PDA

View Full Version : 1k Skaven Force

Lantorel
10-10-2007, 21:47
Yea, so i'm getting back into the gaming scene by bringing back (and repainting) my old skaven force. Not too aquainted with the new rules but heres a 1k force im thinking of - please critique

Characters

Warplightning Engineer
- Blades and condensor
- Scroll and Storm Daemon

Chieftain (BSB)
- Warbanner

Points - 215

Core

25 Clanrats w/ full command (x2)
- 1 with RG

24 Slaves

4 groups of Giant rats

9 Night runners w/ 2h weps

Points - 591

Special

18 Plague Monks w/ full command
- SB w/ Banner of Burning Hatred

Points - 194

Total pnts - 1k
Total models - 132

Heromaniac
11-10-2007, 04:52
First, it look pretty good

But one wizard will not do much. I usually take two. They need to be fully upgraded without the pistol(does it have a use:confused:).

Clanrat are your best unit so swap giant rats for clanrats. You can get a 20 clanrat unit with full command for 5 pts more than the giant rats. And they're not likely to flee(as giant rats usually do) and will do more damage. It is almost a law for the skaven to take 2 clanrats unit.

Then I would swap the banner on the plague priest for the Umbranner. They need to get in the enemy's line and it will do just fine. They won't get killed on the way, at least not all of them. And then... you look at them pummeling the opponent:evilgrin:

Go now and lay ruin for the Council of Thirteen and the Horned Rat.

Heromaniac
11-10-2007, 04:56
Clanrat are your best unit so swap giant rats for clanrats. You can get a 20 clanrat unit with full command for 5 pts more than the giant rats. And they're not likely to flee(as giant rats usually do) and will do more damage. It is almost a law for the skaven to take 2 clanrats unit.

Sorry, I didn't read your list well:(. But would still change the giant rats. Maybe for a second warplock or rat swarms.

gerrymander61
11-10-2007, 07:06
I would also try to get another engineer in as well. What you could do is drop 2 giant rat packs and then split the remaining two up into two units. That way you have more units to deploy, more flexibility, and the units are still M6 that can negate ranks. I'd also drop the night runners. Having a unit that size is a liability because the enemy can easily kill 3-4, then laugh as your screen flees through the rest of your units spreading panic.
Then all you do is pick up another engineer.

Oh, i'd also reccomend dropping the unit champions from your units. droppnig the three of them will almost buy you a 2nd unit of slaves, which is far more useful than 3 attacks.

Lantorel
11-10-2007, 14:54
The thing is, i was tempted to get the second engineer, but i was worrying whether it would taste a bit too much like :cheese: (i've had people whine about one ratling gun -.-) Also - with one 3d6 spell and the storm daemon, im sure i can get a few shots off at least...hopefully =p

On to the NRtho - initially i had planned on them being a screen for the Plague monks - im not too clear on the new rules since i'm just getting back into the game, but since they're immune to psych from frenzy, does that negate the "flee through our ranks and cause panic" rule?

But yea - hows this for a more rounded list, i guess (still keeping out the second engineer - 3 heroes in 1k points is a bit much... and i value the reroll from the BSB esp with my low ld)

Characters

Warplightning Engineer
- Blades and condensor

Chieftain (BSB)
- Warbanner

Points - 215

Core

25 Clanrats w/ full command (x2)
- 1 with RG

24 Slaves w/ musician
25 slaves w/ musician

2 Giant rat packs (seperate squads)

17 Night runners

Points - 591

Special

18 Plague Monks w/ full command
- SB w/ Banner of Burning Hatred

Points - 194

Total pnts - 1k
Total models - 151

Thanks for the feedback so far!

gerrymander61
11-10-2007, 18:39
Being immune to psychology would make them immune to panic caused by the nighrunners fleeing through them. Good catch, I missed that. Your unit of Night Runners does not need to be that big however. Try cutting that unit down to 7. A unit of 7 will last just as long as a unit of 17 will when used as a screen i.e. being shot at and subjected to panic tests. That gives you 50 points. Then, drop the two champions from your clanrat units and you now have 20 more points. Suddenly, you have 70 points at your disposal. With 70 points, you could add a squad of 4 Tunnel Runners with poisoned hand weapons. Nice way to round out the list with the capability to silencing the enemy's artillery. Oh, and then you could give your chieftan heavy armour.

Fall from grace
23-05-2009, 21:24
Warplightning Engineer
- Blades and condensor

I would drop the Storm Daemon and get a super-charged warp-power accumulator instead. then use the extra PD to cast warplighting and save yourself 10pts