PDA

View Full Version : CHAOS TROLLS led by Wargor?

Mata
04-09-2005, 15:23
What do you think of wargor leading the unit of 3 trolls in mainly of mortals constituted Slaanesh army (led by Chaos Lord)???
It looks like this:

Wargor @ 132 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Shield; Chaos Armour; The Dark Heart; Scimitar of Skultar
3 Chaos Trolls @ 165 Pts

Anyone knows better equpment combo to help the cause? They'll probably be in 2 turns (at least) away from the reach of the general's leadership, so the wargor is neccesary. Please give me your opinion, thanks.

Makaber
04-09-2005, 15:28
Personally I'd never have a character in a troll unit. The Wargor is only Ld7, which is far, far too little to reliably babysit the trolls. Instead, use them in tandem with another unit with the general in (chaos warriors would be idea), so they benefit from the generals leadership, yet don't drag him with them if they screw up.

User Name
05-09-2005, 05:23
Trolls need to be babysat by mortal charicters to be effictive. Not to mention the wargor is easy pickings to shoot and slows the unit down.

Couldnt a mortal hero(use the new warauder ones in the WD to save points) be put in with the trolls or minos as an alternitive.

Do they count as beasts or BoC? I can never remember.

Mata
05-09-2005, 20:01
Does anyone knows is it legal to put mortal to babysit trolls.
By the way I plan to play with fast general, and babysiting is imperative in my army.

Hywel
06-09-2005, 23:46
Only beasts characters can join beast units, and characters are more useful for adding killing power to your herds.

If you're playing Slaanesh, you have Luxurious Torment and Delicious Excruciation (frenzy and unbreakable respectively) - both of these will make trolls immune to psychology and thus stupidity. Thats the first time I've thought of that, I'm amazed at my deviousness.

MarcoPollo
07-09-2005, 01:56
The only place I would put these trolls is within the general's ld and use them to beat up on expensive cavalry.

However, I believe that trolls are not necessarily "beast" units and thus can be lead/babysat by a mortal character.

Mata
07-09-2005, 08:46
Thanks A LOT to all.

Scythe
07-09-2005, 10:43
The only place I would put these trolls is within the general's ld and use them to beat up on expensive cavalry.

However, I believe that trolls are not necessarily "beast" units and thus can be lead/babysat by a mortal character.

Trolls are special choices every time; they are not 'beasts'. So you could have a mortal leading them, tough you obciously need a steed to make the trolls move more than 4" a turn.

Zeb
07-09-2005, 12:04
And more than five trolls to get a "Look Out, Sir" or keeping him from beeing singled out...

Sanjuro
07-09-2005, 23:51
Well, the character could always be singled out if he is on a steed, no matter how many trolls there are in the unit. Makes it pretty risky.