PDA

View Full Version : Bug in my game what am I gonna do?

tenpole
10-10-2007, 04:22
Recently we had an issue where a bug or glitch in a game prevented someone from getting a reroll in a game and play was stopped while the coach argued this. However just clarify how future games should continue you should follow the official fumbbl rules guidelines:

There is an entire section in the FUMBBL rules devoted to explaining the procedures for handling bugs in the client. In short, if the game is able to be finished, it must be finished, and you just have to suffer the effects of the bug, no matter what the cause.

So the official stance is play on. The client does not perform like the board game anyway, for example "Pro" can only be used on a player that is active, you cannot pass to a pro player and have him use pro to assist his catch.

As this is the official fumbbl rules to play on it not only applies to my WSFA but also to the WoBBL. Coaches who in future do not continue play will be flicked with a wet towel.

ExquisiteEvil
10-10-2007, 14:45
Recently we had an issue where a bug or glitch in a game prevented someone from getting a reroll in a game and play was stopped while the coach argued this. However just clarify how future games should continue you should follow the official fumbbl rules guidelines:

So the official stance is play on. The client does not perform like the board game anyway, for example "Pro" can only be used on a player that is active, you cannot pass to a pro player and have him use pro to assist his catch.

As this is the official fumbbl rules to play on it not only applies to my WSFA but also to the WoBBL. Coaches who in future do not continue play will be flicked with a wet towel.

or how about the other coach actually act like a decent sportsperson and try resolve the issue fairly?

I know when a coach asks me to 'hold on a sec' due to 2 balls, players inactive, re-rolls missed,etc - i do, and then the game can be played fairly with no advantages to either side.

I know what the rules state- but look at football/soccer for instance.

the rules dont say to kick the ball out if someones injured/down but you do it anyway as a common courtesy.

Just a thought for Future games.

PhrollikK
11-10-2007, 09:03
Remember EE that in our game you moved the chainsawer after he failed to start it up, despite my objections. It really isn't always that black and white. Like the fumbbl rules say, if the game isn't corrupted it should be finished no matter what. So no foul.