PDA

View Full Version : harlequin solitaire

00mrfish00
08-10-2007, 15:33
Has anyone got any good model ideas for an eldar solitaire. Also, anyone got any rules ideas for the solitaire. Personally I think they should be able to slap a phoenix lord down without too much trouble.
(I've seen the old model and it sucks so don't suggest that plz.)

MrBigMr
08-10-2007, 16:02
I had the idea of using Kroot Master Shaper. He can have minor psychic powers (if you want them) and with some nice upgrades (fleet, 4+ Inv., shuriken weapons, power weapons, etc.), he should fill in the slot.

Ashnari Doomsong
08-10-2007, 18:22
There are the Solitaire rules in the semi-official list at GW's site. As for 'slapping a Phoenix Lord', that is, to be blunt, just silly.

Progena
08-10-2007, 18:30
Perhaps some interesting models that could fit will be released with the Daemon Codex. A Herald of Slaanesh sort of model could perhaps prove to be a good base for conversions? That would of course require a lot of waiting.

Crazy Tom
08-10-2007, 18:53
I thought the Harlequin Solitaires used to be one of the most powerful characters in WH40K, capable of going toe-to-toe with Greater Daemons... sure I read that here, anyways.

00mrfish00
08-10-2007, 19:12
Yeah that's what I thought

studderigdave
08-10-2007, 19:22
after long discussions within my gaming group, we have come to the conclusion that no model in the eldar 40k line does the solitare justice rules wise.

one guy suggested something along the lines of a eversor assassin with the "souless" ability as well as hit and run and maybe something else. he is supposed to be an utter monster in CC.

carl
08-10-2007, 19:29
A solitare is, (in power terms), to a normal eldar what an evesor assasin is to a normal human, (and since their miles better WITHOUT combat drugs than a SM or Eldar Pirate prince in the ][ system, (which is 95% fluff driven in stats terms and the evessor is specificlly stated as being true to fluff, same with SM's), you can figure out where the solitare would be).

IJW
08-10-2007, 19:34
Ruleswise, Jain Zar fits fairly well both in abilities and in power level. About the only difference would be to add a force weapon or Rending if you were really insistent on a Solitaire being better than a Phoenix Lord, which isn't really supported by fluff or by previous editions.

By the way, mrfish - which old model did you dislike? There were four of them...

TheMartyr451
09-10-2007, 04:44
I haven't read the Eldar Codex, but GW got rid of the Solitaire???

carl
09-10-2007, 06:58
Yep, they did:(.

MadDoc
09-10-2007, 09:37

No, they just aren't an option in the Harlequin squad (they haven't been removed from the background) that is in the Codex, which considering the Solitaire always operates independently isn't really surprising. Also the fact that Solitaires soullessness has a tendency to make other Eldar wig out would mean CWE (wouldn't be surprised to see the Solitaire make a reappearance in the Dark Eldar list though) might be a little reticent to fight alongside them (to be honest I think their absence has more to do with there not being a reasonable (read: balanced) set of rules worked out for them - their old rules were insane :eek:).

Bregalad
09-10-2007, 22:22
I haven't read the Eldar Codex, but GW got rid of the Solitaire???

No, they didn't. In fact they ADDED most other Harlequins to the list, just have a look at the 3rd edition Eldar Codex with NO Harlequin in it.
Adding just ONE squad entry of Harlequins, there was no place for a character acting "solitairily", like you can't have a squad of Inquisition Guard and upgrade one of them to an Eversor.
The new Codex brought Harlequins back to standard Eldar lists, and many GT list now include them.

Alessander
10-10-2007, 02:56
Rumors that the Harlequin options for the Dark Eldar will include the Solitaire instead of the Shadowseer or Death Jester

carl
10-10-2007, 08:21
No, they just aren't an option in the Harlequin squad

Which is what I thought he was asking.

Their still their in the background, but their are no rules for them.

The_Outsider
10-10-2007, 08:32
What about using a DE Archon/Archite?

They have the base profile that fits, they can be given suitable wargeat (agoniser for one) though you will coem a tad unstuck when it comes to their soulles qualities.

Crucible of maledictum and a hell mask are good things to start with.

LexxBomb
10-10-2007, 13:07
oh i miss the 10 attacks with power weapon or harlequin kiss