PDA

View Full Version : Freeky Dark Elf Fast Cavalry Encounter

kane40k
06-10-2007, 19:58
Okay my last game against dark elves and a fast cavalry unit that i cant remember the name of managed to move dispite the fact that i had just declared firing on them. this put them out of my line of sight. and then the wee buggers turned around next turn and charged my allys elf sword masters. is this allowed
Note this move happened in My sides Shooting Phase, it was not declared as a volentary fall back before like fast cavalry can. is this just a case of an opponent misreading rules for fast cavalry? is it a special rule? or is he just taking advantage of not having his army book?

thnx guys :chrome:

Festus
06-10-2007, 20:13
Hi

The fast cavalry of the DE Army is called Dark Riders.

And no, they can not move during your shooting phase - except to flee because of a failed Panic test for casualties.

Festus

DragonPup
06-10-2007, 20:50
Also, fast cav can not declare a charge in the turn they rally.

T10
06-10-2007, 21:58
... or is he just taking advantage of not having his army book?

The situation you appear to describe is that your opponent decided to suddenly move his unit into an advantageous position. And this apparently happened in your shooting phase.

It may be that I misunderstood this, but it does sound like cheating, or at best some kind of serious misunderstanding.

-T10