the goblins! Maybe drop the fanatic limit to 3, they are not so good in Mordhiem due to the dense terrain. Add Nets to the misc list for a couple of crowns. They are one use only and frankly pants but very night goblin. Nothing too wrong with the hoppers but beware of the terrain, they will crash all over the place. Finally Keep the troll in the warband!

Snotlings should be WS/BS/S/T 1 I2, LD5. They are the weakest most cowardly goblinoids. They should have to make LD tests, should have the "Not Goblins" rule where each snotling only counts as hal a model for warband size and for determining when to rout, should only be allowed daggers and should gain a gang up rule similar to the one they had in WHQ, where for when a mob of snotlings is attacking, you make one attack only but add +1 to hit and wound per snotling.

Magic wise, just use the orc magic, its not overly powerful stuff.
20 models in the bad, like skaven. This list wont be so broken though;)
I dont get the dwarf handgun...its expensive, very very risky and not fluffy...maybe drop it?

Have fun