PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Servants of the Ruinous Powers

StefDa
08-10-2007, 19:46
A new Chaos Warband, based on the Hordes of Chaos supplement for Warhammer Fantasy.

Check it out for me, say what you think. I have discussed it with a veteran Mordheim player, and he so far thinks it it okay.

I'll test it tomorrow.

Please, respond to it :) I'll check back in an hour or so.

StefDa
08-10-2007, 20:03
Corrections:
Normal Marauders should only have S3.
Bloodletters count as using a Halberd (to represent the models, and set them apart from the Plaguebearers).

mistformsquirrel
09-10-2007, 04:57
Ok, I'm a newbie at this - so take my opinions with big giant handfuls of salt ok? >.<;

First - I think this is a great idea. This is the warband I *want* to be running. Possessed were chosen mostly because they are the Chaos warband, well, and I don't like Nurgle much so the Carnival was pretty much out of it for choices.

Second -

I noticed you didn't include wounds for the Sorcerer or Aspiring Champion. Assuming that's just an accident though.

Ok, first thing I question is this:

Chaos Warriors are VERY good - yet only cost 50gc. While I admit, 50 is alot for a single henchmen, they come with Heavy Armor (which by itself costs 50 often times); and have pretty awesome stats.

To give you an idea - a Brethren from the Possessed warband with an Axe and Heavy Armor costs 80gc, and has 3s across the board for stats. A Chaos Warrior would have 4s across the board, and cost only 55gc with that set up.

>.<;

So I recommend increasing the price on them, maybe up to 65gc? Obviously since the warband lacks shooting, I think having Chaos warriors is a cool advantage, but right now they just strike me a little too cheap.

Really thats the only thing I feel fit to comment on >.< and I may be wrong in that even.

StefDa
09-10-2007, 06:59
After I discussed things over with the veteran after the first set of "errata", we agreed that Warriors should 60-65 gc, and I have tried making a warband with 60-gc Warriors, that's as perfect I would like it (good, though not too perfect).

What do you think about this warband I've written with the above erratum?

Aspiring Champion
Mark of Khorne, sword, mace

3 Warriors
1 with sword and mace
1 with two axes
1 with a halberd

Daemonic Herald

Bloodletter

Total gold crowns: 494

BigRob
09-10-2007, 10:17
Looks a little like the Original Choas Warband from the trial rules plublished ion White Dwarf.

Possible ideas:
Swop the chieftans for the Chaos Warriors in the heroes section. The Marauders are on the path to warriorhood while the warriors are the Elite foot troops of chaos. Therefore Chaos Warriors become 0-2 Hero choice and Marauders become the staple henchmen?

As mentioned above Heavy Armour (while basically pants) costs 50GC. Either reflect that in the cost, take it away or give it as a discount for starting warband only. If Chaos Warriors are Hero, then its cool to give it as an option for say 25GC for all heroes, then full price later.

Deamons.. Looks like your using the carnival rules for plaguebearers :)
Bloodletters, maybe the deamon soul mutation, Hellblades (halberd), Frenzy.
Deamonettes, Claws (like the parry/-1AS), Sprint skill to represent speed? Musk of Slaneesh (models in base to base suffer -1WS?)
Horrors... Why not let the horror have a random lesser magic/choas spell? The have to cast it as normal? Might be fun. Otherwise go with the fire spell.
Make the Deamons a little better, due to the risk of loosing them, o-1 restriction etc

My thoughts

StefDa
09-10-2007, 10:30
Possible ideas:
Swop the chieftans for the Chaos Warriors in the heroes section. The Marauders are on the path to warriorhood while the warriors are the Elite foot troops of chaos. Therefore Chaos Warriors become 0-2 Hero choice and Marauders become the staple henchmen?

Have done :) Only they're 0-3 - there's a reason for including them :)

As mentioned above Heavy Armour (while basically pants) costs 50GC. Either reflect that in the cost, take it away or give it as a discount for starting warband only. If Chaos Warriors are Hero, then its cool to give it as an option for say 25GC for all heroes, then full price later.

By the way, we've changed the cost of Warriors to gc.
I want them to start with heavy armour for the following reasons:
The models come with them, and I really like the models. I have using a model with some gear that they clearly haven't got. I don't mind such as my Pestigor (Bestigor in my B-Men band) carrying a large axe, when I've really given him an axe and a mace. But heavy armour on a naked model? that's a no-no. ^^
In every other Fantasy-setting game, they come with it from the go. So why not here? I'd like to be the "edge" Chaos has, even if it's not a very "powerful" edge, as armour generally doesn't mean much.