PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion Question

Wraithseer
09-10-2007, 11:45
Ok I am planing on playing with the new daemon codex when it comes out, I have a Forgeworld keeper of secrets, a 'bunch' of daemonettes and ten mounted daemonettes. I don't want to use the new plastic daemonettes in the army, my question is how many daemonnetes do you think I will need to get in order to never have to get any of the new plastic ones? 30-40-50-100?

Weiss
09-10-2007, 11:47
Depends on the scale of the army you want to take... According to a GW manager, the old ones will be available from mail order for about a year after the new release...

Wraithseer
09-10-2007, 11:51
2000-3000 the keeper is 666 points on her own+any new daemon engines. I have no idea just how many troops I need. and who knows about new fiends or other daemons. I have some daemonettes, I wont say how many, I just want to know if i have enough?

Weiss
09-10-2007, 11:57
Go for about sixty then, in my opinion, though you may wish to wait for someone with more chaos experience posts...

It's a bit unsure until we know how much they are going to cost...

TzeentchForPresident
09-10-2007, 12:27
Ok I am planing on playing with the new daemon codex when it comes out, I have a Forgeworld keeper of secrets, a 'bunch' of daemonettes and ten mounted daemonettes. I don't want to use the new plastic daemonettes in the army, my question is how many daemonnetes do you think I will need to get in order to never have to get any of the new plastic ones? 30-40-50-100?

I think you are a bit too brave or rich for your own good, considering to buy loads of miniatures that you donīt know the coming rules for. What made Daemonettes so good in 3.5 was their rending ability. If that is taken away you have bought an army that will have an incredible hard time to win any game.

If money isnīt a problem (deep envy) go for 36 and hope that Slaanesh bless you with some luck. If you buy 100 and it turns out that the coming codex isnīt a codex for a pure daemon army but just a codex that allows you to include daemons you are kinda ripped off. And some stores might sell outdated models cheap, another reason why not buy too many now.

Wraithseer
09-10-2007, 12:37
Money is not an issue, so far i have 60 unmounted daemonettes, I think 80 would be as many as I could ever see getting any time soon. I just want some kind of consensus that 60 is already extravagant and that I wont need any more.
how many daemons are usually In a fantasy daemonic army?

TzeentchForPresident
09-10-2007, 16:38
Money is not an issue, so far i have 60 unmounted daemonettes, I think 80 would be as many as I could ever see getting any time soon. I just want some kind of consensus that 60 is already extravagant and that I wont need any more.
how many daemons are usually In a fantasy daemonic army?

You ask for the impossible since the Characters are so expensive in that army list. Go character heavy and you will have a very small 2000 pts army.

If you scroll down in this page http://www1.thedaemoniclegion.com/featuredarmies.htm

You will see a 2250 pts Khorne Daemonic Legion that is as character light and thus as big as that army can get.

boogle
09-10-2007, 18:51
i'm imagining they will be in units of 6-18 (mulitples of the sacred number), so i would go with 6 units of 12, if they add something else Slaaneshi in there as a troops choice then you can always take a squad or 2 out and add to them, giving 4 units of 18

Wraithseer
09-10-2007, 21:06
hmmm so 72 you say. so twelve more, something to think about I suppose.