PDA

View Full Version : Yo ho ho!

Unseeing Eye
03-09-2005, 22:08
This (http://www.burningseas.com/) is possibly the coolest game I have ever seen. Take a good look around the site. In addition to kickass graphics, it has cool physics, awesome game mechanics, dynamic economy etc. Comes out in a few months.

EDIT: Since this is apparently a paid message, I would like to add a bit more in-depth commentary of my own. The game is certainly very unique and makes an interesting decision to self-publish via Steam in an attempt to avoid pressure from publishers that kills a lot of games. It is by no means perfect, but it combines innovative gameplay, a unique backdrop (at least in the MMO world), what could potentially be very good dynamic end-gameplay and, most importantly, pirates. :skull:

Cade
04-09-2005, 00:34
"This thread comes to you from flyinglab.com"

Advertising is against the rules, *******.

BTW I hope they're paying you well. :rolleyes:

starlight
04-09-2005, 00:40
:wtf: ^ So is this sort of behaviour. :rolleyes:

When someone does something wrong, there are so many better ways to deal with it than name-calling. :eyebrows:

Leadership by example.

Unseeing Eye
04-09-2005, 02:08

I have been with this forum since Portent and am an active member of the community. I simply thought the game was pretty cool. Consider yourself reported.

EDIT: I would like to clarify my intentions with this thread. The original post was written pretty late and night and, I admit, it does look like I was reading right out an information brochure. I apologize for that, it was a very poorly written post, I was just trying to get it out there before I went to bed.

The game strikes me as having great potential. Due to the fact it is being self-published, the developers seem to have a lot of freedom in their game design and have made something a bit outlandish. Through its originality, it may overcome a great number of flaws in present MMOs, though that is yet to be seem. Its not going for mainstream appeal, but is pushing MMO graphics, and attempting to implement tactical, intelligent gameplay (as opposed to click on monster and wait for auto-attack). I'm also fond of the background and the way the game tackles PvP.

I haven't been with Portent/Warseer forever, probably a bit under 2 years. But I endeavour to bring a thoughtful opinion to the community. I do realize the original post here is pretty poorly-written, but the fact that I am labelled as some sort of ad-bot as a result of one poorly written post hurts me. Truth be told, it is the single most offensive thing I have ever read on these boards, that I've been making up all my posts in a grand leadup to pump out ads.

P.S. Send PM for cheap toner cartridges and low interest loans. :p

Makaber
04-09-2005, 03:30
Well, it's pretty common knowledge that Cade is arrogant. Don't let it get to you.

starlight
04-09-2005, 03:33
and low interest loans.

Man, can I use some of those, quick hook me up! :D

:rolleyes:

Brimstone
04-09-2005, 08:38

Cade,

In future please try and engage your brain before you type anything. If it's against the rules report it rather than insulting people.

This is a warning, future behaviour like this will earn you a strike and you know the rest.

Gavmo
06-09-2005, 06:45
Yarr! I do be lovin ships an stuff!

It looks cool. The ruthless Spanish, the tough Pomms and the dirty Frogs. What more could you want?
I'd like to see a Warseer guild in the game. That way we can start as a powerful conglomarate and not get our arses handed to us by powergamers.

YARRRR!!!!!

Freak Ona Leash
06-09-2005, 12:12
^ Im with Gavmo. Warseer guild shall own this game. :D

Gavmo
07-09-2005, 09:37
How could we not? I'm a pirate in real life.

YYYAAAAARRR!!!!!!

Gobbas
07-09-2005, 11:21
^ *calls the whitecoats*

Did not spend alot of time browsing the site (thought it was kind of annoying in its structure) but from what I could gather it is not only ships but also land stuff right?
and do you work with others on a ship or does every player control one?

if all crewmembers are players then this game is a buy for me.