PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarine Honour Company

Aguirre
05-10-2007, 11:55
During the Eye of Terror campaign it said that the Ultramarine chapter maintains an honour company near the eye. Does it means that the chapter is composed of 10 standard companies plus this one? It seems strange ,since we know that UM stricktly obey to the rules of codex astartes. Or maybe are the members of this company drafted from the ordinary one?
:confused:

Tynesh
05-10-2007, 12:13
An UM Honour Company is comprised of squads drawn from the UM Chapter along with those created during the First Founding. Therefore you will have a bunch of marines from several chapters under the command of a single commander. I doubt it would be full codex size either. It is more a matter of honour (hence the name) than a viable tactical formation.

Leftenant Gashrog
05-10-2007, 12:53
I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be a full sized company, if it wasnt company sized they could have just called it an Honour Guard, hell, i see no reason why it couldnt be larger than a codex company (there are 23 Primogenitor chapters after all)

Lord Damocles
05-10-2007, 20:32
The fluff from EoT said that the Smurfs Honour Copmany is formed from one squad from each company, which are on permanent guard duty around the Eye.

Therefore the Ultramarines have 11 companies, each with 9 squads.

Codex my ****!

icegreentea
06-10-2007, 16:40
i thought the honour company was originally formed by squads drawn from all UM companies and kept a watch on the EoT. Then the nids came and orks went crazy and everything else, and the UM found they couldn't continue doing that, so they extended the duty to a bunch of UM second founding chapters.

SonofUltramar
06-10-2007, 20:36
The fluff from EoT said that the Smurfs Honour Copmany is formed from one squad from each company, which are on permanent guard duty around the Eye.

Therefore the Ultramarines have 11 companies, each with 9 squads.

Codex my ****!

Where does it say that? In the actual background for the campaign published at that time the Honour Company was shown to be a tactical formation drawn from the 1st founding Chapters. At the time of the EoT campaign the Company Commander was from the Ultramarines, IIRC?

Leftenant Gashrog
06-10-2007, 23:38
At the time of the EoT campaign the Company Commander was from the Ultramarines, IIRC?

nope, it was noted that it was unusual for the commander to not be from the Ultramarines, but that it was currently a captain from the Patriarchs of Ulixis

SonofUltramar
07-10-2007, 08:14
nope, it was noted that it was unusual for the commander to not be from the Ultramarines, but that it was currently a captain from the Patriarchs of Ulixis

Well apparantly i didn't recall correctly, thank you for the info:)

Imperialis_Dominatus
07-10-2007, 08:22
Where does it say that? In the actual background for the campaign published at that time the Honour Company was shown to be a tactical formation drawn from the 1st founding Chapters. At the time of the EoT campaign the Company Commander was from the Ultramarines, IIRC?

This unit is best described as a detatchment formed from the other Companies. Just because they fight together doesn't mean the First Company squad isn't from First Company. They retain their Codex formation and the nominal Chapter organization is the same; they just aren't necessarily deployed in that form. Case closed.