PDA

View Full Version : firt o&g army 2000

Nemesis7884
07-10-2007, 07:58
have the german army book, so the translations for the magic items might not be correct all the time... i also like armys that are "background" reasonable to some degree...(characters always have max. armor) should be a heavy close combat army

black orc whaagboss with axe of the last waaagh (+1str/+1a per rank)

black orc boss on boar with porkaz spear (+1 att per en. rank)

black orc boss with army standard and banner of mork

night goblin shaman with dispel scroll and aaagh mushrooms ( for fanatics)

20 big uns with commando and second spalta
they carry nogs banner (+1 att. once per game)

20 orcs with commando and shield (waaaghboss and battle standard in here)

20 night golins with commando and 3 fanatics (would like to make this unit larger or add a second unit but no points...)

20 black orcs with commando

10 boar boy big uns with commando
carrying gorks waaagh banner (+6 inch attack)

1 boar chariot

as said, like to add more gobos, but don't know where to take the points... also have some concerns with the background anyway if i only have one unit of gobos in a large orc army...

AdamAtCollege
07-10-2007, 08:27
You've got the unit of goblins and a goblin shaman. Maybe dress them up somehow like Orcs, like they're either following and trying to make a good impression or something.

Your army is pretty... blocky. Four big blocks of units. If you end up taking out the goblins, maybe try something that the orcs could tame, like trolls? That would give your army a smaller unit of hard hitters.

Nemesis7884
07-10-2007, 08:47
i am thinking about either

if i take out the gobs, i need another core choice...3 orc units is too boring, maybe savage....or?? then i could make the orc unit a bit bigger and add another chariot

or

making the big'un boys to normal ones and adding another unit of night gobos or making the one i have 30+ models (i am thinking anyway, using normal gobo models instead of the night gobline ones for the theme sake)

bigbear bailey
07-10-2007, 09:05
Invalid LIST!!!! You can not have big uns UNLESS you have another unit of the same type that are regular boys...

Nemesis7884
07-10-2007, 09:26
not true, it says different in my book:

maximum one unit of orc boarb boyz in the army maybe be upgraded to big ones

Urgat
07-10-2007, 10:19
Invalid LIST!!!! You can not have big uns UNLESS you have another unit of the same type that are regular boys...

That rule is gone with the last army book, and you can have a unit of big'un per type of orc( on foot/mounted/regular/savage orcs, so 4 units max), not just one per army.

bigbear bailey
07-10-2007, 12:07
Wow, well played as I am deployed and I have to wait on the army book...

Tueshay...

Nemesis7884
07-10-2007, 16:23
any comments on the army tough?

Urgat
07-10-2007, 22:48
Well, don't have much to say since I'm more of a goblin player than orcs. Anyway, that's not a list I'd do, with a mixed (non themed) army; first of all, I'd never go out without two units of wolves at least (they're priceless for marching interdiction, warmachine hunting and, my favourite and, actually, what I really only use them for: charge redirection for nasty units).
Then I wouldn't pack up so much on elite units (big'uns, BO, boars?), imho you need the cheaper, easy to sacrify units for flanking and stuff.
Quite frankly, the mushroom sucks, too. It's only a sure thing when yu're using the fanatic catapult technic (and many people would frown at that), otherwise, its usefulness is doubtful, since you hardly ever get fanatics to hit anything on the turn they get out, and, anyway, the reroll isn't worth the point. Really too random. I also don't like the axe of the last waaagh; units with the general tend to be missile magnets, and when you lose ranks, your weapons turns into an overpriced weapon that does nothing.
Anyway, not enough units mean you will get outmanoeuvered all the time, which is bad.
But that's only my opinion anyway, I've never been an "all elite" person to begin with.

Well, there you go

Nemesis7884
08-10-2007, 12:51
thanks a lot you have some good points…

well, a themed army doesn’t necessarily mean it all has to be orks… you will often find goblins fighting within the ranks of an orc army… and an all orc army might be too boring…I could replace the night gobos for savage orcs for some flavour, but so's don't fit into a "normal" orc army that good either… I think normal goblins would fit into an o&g better then the night goblins… but I would have to take more, ore at least 2 units to make it look realistic… the idea could be that the orcs use a large unit of gobos as a "shield" against enemy fire…
I will definitely rethink your points, maybe exchanging the nightgobos + fanatic for normal gobos + wolf riders, or only wolf riders (but then its not that realistig anymore again, just one unit of gobos in a major orc army…)

Nemesis7884
08-10-2007, 13:56
by the way, are there anywhere different good o&g army templates for 2k points?

Nemesis7884
08-10-2007, 17:36
with some minor changes (just 2 fanatics, orc instead of bo bsb) i can up the ngbos to 25 and orcs to 24 models...

what about replacing the ngobs for a giant?

that way, it is more a theme based army, and the giant will take all the shooting...

i think i'll go for that and a nightgoblins-only army...?!

AdamAtCollege
08-10-2007, 18:09
Yeah, you don't have any rare units. Either a giant or a squad of trolls would do well. The giant's got 6 wounds for 205 points, three trolls would have 9 wounds for less points (what, 160/180? I forget). The giant has cool attacks, but mine usually gets shot down before he reaches anyone (his 0 armor save suuuuucks). So, I'd go with trolls. The opponent doesn't realize how solid they are until they're vomiting all over his units and destroying them. That's just me.

Nemesis7884
08-10-2007, 18:39
the only thing that concerns me is the weaponskill of 3 with trolls...that kind of sucks...?!

and the giant just looks great...

if the giant takes all the shooting, this would make sure my boys get into battle...

damn, just realised, if i replace the gobs i dont have 3 core units...

Nemesis7884
14-10-2007, 11:30
thx for all your recommendations, i tried to incorporate most of what i've read

here's the result

characters

bo waaagh boss
heavy armor, shield
akritz axe, best boss at, steel stompa 239

bo boss
heavy armor, shield
kurlags blade 106

bo boss