PDA

View Full Version : Farscape Appreciation.

ArtificerArmour
04-09-2005, 17:44
now that your favourite person-with-the-name-of-wargear has the enitre collection of farscape (well...except peacekeeper wars...) i just wanted to share my absolute joy of this series with everyone.

i've currently re watched upto about episode 18 of series 3 (just after revenging angel, the episode revolving heavily around looney tunes). i gotta say, its still as great as when i first watched it about 3 years ago. its fantastic, its dry wit, plot twists, character development, character design and not to mention costumes!

so come on. whats everyone's favourite episode?

Kohhna
04-09-2005, 17:47
Favourite, hard to say, but anything that features Scorpius is always a pleasure. Possibly the one where John appears to be back home, but isn't buying it for a minute and has only the Scorpius implant to guide him. So funny, thrilling and breaks with so many Sci-Fi TV conventions it has to be a work of pure genius.

ArtificerArmour
04-09-2005, 17:52
won't be fooled again, i believe was the episode where a scarran was trying to make john believe he was back home in an attempt to send him insane, and reveal the wormhole technology. it would have worked if john wasn't already slightly mad. rygel in bondage gear and crais in high heels is something that would send me mad...

athamas
04-09-2005, 20:32
ooo farscape.....

i watched nearly all of it in the correct order, and have seen peacekeeper wars...

hmmmm *remembers watchin 4+ eppisodes back to back at uni most nights for a week*
[we had the whole lot..]

that episode is great, as john has had to live through it before so is not fooled [he had the elien encounter!]

'scratch and sniff' has got to be one of the best i have seen... it stars browners wife, and is soo sooo funny!
And Crackers dont matter..... its the point at which the full character of jhon appears, where he starts to go mad.... and you get the best quote 'Humans are superior !'

Scorpie is always great,

ermmm [looking though my nice book] Back and back and back to the future is also very funny, reminds me of the repeating stargate day....

all the episodes with PK tech girl in them are also great!

Stark is... well stark raving mad! so always good to watch... [best quote would be the whole 'my side, your side, my side , your side' Bit]

out of their mids is also good, just for the comedy that hapens between the characters... [jhon in aeryn's body is the best...]

then of cource there is liars, guns & money... where the heist goes completly wrong!

i have not got a list of seasons 3 and 4, but they are good, i just cant name the eppisodes!

It is my aim to get the boxed sets at some point..

but back to the point, fav. 2 eppisodes are scratch and sniff, and crackers dont matter!

Snoozer
04-09-2005, 21:48
It's been a while since I watched farscape (I really should buy the DVD's), but what I remember Crackers Don't Matter, was hilarious, so I'd say that's my favorite episode.

:D

The pestilent 1
04-09-2005, 23:28
rygel in bondage gear and crais in high heels is something that would send me mad...
oh. that episode.
last one i can remember watching, (except peacekeep wars mind)
id always thought myself all-but immune to embaressment and mentally damagin images.
nope. :cries:

Minister
04-09-2005, 23:55
The two-parter of the Shadow Deposatory, purley for Natria and for Zhan's rather cool outfit.

The end sequence of the final season was also rather awesome, from the "because I can" speach from Aeryn in the torture chambers to Jhon's "I am an American" rant to the Scaren Emperor.

And Peacekeeper Wars for making Farscape join B5, Buffy and DS9 as shows with an Ending as oposed to merley the bit where they stopped making more.

athamas
05-09-2005, 07:08
one of the things about farscape was tht if you missed a few eppisodes as so much would happen it would take you a week to figure out what happened!

ArtificerArmour
05-09-2005, 09:18
yeah, i think season 3's the worst, because it had two (even three) crightons!

Wintermute
05-09-2005, 18:35
My favourite episode has to be Revenging Angel with its homage to Chuck Jones cartoons.

BTW I only need the Season 4 boxset to complete my collection.

Artificer Armour - how come you don't have The Peacekeeper Wars? Its been out for months, even in Huddersfield.

ArtificerArmour
05-09-2005, 19:36
well i've only just got season 4, and i'm waiting for the price to drop abit. i've not finished my season 3 yet either, so i'm in no rush to get myself pk'ed just yet.

Koraath
05-09-2005, 19:58
one of the best episodes has to be "Scratch and Sniff" or the "We're so Screwed" trilogy but the whole damn thing is great