PDA

View Full Version : Pre Heresy Emperors Children Blog

Pages : [1] 2

proximity
10-10-2007, 06:57
edit - it turns out I'm retarded, could an admin please correct my typing from "Blod" to "Blog", talk about shameful. I promise next time I go to visit my parents I'll yell at them for shaking me as an infant.

Hi there,
about time I started another army!. It feels good to finally get back into it I must say.

A friend and I are both doing pre heresy armies, so we decided to base our armies around a certain event in the books. I don't want to spoil too much for those that haven't read into the stories, but my army will be themed around the force that is sent down to Iistvaan III to purge the loyalists that remain after the Virus bombs.

The army I plan to take without getting to specific is :
Lucius.
2 Terminator squads (done up with Halberds to resemble the phoenix guard that Fulgrim keeps company).
4 Tactical squads.
1 Jetbike squad (counts as bikers).
1 Land Raider (This will be Lord Commander Eidolon's command land raider, with a magnetised top revealing a mini-diorama with Eidolon sitting down at a desk inside).

Onto the pictures! With the Australian Golden Daemon coming up I thought it would be a bit of a laugh to enter. I've never entered before, and expect it will get knocked out in Auckland before making it over to Sydney for the finals. The reason I entered though which was 100% successful was to give myself a deadline that I could work towards. Getting the first squad done in this way has motivated me to move on with the rest of the army.

This meant though that I had to take the photos in the shop, so please excuse the poor quality, the light in store is just terrible. Only the photo of the veteran sergeant was taken at home - so that should give you a better indication of colour.

Here's the first Tactical squad!

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/squad1.jpg

And each member individually:

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/membera.jpg

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/memberb.JPG

proximity
10-10-2007, 06:58
And the rest of the squad ;D!

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/memberc.JPG

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/memberd.JPG

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/membere.JPG

proximity
10-10-2007, 06:59
Finally, here's a taste of things to come :P.

The first jetbike of a 5man squad getting ready:
http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jb1.jpg

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jb2.jpg

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jb3.jpg

devolutionary
10-10-2007, 07:01
You're gonna buy 5 of those jetbikes? God damn boy, you earn too much monies. Gimme!

Darkseer
10-10-2007, 07:01
Great use of purple and green. It's a more balanced colour scheme than most of the ECs I've seen who are usually purple +gold+more gold for good measure.

Best of luck with the rest of the project!

proximity
10-10-2007, 07:45
I hadn't initially planned to go with the green, though when I was part way through a friends wife who is a GD winner took a few photos and did some photoshopping to show me what it could look like with some green marble etc.

Dev, they made far too many of those jetbikes...someone has to get rid of some of that supply :P!

devolutionary
10-10-2007, 08:02
though when I was part way through a friends wife
... uh huh... that really could do with some comas ;)

Dev, they made far too many of those jetbikes...someone has to get rid of some of that supply :P![/quote]

Totally! Though I wouldn't mind getting one myself at some point, so don't steal the nations complete allocation

Ben_Jacobs12
10-10-2007, 09:59
They a dead set awesome,

ozzfan
10-10-2007, 10:30
I've been waiting for someone to do some pre-heresy Emperors Children. They look awesome.

On another note: Don't you think that this is the perfect Eidolon?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110101331&orignav=10

The one with the Thunder hammer and eagle wing shoulder-pad.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
10-10-2007, 13:50
MINDBLOWING!!! Good job, can't wait to see more.:eek:

Jomee
10-10-2007, 14:43
Very good so far.

Aflo
10-10-2007, 16:21
Croikey! The nmm is superb, especially considering you're doing it on a whole army:) How did you paint the tabards, if you don't mind me asking?

floyd pinkerton
10-10-2007, 16:37
ace stuff mate:D I want more!

crandall87
10-10-2007, 19:19
That purple armour is fantastic. I love it. Can't wait for the jetbike.

proximity
10-10-2007, 20:32
The robes are just scorched brown mixed up to graveyard earth, and then mixing from graveyard earth through to bleached bone before mixing some white in :).probably only about 8 or 9 steps between scorched brown and white too.

Aflo
10-10-2007, 21:57
Well it looks ace mate. nice one:)

violenceha
11-10-2007, 01:03
Perfection, pure and simple.

fleshcross
11-10-2007, 06:30
Looks amazing! Gives me something for my future Pre-Heresy EC to look up to!

Curious though, where did you get all of those shoulder pads? Those ones on the normal troopers look simpler than the metal EC shoulderpad you can order, and the Champion's shoulder pad I'm guessing is made from bits of Ravenwing stuff?

proximity
11-10-2007, 07:38
The champions pad is taken from the wings of a winged skull designed to be a banner top for the command squad,
the others started as a Raven Wing pad that I have resculpted, and then had a friend cast for me :)

hiveminion
11-10-2007, 15:17
Yay! Another Proximity army.:D Following this from the start, the Tactical squad looks awesome so I'm looking forward to seeing this army's progress! (especially seeing the completed 5 man Jetbike squad!;))

proximity
13-10-2007, 13:30
Here's a WIP on the first of the 5 jetbikes.

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jb4.jpg

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
13-10-2007, 14:10
It is a beauty :D

ozzfan
13-10-2007, 16:05
Lovely purple, EC's are my favourite legion.

Does that make me a perv? Is that wrong? Ahhh, so many questions...

titan136
13-10-2007, 16:13
nice EC proximity, i've been waiting to see more from you since your zilla army. The purple is wonderful as people have already mentioned. Can we get a recipe? I'm thinking of using for my dark eldar.

plague man
13-10-2007, 16:37
love those jet bikes whats better than space marines on flying bikes cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devolutionary
13-10-2007, 20:55
See, if you're gonna convert that much and paint that well, I don't see how you can't win any prizes next year come tournament season.

proximity
14-10-2007, 06:19
nice EC proximity, i've been waiting to see more from you since your zilla army. The purple is wonderful as people have already mentioned. Can we get a recipe? I'm thinking of using for my dark eldar.

The purple is 2 coats of Lich Purple over a black undercoat, from there - there are 3 stages between lich purple and warlock purple before a layer of warlock on its own, then there are 2 hilights onto of that mixing bleached bone into warlock.
After that, 2-3 washes are done of a 50/50 mix of black and lich purple.

- Charlie

Inquisitor Steinmann
14-10-2007, 11:51
WOW. Simply, wow.
I am staggered by your paint scheme; the rich purple is fantastically contrasted by the gold trim, and the converison work on your marines and the first jetbike is stunning.

I will definately be watching this blog..... I think you may have just rekindled my own ideas of starting a pre-heresey astartes froce!

silveryfox
14-10-2007, 22:02
What will you use the Jetbikes as? Seeing as it has a plasma cannon, it could pose a problem. Though your painting skills are awesome, really love your green, especially the eyes. Good work.

Arsenal
14-10-2007, 22:51
This army is going to be incredible. Enter the jetbike squad at Golden Demon, the amount of care and effort you are putting into them they deserve a shot

Jester Boy
14-10-2007, 23:09
Looking really good. Can't wait to see those jet bikes. Are you using them as 'counts as' normal bikes?

proximity
15-10-2007, 01:08
Yeah... 'counts as' a normal bike squad. The plasma cannon on it is actually quite small, so will just be a plasma gun of which I have 2 of in the squad - the rest I will alter to just be a bolter of some variety.

Triggerdog
15-10-2007, 01:42
gorgeous jet-bike there.

I'm gonna take a shot and the dark and guess you own the Horus Heresy Graphic Novels.

Dokternik.
15-10-2007, 03:33
Good to see someone working with Purples so Beautifully.

nice work man. I love the bike.

proximity
15-10-2007, 11:25
Another brief update, though I'm still procrastinating far too much and not getting as much painting done as I should.
http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jb5.jpg

I've really just got to do the handle bars and the rider now, as well as a couple of details (wires and blue plasma cell) on the plasma gun... Then I can start the next 4 D:!

devolutionary
15-10-2007, 19:09
Oh yes, that is coming along nicely. What are you using for the rider? Modifying the MoR/wing?

Stahlgeist
15-10-2007, 19:18
At first I thought the 'Bike had quad flamers mounted on the front! :eek:

Whatever your parents did to you, it left you with great eye-hand coordination.

The only (very minor) criticism is the armor looks a little too "modern" for it to be pre-heresy to me...You've got some Heresy-era helmets, what about Crusade-era, or am I just missing them in the pics?

proximity
15-10-2007, 19:29
All the helmets are a mix of mkII (crusade era) and MKIV (armour marines were wearing just before the heresy :>). One of the chests is MKIV, the rest are sort of concealed enough to not really know at this stage. The legs on these 5 guys though I haven't done anything to.

For the rest of the army there will be a lot of mkIV chests and helms coupled with modified legs : D

silveryfox
15-10-2007, 19:35
Ah, as bikers with plasma sounds cool! Will be alil costy though.

proximity
15-10-2007, 22:35
Oh yes, that is coming along nicely. What are you using for the rider? Modifying the MoR/wing?

Normal space marine biker legs actually fit on perfectly, so I can just chuck a regular marine on with minimal modification :)
The MOTRW is no good as he's covered in robes (the whole reason I had to totally remake the exhausts). I've seen a lot of conversions using this jetbike where they don't fully replace the master, and it just stops it from looking like a different figure. I think it's an important replacement to make.

Honorius
16-10-2007, 09:21
Omg loved your big bugs at GT and love your EC even more. They just look amazing. Looking forward to what your going to do with that jetbike.

Inquisitor Konig
16-10-2007, 10:31
man that jetbike is way too cool for school. cannot wiate to see a cowboy mounted up on that pink stallion!

RTB01
16-10-2007, 17:10
How have you painted the gold please?

many thanks in advance

Luthien
16-10-2007, 17:46
Hot damn! these are awesome! :D

proximity
16-10-2007, 22:34
Have had a few requests on the gold recipe, so here it is :)

Dark Flesh -> 50/50 Dark Flesh + Vermin Brown -> Vermin Brown -> 50/50 Vermin Brown + Vomit Brown -> Vomit Brown -> 50/50 Vomit Brown + Sunburst Yellow -> 75/25 The previous mix (I like to call it Vomitburst Bellow ;>) + Bleached Bone -> 50/50 Vomitburst Bellow + Bleached Bone -> 33/33/33 Vomitburst Bellow + Bleached Bone + Skull White.

All up 9 layers, of which 6 are mixed and 3 are straight colours, if planning to do a lot I would recommend pre mixing those 6 stages, though I haven't done it because I'm a *****... and lazy.

Jester Boy
16-10-2007, 23:17
Very Cool. Thanks for the recipe. It's great when those with skill on here pass it on to the rest of us. I can't wait to see what you do next.

devolutionary
17-10-2007, 02:39
Normal space marine biker legs actually fit on perfectly, so I can just chuck a regular marine on with minimal modification :)
The MOTRW is no good as he's covered in robes (the whole reason I had to totally remake the exhausts). I've seen a lot of conversions using this jetbike where they don't fully replace the master, and it just stops it from looking like a different figure. I think it's an important replacement to make.

Yeah, I noticed the exhaust mod, but it's always worth checking. I'm intrigued at how you'll address the riders now, those are usually make or break in bike modifications.

RavingGuard
17-10-2007, 08:11
wow. your modelling and painting skills rank as some of the best and most consistent i have ever seen.

i cant wait to see how this army is when its finished. love the pre heresy EC fluff, looks like your doing it justice.

Silvadine
25-10-2007, 19:43
Jet bikes look awsome! What model is that exahaust from? I just can't seem to figure it out.

proximity
09-11-2007, 21:21
Jet bikes look awsome! What model is that exahaust from? I just can't seem to figure it out.

The exhaust is a few things,
one of the pair of twin linked heavy flamers from a SOB immolator,
2 of the little exhaust tips foundin some of the cities of death terrain box,
some plastic tubing I had heated and bent with boiling water,
a bit of water and some plastic rivets from Grandtline (sp?).

Have just finished putting together the other 4 of the unit, and will start to paint them this weekend, will hopefully get some pics up next week some time when theres some real progress on them.

- Charlie

Meticulous
09-11-2007, 22:06
Those are friggen awesome. Made my jaw drop, no joke! More marines!

HorgothTheGreat
10-11-2007, 00:33
These look great, I plan on making a Pre-heresy EC and DG armys one day, and I'll use these as examples.

Endemion
10-11-2007, 09:36
Another sickeningly good army from you, this'll be one to watch

Crisis_Core
10-11-2007, 09:54
Crikey...most of those bitz have come from the Black Templar sprues right? Have you just shaved off all the iconography? Sweet Marines, they've given me some inspiration!

synapse
10-11-2007, 11:26
WOW!

those really are nice, and that jetike squad will make an amazing ventrepiece! great work on customising the exhausts btw! and i love the use of that dark, subtle green - works really well

a quick question - how hard would it be to fit my World Eaters onto that jetbike? would it be easy to convert? or would they just be too big?

EmMeTt
10-11-2007, 23:47
COOL!

Those guys are awesome Proximity, I love the colours and the conversions. I saw an EC Chaos army at a Tournament with a Chaos Lord on that jetbike, and it looks slightly like yours, but the colours were lighter. Say, what paints did you use?

VainEnd
15-11-2007, 04:50
sweet army!!! keep up the great work

Pfreck
15-11-2007, 08:55
Once again proximity, is doing an insane project log!

Keep it up man, the bike's really looking good. A squadron of those would be very awesome. :)

proximity
25-11-2007, 04:41
Well, I haven't been dead - just a bit busy, but I have been working on the jet bikes :)!

Photo's have been taken at a very bad time of day (to give you a hint of the bad lighting, the background that looks as if it is some bluey-gray gradient, is actually just a plain white piece of paper).

One biker down, 4 to go - 2 of the bikes themselves are finished, 2 just need another exhaust sculpted and converted up, and to finish 4 more riders.

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/finjb1.jpg

http://proximity.orcon.net.nz/Figures/EC/jbsquad1.jpg

At some point I should really take some better pictures, perhaps in a week or so when the units finished :)!

- Charlie

Light of the Emperor
25-11-2007, 04:47
That is utterly amazing. The conversions, the NMM, the overall painting...

I really have nothing bad to say. Just please do the great paintjobs justice and give them great bases as well.

Excellent!!!

proximity
25-11-2007, 04:56
WOW!

a quick question - how hard would it be to fit my World Eaters onto that jetbike? would it be easy to convert? or would they just be too big?

I think it would be really quite hard to convert it to world eaters. Only the Emperor's Children were permitted to wear an aquilla, so you'd have to remove the giant eagle on the front prow for one thing, as well as the 6 massive eagle wings on the 3 fins at the back! IMO those things are what makes the MOTRW bike such a lovely figure, you would probably be better off working with some plasticard and normal marine bikes, I've seen some nice jetbikes made that way :)!

Emmett, I pretty much only use GW paints, occasionally a few VMC paints, but I have a few issues with them.

devolutionary
25-11-2007, 05:14
Oh yes, they came out quite lovely. You're really pushing for the Best Painted next year aren't ya? :p

Darkseer
25-11-2007, 08:36
Sweet zombie jesus on a...jetbike.

Very impressive stuff indeed.
Keep up the great work!

proximity
25-11-2007, 10:58
dev - not so much, it's more I wanted to teach myself NMM, so that I could gain a better understanding of when painting with actual metallics. Am putting a bit more effort in also as this may be the last army I do for a while, or possibly the last one I do in NZ at least (wife wants to move to the UK for a little while).

ZAChos
25-11-2007, 13:13
*love*

Stupid letter limit *grumble*

Kasrkin 666
25-11-2007, 16:32
:eek:...:cries:

********* AMAZING! The purple is BEAUTIFUL! And so is everything else:p.

-Sunny:mad:

devolutionary
25-11-2007, 18:28
dev - not so much, it's more I wanted to teach myself NMM, so that I could gain a better understanding of when painting with actual metallics. Am putting a bit more effort in also as this may be the last army I do for a while, or possibly the last one I do in NZ at least (wife wants to move to the UK for a little while).

Well you're definitely in the right direction to take it if you want. I haven't seen anything half this great in a long time.

malika
25-11-2007, 19:06
I think it would be really quite hard to convert it to world eaters. Only the Emperor's Children were permitted to wear an aquilla, so you'd have to remove the giant eagle on the front prow for one thing, as well as the 6 massive eagle wings on the 3 fins at the back! IMO those things are what makes the MOTRW bike such a lovely figure, you would probably be better off working with some plasticard and normal marine bikes, I've seen some nice jetbikes made that way :)!

Emmett, I pretty much only use GW paints, occasionally a few VMC paints, but I have a few issues with them.

If I remember correctly the Emperor's Children were the only Legion who were allowed to wear the Imperial Aquila on their chest. So the Aquila could be worn on other parts of the armour by other Legions, but not on the chest.

proximity
25-11-2007, 20:34
afraid not, though their chest was where they mostly put it - the EC's were the only ones permitted to wear it bar a very small number of exceptions (such as Garro's big ornate eagle he had from terra, etc).

Jimbobjeff
25-11-2007, 21:54
I would just like to thank you for making me utterly ashamed of my pre heresy emperors children.....

crandall87
25-11-2007, 23:24
Those bikers are simply beautiful. But how expensive were they??

proximity
26-11-2007, 06:07
Those bikers are simply beautiful. But how expensive were they??

More than my wife will ever know ;)
I paid retail for them, but effectively got one for free as it was missing a piece I was able to recreate, they replaced the entire figure with a brand new one so in the end I only had to buy 4 of them.

Arkzein
24-12-2007, 18:44
Fantastic, being a long time EC player I've seldom seen better, it has even left me wanting to start a pre-heresy project myself! Especially glad to see the Jetbikes work brilliantly in an EC squad (as I have six of them sitting myself for sometime down the line). Would love to know how you worked those (what I assume are) perspex rods and attached them to the models as the stock one is almost useless I've found.

Shame about the pictures but they're at least good enough to get an idea of the sheer quality of the finish. Subcribed and looking forward to seeing it come along, not least because it motivated me to pick up my brush again! ;)

Zaamel of the Deathwing
24-12-2007, 19:33
That jetbike is amazing! Could you make a list of what parts you used for the converted exhaust and rider? Simply stunning paintjobs too, very good depiction of the EC, not too much gold but a perfect amount and the green blends in perfectly.

Hasan ibn Sabbah
24-12-2007, 21:00
Allah damn it! This is awesome. Jet bikes are beautiful, tactical squad also. Were You thinking about making them scenic base and entering GD?

Angel of Bliss
24-12-2007, 22:46
Out of curiousity, I though the pre-heresy EC were a lighter shade of purple..?

-J

Luthien
24-12-2007, 23:02
Could you please please please do us a recipe for the purple, its awesome. and i'd hate to have to face the jet bike squad in combat they look badass :D

BlazeXI
24-12-2007, 23:10
Simply stunning. Signing myself not to miss any updates.

Xenocidal Maniac
25-12-2007, 00:59
You make me sick!!

u win teh intarwebs

Metal Fingered Villain
25-12-2007, 04:12
Wow, those bikes are clean. I love em, the nmm goes real well with the purple. It also helps seeing how good they is painted.

Arsenal
25-12-2007, 09:07
Absolutely stunning work, as I think i've already said in the thread.

Heres something that I thought looking at this thread - The look that you're going for with your Emperor's Children suggests the possibility for one particular conversion that is quite obscure and may not have occurred to you - specifically the use of the big gold imperial eagle as a frontal motif on helmets, to make a sort of human equivalent of the Jetbikes. The figures I had in mind, which could be converted into veterans or just used for bits, were Calgar and his honour guard. In places they actually have suprisingly little Ultramarines imagery on the armour.

This figure (not mine, just a shot from coolminiornot, biggest I could find) seems appropriate in particular. In your colour scheme that helmet could look awesome on a chapter master style figure - not over the top and in keeping with your brilliant 'realistic' neat aesthetic. The breastplate as well, with the talon style wing detail, is absolutely perfect for Emperors Children and already looks pre heresy.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics12/img471f99097730d.jpg

Just a suggestion - I love the project so far, looks fantastic.

Dreachon
25-12-2007, 09:24
Those are some awesome looking models you have there, please tell me you have more planned for this army.

Coolhand
25-12-2007, 20:21
Excellent EC's mate...

Metal Fingered Villain
25-12-2007, 20:25
I'm with arsenal on ihs suggestions, those honour guard helmets would be dope on those marines. I might even say cut the heads off of those models, put em on stands and cast em so you have those heads for your entire army, that would be stunning on the table top.

RobZie
26-12-2007, 08:22
the sword also looks very emp childish, too bad the axe in that box set doesn't have an aquilla with talons on it...

the vicar
26-12-2007, 11:49
Very nice. I've always been a fan of the EC.

Lord Commander Erus
31-12-2007, 21:40
Great work so far, though the honor guard helmets would work great for a command squad, or if you read the Horus Heresy books, Fulgrims own phoenix guard (though if you do the phoenix guard, they all carry bolters strapped via baldrics, and power glaives.).

cailus
02-01-2008, 05:44
Those jetbikes are simply phenomenal.

proximity
31-03-2008, 06:11
Well,
after months of procrastination, preocupation, avoidance, being a baby and a spot of tournamenting with my other army, I figured I'd finally return to getting some progress done. *gasp*!

First up is the new rhino, with some forgeworld goodies :).

Front:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/rhinofront.jpg

Left side:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/rhinoleft.jpg

Right side, with small shot of the rear included:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/rhinoright.jpg

proximity
31-03-2008, 06:11
I actually hinged the top doors, so that they open and close at will, to let light in. This can be seen in the below two interior shots:

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/rhinointerior1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/rhinointerior2.jpg

Let me know what you think :) C&C most welcome.
I should really get some photos of the finished bikes up at some point, though I need to start basing first ;).

Next up on the to do list is a young Fabius Bile, which I am about to finish the purple on, hopefully finish him and give you some pics this week :-D!

- Charlie

Essia
31-03-2008, 06:25
oh my.... Love the Rhino. The Imperial Eagles are stunning. Really draws the attention to the model.

Mewy
31-03-2008, 06:54
First off: I love your NMM approach, very smoothly and effectively done!
Second off: I find the hinged rhino intriguing... how did you do the top doors?

synapse
31-03-2008, 07:51
i love the use of the 'normal' FW eagle doors - fits in perfectly with the EC theme.

i also have a question about the jetbikes - did you cut off the MotRw legs from the sides? if so was it a hard job to do? or was that the reason you changed the exhausts (which look greadt)?

proximity
31-03-2008, 08:03
I tried to remove the legs from the origional MotRW, and it just wasint going to be possible. 25 minute with clippers and a dremel saw a single exhaust less than half done. Having to do 10 of them, i wasnt looking forward to roughly 15-20 hours of dremeling.

My friend whos house I was at at the time, whipped out his bits box and we whipped something up, then we cast it. Worked out great, I actually prefer these exhausts to the origional. I have a massive box full of spare MotRW parts now :O!

synapse
31-03-2008, 10:18
cool. and how difficult do say it would be to upsize it to be suitable for truescale marines? from what ive seen of it it looks really big anyway

Wayfarer
31-03-2008, 11:10
cool. and how difficult do say it would be to upsize it to be suitable for truescale marines? from what ive seen of it it looks really big anyway

If I may. True-scaled marines would be pretty tall in the saddle. I have a motrw and quite a few bigmarines myself and I think that if you didn't seat them farther back it'd look like an adult on a kids trike. However, I think you could overcome this issue by cutting the foot rests off and adding a simple spacer. Not too much work in the long run if you keep it simple.

prox: Love the conversions man. I like your style of nmm, it's very dramatic.

proximity
31-03-2008, 13:45
You could probably extend it slightly, not much would be needed, 75milimetres at most should be sufficient. Otherwise the knees will be a bit too bent, and will get the whole clown on a tiny bike effect. I would probably extend between the end of the padded seat and the 'gas tank' of a normal bike. Worth looking at one in the flesh, seeing if you think it will fit, then trying it out on one in my opinion. Worst case scenario is you wont waste too much money and time by doing one to completion first: D

wreiro
31-03-2008, 14:31
Wow those EC are brilliant. I would love to have the time and patience to convert all those marines and give them all a unique flare. I am waiting on Nurgle FW doors how well did they fit the plastic rhino?

Thanks
H

proximity
31-03-2008, 18:56
the doors ive tried pretty much fit fine. The only issue is that resin sometimes warps a little, so you might need to do 20 minutes of filing just so it straightens up :)

Coolhand
31-03-2008, 20:25
We want more!!!!

Nice as always

proximity
31-03-2008, 22:42
First off: I love your NMM approach, very smoothly and effectively done!
Second off: I find the hinged rhino intriguing... how did you do the top doors?

There's a great guide I found on bolter and chainsword by doing a quick search, but basically:
- cut out the hinges from the rhino doors
- drill two holes, one on each side of what is left of the outside of the hinge.
- insert a paper clip trimmed to fit, so that htis becomes the new hinge
- take a short length of wire, wrap it around this new hinge and twist several times
- drill two holes in the top of the rhino, so that the twisted wire slides down into it, bend up from the underneath and glue in.

It makes a lot more sense with the step by step pictures.

Burnthem
31-03-2008, 23:09
Some excellent painting here! Nice to see purple thats been highlighted well and not simply had red splodged all over it :)

Oh, and i just had to dig this up from the first page :D

when I was part way through a friends wife

Sigged ;)

proximity
01-04-2008, 00:33
D'oh, that comment will live with me forever :(
Doesn't help that I typo'd the very thread topic to be called a "blod" too.

krauti
01-04-2008, 07:16
Your stuff is just amazing.
I love the effect of the green and the purple. Keep it up, we want to see more!

rickie8437
01-04-2008, 07:37
wow they look so dam good

i just hope my death guard turn out as good ( not a chance put im up for the challange)

rick

sartarius
01-04-2008, 07:41
these EC's are beautiful your doing a damn fantastic job!

proximity
01-04-2008, 10:48
Well, as promised - the updates will be faster than they were at any rate ;)

Here's who I'm working on at the moment:

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/wipfab1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/wipfab2.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/wipfab3.jpg

- Charlie

Bleys
01-04-2008, 11:07
When I see a EC apothcary I can only think of Fabius (which I think this is). Looks very promising. Your NMM is really inspiring, the depth and tone makes it shine, looking very much like actual gold, in this case. Puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Not to mention the deep purple;).

synapse
01-04-2008, 11:08
its Mr Bile! no? great work, as always!

rickie8437
01-04-2008, 11:18
cant wait to see a full army pic

great work keep it up

rick

proximity
01-04-2008, 11:18
Tomorrow I hope to have an update of a pale face and some snow white hair to help reveal his identity ;)

Unfortunately my povo lighting hides how well the head I've used suits young Fabby, hopefully I can get it banged out before I'm dragged into Sunwell tomorrow (if you dont know, don't ask - you're safer not knowing!).

-Charlie

Cpt_Tiberius
01-04-2008, 13:01
I am really impressed by the quality of your painting. I can't wait to see more. :)

Deus Ruinus
01-04-2008, 14:18
amazing stuff! it would be good if you entered the whole army in golden daemon and win the slayer sword. (and every one elses gold trophies!)

krauti
01-04-2008, 17:22
Oh, show us his face....reveal thee!!!

proximity
01-04-2008, 22:14
Haha, I have pretty big plans for their display base, but we'll see :)

proximity
02-04-2008, 06:54
Oh, show us his face....reveal thee!!!

Am really enjoying painting this figure so far.
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/wipfab4.jpg !

krauti
02-04-2008, 07:33
Did I tell you that I really hate you...;)
Oh my...your painting is superb.
His face is nice. Could you do us a favor and post a pic of everything that is painting?

Damokles
02-04-2008, 08:04
your painting style is really great, I like the extrem highlighting

are you going to make any other (named) EC characters? Lucius, Eidolon, Tarvitz, etc.

proximity
02-04-2008, 08:06
I'm definitely making Lucius, who will be leading the army. Will probably make an Eidolon at some point, though not for a while as he is not initially in the army any longer. I may do a semi broken tarvitz on the ground, as a sort of homage to the fight between lucius and him where lucius beat him like a red headed stepchild before reinforcements came ;).

Am actually very tempted to look into commissioning someone to sculpt a fulgrim too, it would be worth sinking a fair bit of cash into (my sculpting skills are nowhere near the level of perfection Fulgrim would command ;>).

Dark Apostle
02-04-2008, 09:02
This is pure awesomeness! Purple and gold really is fantastic.

proximity
02-04-2008, 12:53
Come tomorrow I hope to have his base and all the green done, leaving just a few details, the black and plasteel to go.

proximity
03-04-2008, 07:02
As a bit of a test base for the army, I figured I'd start with Fab's base.

Thoughts?

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/testbase.jpg

krauti
03-04-2008, 07:17
I think it is good. Will go great with the purple....

sartarius
03-04-2008, 07:44
that base is great... it will work well with your army

keep up the good job

proximity
03-04-2008, 12:08
Painting the base was actually the first time ive ever touched foundation paints... WOW they taste disgusting (compulsive brushlicker :<)

wreiro
03-04-2008, 13:23
Yeha they are horrible! GW should do something to make them taste better. The base built up of green stuff? Starting to do more work on mine so any tips would be great.

Thanks
H

Fenriz
03-04-2008, 14:29
Painting the base was actually the first time ive ever touched foundation paints... WOW they taste disgusting (compulsive brushlicker :<)

Hahaha, you and me both. :D

This is a really really nice army. Keep up the good work and consider me subscribed. :)

Deus Ruinus
03-04-2008, 14:41
nice! it gets more and more better by the minuite, is that an eldar head im reckognising?

refuse
03-04-2008, 14:49
Stunning stuff.

The_Warsmith
03-04-2008, 14:59
simply fantastic, thanks for the gold recipe, was gunna ask but then i found it :p

krauti
03-04-2008, 16:43
Foundation paints taste really bad, but in terms of painting they are great!!

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
03-04-2008, 19:46
It's really a matter of preference. I prefer some to others, but normal GW paints still taste better. ;)

Dear god. I saw those Jetbikes...and I died. U, sir, wtfpwn teh internets.

proximity
03-04-2008, 20:23
nice! it gets more and more better by the minuite, is that an eldar head im reckognising?

Indeed it is, given the hidden pointy ears, I found it worked quite well as young fabius :)

I was basing largely off this image :)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/Fabius.jpg

Jos
03-04-2008, 20:51
Eyecandy. a bit blurry pics though

brotherAkkyshan
03-04-2008, 23:11
Proximty, just wanted to say this is one of the most beautiful Astartes armies I've ever seen. Your colours are fantastic, truly you have done justice to the most artistic Legion!

And that Fabius could splice my genes if he wanted to! ;)

krauti
04-04-2008, 09:43
The picture is one of the best inspirations Ive ever seen. Where did you get it? Who painted it?

sartarius
04-04-2008, 09:57
i think its from one of the horus heresy books...i've seen it before i swear

krauti
04-04-2008, 09:59
Are they good? The Heresya books i mean. Ive only read the black library novels. I LOVE THEM

sartarius
04-04-2008, 10:03
the artwork is amazing it gives you alot of great images and with the help of the horus heresy books and the art work got me 2 do a pre heresy army

krauti
04-04-2008, 10:08
Which one??

sartarius
04-04-2008, 10:17
either night lords or emperors children :) i loved fulgrim!

krauti
04-04-2008, 11:10
Such a poor guy, isnt he?

Shadowphrakt
04-04-2008, 11:38
Wow! You're a really good painter! Can't wait to see more!

The_Warsmith
04-04-2008, 11:38
there's a painting compatition at my local GW tomorrow, if i can paint a space marine to half resemble one of yours i may stand a chance of winning lol

krauti
04-04-2008, 12:31
@warsmith
show us your miniature when your done...

We want to see more.....

Triggerdog
04-04-2008, 17:18
wow, that Fabius model is spot on with the art. Great job especially with the selection of head. There arent many heads out there with feathered flippy hair.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
04-04-2008, 17:38
Proximity, you sir are rediculous...
I bow to your greatness

rev
04-04-2008, 18:08
this mini is fantastic in every way - congrats!

rev

proximity
05-04-2008, 02:48
Working on the bike bases as we speak, hope to get you some photos later today :) I'm liking the tiles even more, now that it is spread over a larger area. In saying that, i dont think I will ever be able to play chess again after painting all these black and white tiles by the time i finish the army.

*ARSE*
05-04-2008, 05:27
Truly sexual ....

The_Warsmith
05-04-2008, 22:09
@warsmith
show us your miniature when your done...

i won't be posting it because it pails in comparision to proximity's skills, i cocked up a few things and need some more practise to get it right but i wana thank proximity for helping me get 3rd place in the painting comp :)

proximity
06-04-2008, 07:11
Well, young Fabius is finished :]

Pictures below. Enjoyed paitning him quite a bit. Have most of the jetbike bases done now, will endeavour to get these done asap to add up too :]

Warsmith, I'd love to see some photos of the entry, I truely would. There's no need to compare it directly, but I'd love to see what ideas you have come up with, see if theres anything I can pilfer, or any advice I can offer :]

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finfab1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finfab2.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finfab3.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finfab4.jpg

synapse
06-04-2008, 07:14
love the marble effect on the left arm! very cool. the shape of the base seems a bit strange mind you

proximity
06-04-2008, 07:21
Yeah, I think that's largely to do with the angle of the photo, as the base shape looks pretty normal here:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/testbase.jpg

*shrug*

sartarius
06-04-2008, 10:11
i didnt see a differneance in the base...your young fabius is amazing and so is his base

Damokles
06-04-2008, 10:37
I tried making tiles from cardboard but it didn't turn out quit as well as I would've liked; but your's look stunning, you got any advise there? what material did you use?

richy376
06-04-2008, 14:38
Just to add my vote to this, your stuff really is incredible. Fabius is great, the eldar head was a great choice - i think it really does fit the art you were taking your cue from.

The jetbike squad has to be one of the most impressive units I've seen both in terms of the painting and the concept, just fantasic. Can't wait to see them on their bases.

Deus Ruinus
06-04-2008, 15:38
its still pretty cool though, he should be holding some alien samples like it says in the book, where he starts to mess with the gene sample of the emperors children.

Monsterzonk
06-04-2008, 15:53
Just wow. Subscribed.

proximity
07-04-2008, 01:20
I tried making tiles from cardboard but it didn't turn out quit as well as I would've liked; but your's look stunning, you got any advise there? what material did you use?

Originally I used Plasticard, but it has since been cast in resin :)

krauti
07-04-2008, 07:22
Nicely done...I love your children!

wreiro
07-04-2008, 09:12
Hi, really great job! I think the height gives him stature. Looking down on all his foes!

H

Monsterzonk
07-04-2008, 09:17
OMG! I want your Children! ;)

JonesRob
07-04-2008, 09:46
Your work is amazing. The Gold is some of the best ive seen.

Thanks for the run down of colours used, il be trying it out sometime soon :D

Damokles
07-04-2008, 10:10
Originally I used Plasticard, but it has since been cast in resin :)

well, bummer, I can't seem to find plasticard here in Vienna; so it seems you will have to feed my obsession with your work :)

krauti
07-04-2008, 10:41
@JonesRob

You are so very right! The gold is the best Ive ever seen. I hope that it turns out just as good on my miniatures.

sartarius
20-04-2008, 16:37
my friend.....when are u gunna get more stuff done!
im dyin to see more of your beautiful stuff!

Bloodcookie
21-04-2008, 00:14
Great work, Proximity; definitely some aspiration-inducing stuff :D

Titan Wolfe
28-04-2008, 17:50
Totally in awe of this Army . Found it posted on emperors children .net and my jaw dropped . Had to find it on here ......the jet bike is so cool . Keep up the phenominally fantastic work.

proximity
19-05-2008, 06:55
Woah, to be honest I am totally flattered and blown away that it wound up on the front page of the emperors children site.
I'm in the middle of painting up a couple more models for my nids in an overseas tourney I'm flying to this weekend, but to give you an idea what is in store - I have removed every crux insignia from a squad of terminators, converted their heads into the older style, changed weapons etc, and most painfully;
manually drilled and glued between 70 and 86 individual rivets onto their armour. Have started painting up the test termy, though he's on the back burner for now. Once I get the gold done, I'll get some pics up :)

proximity
30-05-2008, 14:27
Well, I finally got around to getting some decent photos of the finished bike unit done, also to come are the termi pics. I have finished painting my test termi, and am just waiting for the shoulder pads I have sculpted up to be cast so I can finish that on the test figure then paint the rest of the unit.

The whole unit:

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeunit1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeunit2.jpg

Sergeant:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeserg1.jpg

Icon Bearer:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeicon1.jpg

proximity
30-05-2008, 14:27
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeicon2.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikeicon3.jpg

Pointy guy!:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikepoint1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikepoint2.jpg

proximity
30-05-2008, 14:28
Sword Stabby guy:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikesword1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikesword2.jpg

Bolt Pistol guy:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikebp1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/finbikebp2.jpg

Shadowphrakt
30-05-2008, 14:40
Wow dude...brilliant work.

Monsterzonk
30-05-2008, 14:55
It doesn't get much better than this. Now where's the rest of the army? :D

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

Cassarus
30-05-2008, 15:02
wow!
those jet bikes are just pure awesome!
I'm speechless...

JonesRob
30-05-2008, 15:04
OMG! :eek:
That is the best looking unit of anything ive seen in a long time...
Great work and looking forward to the Termis

synapse
30-05-2008, 15:34
very sexy indeed!

looking forward to those terminators

Praexes
30-05-2008, 17:15
Wow man. That stuff's pretty terrible. You should just give up painting and, you know, sell those things on eBay at rock bottom prices. ;)

Luthien
30-05-2008, 17:54
Those are godly Proximity, truly brilliant. I love the bases too equally as good i think as the rest of the army.

Coolhand
30-05-2008, 18:40
Excellent EC, some of the best I have ever seen. :eek:

This is really a 10 out of 10 unit, but your base are a weak point and I feel with your talent they could be better.

sartarius
30-05-2008, 19:03
proximity those bikes are lovely...i think the bases tie in well with the army
but one thing which confused me at first was the icon bearer...thought he was a chaplin :o

proximity
31-05-2008, 01:41
Thanks for all the nice comments :)
The bases are a range of Iron Halo's that I helped sculpt, and can be found here : http://ironhalo.net/store//catalog/index.php?cPath=21_31

AbyssRaven
31-05-2008, 08:59
I love this log
I really do
thats almost exactly how i pictured Pre heresy EC looking

Calgar's honour guard, with some converting, would make amazing command squad models as well.

Swope
31-05-2008, 09:17
Damn Yo those are nice

BUT I WANTED TO DO ThAT lol

o well the difference is mine will be BlooD Ravens
soo im goint to copy u lol

The jet bikes that is

dblaz3r
31-05-2008, 10:41
Good god your painting skills are amazing, especially loving the nmm gold and fabius :) And the bike squad, jesus!!! Will be keeping an eye on your progress for sure. On a side note how long have you been painting for?

proximity
01-06-2008, 00:23
Hmmm, about 4-5 years of painting I guess :) There was a fairly long period where I left the hobby but then returned.

Metal Fingered Villain
01-06-2008, 01:00
all I can say is wow. those bikes are the dopest dope.

krauti
02-06-2008, 12:18
We want more!
WE WANT more!
WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
02-06-2008, 17:11
Those are some of the coolest models I have ever seen proximity!

I would love to see those termis done up to a decadent level.

What time period are we looking at in relation to the Heresy?
Id also like to see a fabius model if your up to it...

Savior117
04-06-2008, 02:13
Wow. Just wow. Very nice contrast and not too over the top with the gold. Any chance we'll see a Fulgrim? :evilgrin:

With your Jetbikes, what did you use for the new exhausts?

Titan Wolfe
07-06-2008, 11:53
Those jet bikes are truely awsome as I said before .But if I wanted to make my own ,to be part of my army ,what rules do you use for them .Following that where can I find them ??:confused:

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
07-06-2008, 14:22
I would imagine he uses the Pre-Heresy ruleset from Bell of Lost Souls- head over to their site, and look it up. It's a .pdf, and called Warhammer 30k. Great rules, really.
The jetbikes themselves, as pictured and mentioned earlier in this very log, are cast in resin, from a master model converted from the Master of the Ravenwing.

Inquisitor Konig
07-06-2008, 18:54
are those bikes well balanced? do you have trouble keeping them up-right?

rickie8437
07-06-2008, 20:17
great work
love what you did with the ravenwing jet bike

cant wait to see the rest of the army

how do you do you NMM

rik

proximity
15-06-2008, 11:15
@Dasqueek-Master Assassin - I've allready got a fabius in there, if you scroll back a bit : >!

@Savior117 - if you scroll towards the start, I think I did a tute with some WIP shots, basically the flamers from an immolator, the exhaust vents from some cityguard terrain, some plasticard piping, greenstuff and rivets.

@Titan Wolfe - I just use them as regular bikers :)

Anywho, bit of an update:

Well, there's a whole squad of these fatties converted up ready for painting now, as I was taking photos of the rest of the WIP, my lamp bulb exploded and landed on the unit (fortunately only some very minor damage!), so the photos of the rest will need to wait. Have also painted up another squad of tactical marines that will have to be painted up later.

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/termi1.JPG
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/termi2.JPG
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/termi3.JPG

Mewy
15-06-2008, 12:40
Awesome terminator! Where did you get the head from? If you got it from GK terminator, how did you remove it from the body without damaging it?

synapse
15-06-2008, 13:51
lovely terminator, though i think its missing some more gold, as befits a 1st company dude

im guessing the head is a normal plastic termie one,shaved down

sartarius
15-06-2008, 16:06
proximity ur termie is superb but how did u make the shoulder pads?

JonesRob
15-06-2008, 19:38
WOW :eek:

The termie is amazing, great work sir

Coolhand
15-06-2008, 20:05
This army goes from strength to strength, nice work on the termie.

proximity
16-06-2008, 00:12
WOW :eek:

The termie is amazing, great work sir

Thank you ;)!
I love the avatar! I've just ordered some Pan Oceania infinity figures I plan to paint in red and gold to match Iron Man :D!

Dictator
16-06-2008, 00:29
YOU ARE AWESOME. Bur seriously, great work. I love PH emperor's children!

JonesRob
16-06-2008, 17:33
Thank you ;)!
I love the avatar! I've just ordered some Pan Oceania infinity figures I plan to paint in red and gold to match Iron Man :D!

DO IT! :p

stormtrooper154
16-06-2008, 20:58
This army is absolutely awesome! I am very very jealous. Keep up the good work.

By the way, what did you use for the rivets?

Xarius
17-06-2008, 20:25
wow, i been following this blog since the start and it has been amazing. i know painting these models taks a while but hurry p, im desperate to see more. also, how do you cast:confused:

Argastes
17-06-2008, 23:08
By the way, what did you use for the rivets?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Especially the rivets on Fabius Bile's knee and leg armor; I know about slicing up thin plastic rod into little discs to make rivet heads, but the rivets on your Fabius look too small to have been done that way (or maybe you're just better at it than me....) Either way, I'd love to know how you did them! And of course your army is gorgeous; can't wait to see the rest of your terminators.

Luthien
18-06-2008, 00:23
I love the termie Proximity, my only gripe is the lack of photographic goodies we've been getting of late.

Honorius
18-06-2008, 09:48
You wouldn't be planning on taking these to fields of blood or call to arms would you Charlie?

proximity
19-06-2008, 00:13
You wouldn't be planning on taking these to fields of blood or call to arms would you Charlie?

If I can get 20 marines and 5 more termies painted in the next 2 weeks I have off work, then hopefully yes to both :>

The rivets are a product from a company called grandtline, theyre origionally designed for model railways etc, really fantastic products. Ordering is a little bit of a pain, but they arrive fairly promptly.

Javelin
19-06-2008, 02:38
Firstly let me say that all of the models in this thread are incredible proximity, I've been following this since I saw someone mention "some guy on Warseer with these crazy-awesome pre-heresy jetbike conversions" (or something similar).

If I can get 20 marines and 5 more termies painted in the next 2 weeks I have off work, then hopefully yes to both :>

And having just booked my ticket for Fields of Blood I'll be hoping to see this army "in the flesh", so to speak. :)

proximity
19-06-2008, 04:00
You weren't at Natcon at all were you?

Deus Ruinus
22-06-2008, 16:50
its looking realy nice, i like the terminator, it looks awesome! :D

Javelin
22-06-2008, 22:52
You weren't at Natcon at all were you?

Yep, I was indeed, don't believe our paths ever crossed though. I was playing Witch Hunters + Imperial Guard (Praetorians to be precise).

krauti
30-06-2008, 08:31
I hope that we are going to see some of these marines which you were planning tp paint while youre off work. ;)

Xarius
02-07-2008, 18:08
cum on with the updates. i thought you had finished al the termies. can't wait to see the marines either.

proximity
03-07-2008, 15:25
Well, time for some more purple men to show up huh?
I wanted to try get their bases painted, but have been a bit distracted by the 20 marines I painted instead :D:D:D!

Heres what I have of the termies so far.

The squad:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieSquad.jpg

And each of the members, with their very official names:

Mr Icon:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieA1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieA2.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieA3.jpg

proximity
03-07-2008, 15:25
Mr Melta:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieB1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieB2.jpg

Mr 'Fist can be a verb':
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieC1.jpg

http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieC2.jpg

proximity
03-07-2008, 15:26
Mr Ablative Wound #1:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieD1.jpg

Mr Ablative Wound #2:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/TermieE1.jpg

And of course who could forget Mr Burney Slicey Chop Chop:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/termi1.JPG

And lastly, here's a bit of a closeup of what I've done with the power swords:
http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/Termiepowerweapons.jpg

swifty2
03-07-2008, 16:03
Very cool, so many studs on the armour, how did you do the terminator crusader helmets?

LokkoRex
03-07-2008, 16:39
your painting skills are awesome and win!

Extension
03-07-2008, 17:26
Your clean painting style really fits the Emperor's Children

By the way, to answer swifty's question, if I'm not completely mistaken, they're just normal plastic terminator heads, with two cuts to get that sharp angle. Don't know how else to describe it.

synapse
03-07-2008, 18:54
mr ablative wound 1 is my fave (great name too :p)

sartarius
03-07-2008, 20:21
proximity those termies are lookin AWSOME...with the bases u make they'll be a beautiful unit....but how did u do the shoulder pads?

Xarius
03-07-2008, 21:43
those termies are great but we need more of those marines!

LOTRCROWN
03-07-2008, 22:01
WoW these are freaky the painting is outstanding !!!

Metal Fingered Villain
03-07-2008, 22:44
The painting on these guys is outstanding. I agree with the above statement, more marines and........a blinged out dreadnaught and a landraider, and some landspeeders.

disceto
03-07-2008, 22:56
Your stuff looks awesome, those termies really made my jaw drop.
i'm currently starting hawk lords army and your work has inspired me a lot,thanks dude :D

disc

little eagle
03-07-2008, 23:51
Proximity,
Have you thought about scouts for your pre-heresy army?
There is a cool picture of a Emperor's Children scout in 'The Horus Heresy, volume 3' on page 95. I know there aren't any clean rules for scouts in the Chaos 'dex, but they could be 'counts as' daemons, or just regular scouts for apocalypse games....

Xarius
04-07-2008, 13:32
with the army at the moment would they not just be better off using the marine dex and the rules pack on the HH from Bell Of Lost Souls.

proximity
04-07-2008, 13:36
Hmm, im probably not going to have the points available to squeeze in a unit of scouts.
So far im looking at in 1500 points, a lord, the termie squad, the bike squad, 2 tactical squads in rhinos, 2 tactical squads walking.
To bump it up to 2000, I'll probably add a predator, another tactical squad, and perhaps buff the termies out to 10, or maybe increase the bikes. Even an assault squad would be nice actually. And a Landraider is another option..
Argghh! So many options!
I'm actually hoping to finish these guys in the next few weeks, as allready my head is starting to fill with ideas for my next army.

synapse
04-07-2008, 14:43
oh yes, a land raider made with the pre heresy FW upgrade kit and eagle-doors would look loverly! :D

swifty2
04-07-2008, 15:38
oh yes, a land raider made with the pre heresy FW upgrade kit and eagle-doors would look loverly! :D

Agreed, that would be awesome, there's a brilliant passage in galaxy in flames describing Lord Commander Eidolon and his personal command land raider.

Xarius
04-07-2008, 19:50
if you do the land raider you have to do eidolon inside at a desk and have the inside overly luxurious but still militaristic.

proximity
06-07-2008, 03:10
If I do do a landraider, that's definitely what is on the cards :)

proximity
13-07-2008, 13:57
I at least got the termies on their bases, http://proximity.orconhosting.net.nz/Figures/EC/fintermies.jpg

13 marines, a lord and a rhino to go, exactly one month to do it in. It's going to be close.

chrismisterx
13-07-2008, 14:17
Fantastic, just fantastic.

you have raised the bar very high for anyone wanting to do a EC army now!

I have one question if I may, could you do a quick write up on how you did your gold metal areas, I was about to paint a squad of marines and would love to try out that gold effect, never tried NMM before.

thanks for any tips and help :)

Oh great work and good luck meeting your deadline.

Ravenheart
13-07-2008, 14:22
Those look really great, keep it up!

swifty2
13-07-2008, 14:25
They are absoloutely amazing mate, love the models and the bases look absoloutely awesome.

Azanulbizar
13-07-2008, 16:36
Nice minis! I realy love the jetbikes and terminators...
What helmets are you using on the terminators?

proximity
13-07-2008, 22:29
Fantastic, just fantastic.

you have raised the bar very high for anyone wanting to do a EC army now!

I have one question if I may, could you do a quick write up on how you did your gold metal areas, I was about to paint a squad of marines and would love to try out that gold effect, never tried NMM before.

thanks for any tips and help :)

Oh great work and good luck meeting your deadline.

I just paint
1. Dark Flesh
2. Dark Flesh + Vermin Brown (about half and half)
3. Vermin Brown
4. Vermin Brown + Vomit Brown (about half and half)
5. Vomit Brown
6. Vomit Brown + Sunburst Yellow (about half and half)
7. Step 6 + Bleached Bone
8. Step 7 + some more bleached bone
9. Step 8 + some skull white

I got the recipe from Vincent Hud(s?)ons Magmatrix tutuorial, I reccomend searching for it, as he desribes how to apply the recipe in a much better way than what I've wound up using :D

proximity
13-07-2008, 22:30
The helms used are the standard termie heads, cut down with holes drilled in :D

Luthien
13-07-2008, 22:43
C'mon Proximity mate i'm dying waiting for updates :D

craigpearson81
16-07-2008, 14:12
This one of the best blogs I've seen in ages, awesome work all round. Can't wait to see more of this. :D

heinrichvoncarstein
16-07-2008, 14:39
Amazing.... you've never thought about entering one of those uber cool jetbikes in gd have you??? just paint it really good and you have a shot at winning man

dblaz3r
29-07-2008, 10:04
I really like the way you paint your skin, any chance of a small tutorial?
Looking forward to this update, 2 weeks until your deadline.

Xarius
15-08-2008, 23:42
come on, i need some updates, you are my favourite PH guy and i need some updates.

RTB01
16-08-2008, 00:35
could we get a group shot?... amazing models!

blood_god
21-08-2008, 15:55
hey proximity, i saw some guy at call to arms steal your idea for the jetbikes! the shame! :D

zarelexis
21-08-2008, 18:23
hey proximity, i saw some guy at call to arms steal your idea for the jetbikes! the shame! :D

Why not? I know I plan to *-)