PDA

View Full Version : Shas' o R'myr

Malant
08-10-2007, 04:16
Short and sweet is he any good? Are there guides to assembling him? Whats his model like? Why am i asking these Q's well i have one on the way and i would like to know more about him, any gaming experiance with him?

Thanks as always,
Malant

digitaldepth
08-10-2007, 05:04
Shaso R'Myr's Stats are located in Imperial Armor Volume 3 The Taros Campaign (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm3.htm) pg 174.

I usually use him as a "counts as" TAU Commander w/twinlinked plasma rifle and Shield Generator. The model is outstanding.

I used him once in a large battle in which Forge World was allowed. His special wargear makes him pretty formidable (for Tau Characters). With his special armor and shield gen expect him to have some staying power. His Flachette Launchers work well to deter basic infantry from assaulting him. As far as assembly goes READ the BOOKLET he is no more difficult to assemble than other crisis suits its just that he is a resin model and special care is to be taken if you want it to stay put together. Forge World has some great tips for building their kits as seen here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resinmodels.htm).

Malant
08-10-2007, 15:11
i went on eBay and saw the packge R'myr came in and was a little surprised to see the crisis Back sprue i thought he was an entire resin model not only part resin like a conversion kit. How does this work out?

Kriegsherr
08-10-2007, 15:35
My current Tau Commander is a mix of Shas'o Ryr'mir and the tau suit with smart missiles from FW... especially the ability to mix and match the Tau Suits from FW is nice if you have the cash for such stuff.

The kit is quite nice, with the normal Exception that FW Kits always can have excessive amount of warping, airholes, flash and very bad Mold lines. Be prepared to do massive amount of post-assembling greenstuffing to fill all the holes or strengthen the areas where the resin got too thin, and you get a very nice looking, very detailed Tau-suit clearly superior to the blocky GW ones.

The only plastic parts that I know are the back with the jump packs and the special accessories you might want to add like multi-tracker and such. Apart from that everything is resin

Malant
08-10-2007, 15:38
oh lovely...im awful at green stuffing...

Dio´Ra
08-10-2007, 16:32
oh lovely...im awful at green stuffing...

dont give up hope so soon, it may sound scary but it is easy and only the unfortunate get really bad kits.....

as a FW junkie i say buy him of ebay when hes cheaper and a perfect cast, if not then just buy him off FW as when he turns out bad you can allways send him back and get a new one :)

Malant
08-10-2007, 16:34
lol sending him back if hes a dud. meh waiting another 3 weeks for him to arrive and getting another dud would be rather unfortunate. lol
Malant

Stella Cadente
08-10-2007, 17:13
People make FW models sound so bad "full of holes, excessive warping, huge mold lines" poppycock I say, not a single model I have ever ordered has been on the scale people claim, don't worry about it, you only get drastic mistakes on really large models

Malant
08-10-2007, 17:29
Just wondering does any one have any pictures of there R'myr so i can see some views of him?

Malant

Kegluneq
08-10-2007, 19:43
Just wondering does any one have any pictures of there R'myr so i can see some views of him?

Malant
Forgeworld pics are here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/rmyr.htm).

Ruleswise he is a bit of a beast, with an awesome Shield Generator and a 4+ chance of autowounding any model attacking him in combat (now there's some equipment for the next Codex...). And as other people have said, proxying him for another Commander works fine as well.

BigBadBull
08-10-2007, 20:19
I have one finished , the only problems I have had with all the FW Tau suits, are :
1. some times in shipping the bitz break off the sprews and leave a little bit on the sprue which you have to fix.
2. The plastic GW orginal Sprues that come with them , I would say about 50% of the ones I have recieved ( I have 7 of the XV-8x suits and R'myr) have the rear jet pack parts warped, but you can heat them up a bit and they bend back in to place, or use gap filling glue and sand it down before priming.

I see if I can put some picts up later on tonight.

boogle
08-10-2007, 20:22
He's cool, a very nice model to boot, he's well worth getting, however to use him properly requires a good £55 to get the book as well, so i would have a good think about using him as is, and honestly would just use him as others have said as a Standard Shas'O until you feel you have to have the book

Glavemaster
08-10-2007, 20:54
That model has to be the most beautiful blue-skinned, armoured and hoofed guy I've seen in my life.

Malant
08-11-2007, 02:22
I finally got the model and now hes done and painted so i might be posting pics soon sorry to revive this thread if it was dead.

as always
-Malant

Malant
08-11-2007, 03:03
Now i know im not that good of a painter but this is my fist try at painting anythin tau so here we go this is My Shas'O R'myr
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/Malant1/IMG_1580.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/Malant1/IMG_1582.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/Malant1/IMG_1567.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/Malant1/IMG_1581.jpg
there he is he isnt that good and i feel bad for using him as the first tau thing i painted...such a beautiful model oie oh well

as always
-Malant

(p.s sorry for double posting...)

Bregalad
08-11-2007, 11:03
Nice looking model, better than GW ones, fully posable. You just need to get along with Resin (cleaning, glueing, ...).
I use him with standard rules, giving him the Tau Commander weapon bits and ignoring that he is wearing a shield. The Rym configuration is not so good.

Malant
08-11-2007, 12:21
the only bad thing id like to say about the model is the joint pieces on te arms and legs

everyone knows that crisis suit feet are the most likely to break, this model is no exception and the piece that joins the lower arm to the upper arm is also quite fragile the model i got was nice. with the exception of the arms both breaking and now have to be pinned (how is this done are there tutorials)

as always
-Malant

Stella Cadente
08-11-2007, 12:22
Now i know im not that good of a painter
*Slaps you VERY hard then proceeds to shake you* not a good painter?, NOT GOOD?!?! *continues shaking*

Malant
08-11-2007, 12:27
I'm not and it was only my first try ive done many better models then him and he was that good lol

-Malant

Askari
08-11-2007, 13:11
Though it may not win a Golden Demon award, that is still a finely painted model Malant =)

Malant
09-11-2007, 01:51
Thanks guys for the help

-Malant

The Orange
09-11-2007, 04:58
Model looks great, though some of the high lights look to thick in some areas. Trust me I've seen worse (and mine probably will too :p).

don't worry about it, you only get drastic mistakes on really large models
Had a Tau tank commander that was horribly aligned (a whole mm off). If you could call it a mold line, it would be the grand daddy of them all. Thankfully FW replaced it for me. Should have taken a pic.

God I got to get IA3 :cries:. But I'm such a cheap skate :evilgrin:.

Malant
09-11-2007, 14:41
I know and at 110$ a book i dont think i could do it either...lol, wow a whole mm thats bad, im alot better at painting tyranids but this was my first time trying out tau so i expecterd it to be bad

-Malant