PDA

View Full Version : verdant heart and Wood Elves

07-10-2007, 06:04
verdant heart can turn woods into very difficult terrain and Wood Elves treat woods as open terrain. Which one has presidance.

I would imagine WE would still treat the woods as open terrain. but one can argue that it becomes very difficult terrain thus overideing it being a woods.

Festus
07-10-2007, 07:19
Hi

Noone takes precedence: both apply.

Festus

07-10-2007, 15:08
so then do the WE charging the damsel go through woods or do they go through Very difficult...make s a huge differance

Atrahasis
07-10-2007, 15:58
Wood Elves ignore movement penalties for being in woods.

Whether that wood is difficult or very difficult terrain is irrelevant.

T10
07-10-2007, 17:06
Also note that woods remain impassable terrain for flying Wod Elf models. "Impassable" isn't a movement penalty - it's a movement restriction.

-T10

theunwantedbeing
07-10-2007, 18:31
T10 in the rule that allows wood elves to move through wooded terrain without penalty it clearly clarifies that those using flying movement dont get the bonus.

Flying wood elf models are free to move through wooded area's as are normal flying models.
So long as they are using their ground movement.

Atrahasis
07-10-2007, 21:37
Also note that woods remain impassable terrain for flying Wod Elf models.

Flying wood elf models are free to move through wooded area's as are normal flying models.
T10's post does not say that they can't. Note that he specifies "flying Wood Elf models" and not "Wood Elf flyers".

theunwantedbeing
07-10-2007, 22:03
If I can read "flying wood elf model" as a wood elf model that can fly as opposed to a wood elf model that is in flight.
So can plenty of other people.

Hence the statement was not crystal clear and needed to be made crystal clear.
Which is what the point of my post was.