Marauder Horsemen X 6
-flail
-musician
+96
=================================
TOTAL:1001pts

jma037
04-09-2005, 05:00
Should I stick the Bray-Sharman into the regular marauders as a combat character?
How do you think it will fare in combat?

Also, just to clearify. You can still cast magic while in combat right?
I'm thinking of sticking the bray sharman into the corner of the marauders and have it cast to one side(for LOS).

Cheers.

jma037
04-09-2005, 10:59
Ops,

Just found out that you can't have the Bray Sharman in the marauder unit.

Anyway, please comment on the Norse Marauders. I never used that unit before. Is the unit too small? Do I need the full command?

Cheers.

Hrath Dreadaxe
04-09-2005, 11:59
I would drop the chosen on the knights, it sucks to meny points into one unit in such a small game, your lord will be better suited to useing a great wep then SOM and with a 1-2 up As you dont need AOD, your best bet with the bray is to run him into a woods that isnt occupied and leave him there 6 hounds in a unit would do fine, the norse marauders with great weapons, what do you intend on useing them as, if you want to use them as a flanking unit drop command and maybe drop them to just 10 if you want to use them as a block on there own they rearly need more in the unit and they must get the charge so give them a unit of hounds to divert charges and such anouther unit of marauder horsemen would be useful and you really only need 5 in a unit IMO :)

jma037
05-09-2005, 02:01
I was hoping that the knights can kill anything that it rams into in a 1000pts game. If I drop the chosen and weaken the champ, can they still do that?

I suppose I can get some points by droping th champ to aspiring, and drop the chosen and AOD. Drop one hound and one horsemen.

What should I do with the extra point?

I was thinking of using the Norse Marauders as another block unit. Are they too small? Otherwise. I was hoping to use the Norse as a missile magnet. So my opponet will shot at that scary frenzy GW unit and leave my knights along(screened by hounds). When the Norse get close, You only need 5 of them to kill a whole lot of things. Maybe with a flank charge with the horsemen, break some units too.

Do I need at least two block units in a 1000pts game?

Comments, Ideas, Suggestions, Land Claims.

Cheers!

jma037
05-09-2005, 03:47
Quick calculation.

if I change the scary knight unit into aspiring champ, GW, sheild, horse and not chosen knight. And then drop a hound, a horsemen.

I can get a extra 5 men horsemen with flail.
AND
Bump the Norse Marauder to 20.

Do I need the Norse at 20?
Did I weaken the knight unit so much that it's now useless at what it does? I was hoping to ram that into the flank of things that are engaged by the marauders.

This config will give me two block infantry, and three flanking cav units. And a screening dog unit.

Could this list work? Or did I weaken it too much for 1000pts.

Comments, ideas, suggestions please

Cheers.

User Name
05-09-2005, 05:57
4 chosen knights can still break a knight just drop the stick so they dont give away too many VP's just over 200 and can destroy most things. You could get a beastherd for the shaman, who should have a braystaff.

jma037
05-09-2005, 07:02
I'm not really familiar with the deasts of chaos. If I want just small beastherd unit for the sharman, maybe to stick in a forest or somthing, what should I get?

Are you saying that I should get four chosen knights without the standard?

Cheers.

jma037
05-09-2005, 07:53
New Modified List.
-The dogs will divert charge and screen for the Norse Marauders.
-The other dog unit will screen the knights.
-The bray-sharmen and the beastherd will get through forests, flank charge and hunt warmachines.
-Gaze of god added for extra bit of protection and flavour.

Tactics.
-Have the battle line hold by the marauders units.
-have the knights and horsemen come in at one flank.
-one unit of horsemen can be used for war machine hunting.

Questions:
-Have I weakened the knights too much?
-Do I have too many points in the Norse Marauders?
-Is the beastherd unit any use? Is it too weak to do anything? I just want to get the braysharmen into combat. If he's just a scroll caddi , it's kind of a waste.

Comments, Ideas, Suggestions please.
Cheers.

===============================
Aspiring Champ
-Gaze of the Gods
-GreatWeapon
-Shield
-Barded steed
+132

Chaos Knights X4
-Champion
-Musician