PDA

View Full Version : Eltharion: playable at 2500?

samw
03-09-2005, 23:08
Characters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eltharion 255pts (Lord)

Base: Light Armour; White Sword of Hoeth
Options: none

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commander 145pts (Hero)

Base: none
Options: Battle Standard Bearer; Sword of Might; Armour of the Gods

Mage 165pts (Hero)

Options: Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll (x1); Jewel of Dusk

Mage 180pts (Hero)

Options: Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll (x2); Silver Wand

Units

5 x Silver Helms 115pts (Core)

Base: Lances; Barded Steed
Options: Heavy Armour; Shield

20 x Swordmasters 340pts (Special)

Base: Two Handed Sword; Heavy Armour
Options: Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer; Banner of Sorcery

20 x Swordmasters 290pts (Special)

Options: Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer

20 x Swordmasters 290pts (Special)

Options: Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer

1 x Tiranoc Chariot 85pts (0.5Special)

Base: 2 Crew with Hand Weapon, Spear, bow;

1 x Tiranoc Chariot 85pts (0.5Special)

Base: 2 Crew with Hand Weapon, Spear, bow;

1 x Great Eagles 50pts (0.5Rare)

Base: Talons

1 x Great Eagles 50pts (0.5Rare)

Base: Talons

1 x Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts (0.5Rare)

Base: 2 Crew with hand weapons and light armour

1 x Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts (0.5Rare)

Base: 2 Crew with hand weapons and light armour

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2480pts
8-10 pd
4 dd +3 scrolls

So what d'ya think? Where should I spend the last 20 points? I love the concept (and rules) of Eltharion in his later incarnation, and the thought of a seer council doesn't appeal. The idea of rank upon rank of disciplined warriors is what I think of when I think High Elves, and I hope this force is to a degree combined arms. I've got shooting and supportive magicks, but ultimately battles will be decided at the end of a very long and pointy sword. Which is how it should be. Anyway, rip it to shreds tactically, but don't deny you'd love to see it on the field ;)

BTW, for those of you aren't sure, the rules for the coolest High Elf alive are here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/highelves/special-characters/6/)

shadowprince
03-09-2005, 23:46
Maby drop the BsB for another mage and u need some screening units.

Eldacar
04-09-2005, 02:28
Characters

Eltharion: Fine.

BSB: Fine.

Mage: I'd give him Annulian Crystal and Channeler. You don't seem to be making a magic-heavy list, so keep as much defence as possible.

Mage: Fine.

Core

Fine. I'd prefer some Spearelves in there as an MBU, since you're playing a balanced army, but personal preference.

Special

Okay, here's where you run into problems. You have three units of T3 5+ AS Swordmasters. Such units are huge, unwieldy, too expensive, and die easily to boot. Swordmasters and other elite infantry units work best in units of 12-14 as elite flanking units, not as an MBU. My suggestion would be to drop one unit entirely for some Spearelves, and drop the other two down to 12-14, get another unit of Spearelves, and use any leftover points to get yourself another chariot or perhaps two.

Rare

Fine.

shadowprince
04-09-2005, 08:00
yay bout three groups of 14 but i would like to see some screen units and another bolt thrower.

DARKsoulx
04-09-2005, 08:14
swordmasters suck compared to spearelfs. most been said by eldacar, funny how he beats me o the first post all the time.