PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer in NZ

daryl_ks
13-04-2005, 04:03
I have recently moved to NZ and am living in Hamilton...

Are there any NZers currently cruising the new Portent forums who are aware of clubs in and around HAmilton??

Cheers!

Daryl

Delicious Soy
13-04-2005, 10:04
IIRC Lord Lucifer's a Kiwi. And a mod. While we Australians don't. Damn Kiwis! :p

disruptor_fe404
13-04-2005, 10:09
No idea about Hamiltr0n, but if you're up in Auckland I'm sure a couple others of us may be able to help. There used to be the KGB (Kiwi Gamer's Battlegroup) around on the old Portent, but not sure about these days.

Where did you move from? And better yet, move to Auckland! Hamilton's a bit of a hole.

Lord Lucifer
13-04-2005, 10:13
The Hamilton Immortals are, suprise suprise, from Hamilton
They hosted the Over The Top tournament not long ago, I believe, possibly February. It's an annual event

Also, if you don't mind travelling great distance (an hour or so drive), you can give my Averlanders/Gobbos/Lizzies/Stunties/Norsc a good kicking at the South Auckland Miniature Wargames Club in Drury
It's within walking distance of some truly fantastic pies* ;)
Mmmmm, Steak & Cheese...

*well actually the quality has kind of dropped lately, about 3 years ago though, you'd kill your own grandmother for a bite of those pies.
I miss them so much :(

TheHood
13-04-2005, 10:44
I'm based in Hamilton, (not for much longer though) and the only club really is the Hamilton Immortals, as Lucy said.
It is based at the Hamilton Gardens, and I think they meet up on the first and last Sunday of the month (although I am not too sure about that.)

The best place to get any sort of information about the gaming around here is in Mark One, which is an excellent store which caters for all tastes (even 40K players :p )

Chris is really approachable and the store is run by a great bunch of lads. It is in Victoria Street if you don't know of it - definately check it out.

Cheers

daryl_ks
14-04-2005, 03:22
Cheers for all the info guys... I defnitely intend on getting up to Auckland... and yes Hamilton is a bit of a hole but I was originally gonna be living in ROTORUA... so I'm moving up in the world... Who knows, maybe one day I'll get to Auckland... (or at least the Bombays)

Hey Lucifer, I seem to remember chatting to you quite a bit previously concerning Averlanders... All of my armies are currently boxed up in shipping so it may be quite a while before my Averlander army gets itself back on track...

I just moved from Taiwan, so am still experiencing a bit of reverse culture shock!

Cheers!

Daryl

bugbait_nz
14-04-2005, 05:49
Found this on The City Guard site
http://www.thecityguard.com/

Hamilton Immortals Miniature Wargames Club
Secretary, Box 353, Hamilton, 07 847 3512. hamiltonimmortals@hotmail.com
Knighton Road Normal School Hall, Knighton Road. 1st/3rd/5th Sundays 10-5.

Cambridge Gamers Club
Bobby Grindrod, bobkath@ihug.co.nz bobkath@ihug.co.nz
Red Cross Hall, Milicich Place. 2nd/4th Sundays. 12-5.

Hope it up to date . . . .

Bugbait out

MVA
14-04-2005, 11:32
Might as well put the link to the SAMWC site here too, while we're listing the clubs. ;p

http://www.hrs.org.nz/samwc/

zeakdecker
15-04-2005, 20:48
Immortals isn't too bad, a lot of newbies, one or two good players and a range of armies.

In the Hamilton area, there is also a club at Cambridge that have some more mature gamers, at a range of experience from really good painters and players to a number of guys who want to have fun.

When keen far a game, I go to both clubs, but I'd recommend Cambridge Club for Warhammer since most of the better guys from immortals go there as well. It can be a little difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area, so you can ph me (Craig) on Hamilton 849-1456.

Immortals meets every 1st, 3rd and 5th sunday of the month, Cambridge every 2nd,4th and 5th.

All i can say about Hamilton is give it a chance - its not too bad, and Auckland isn't too far away. We usually game with a lot of the Aucklanders 3-4 times a year through respective competitions.

daryl_ks
16-04-2005, 04:41
Cheers Zeakdecker...

It's sad to say but my playing prowess leaves a heck of a lot to be desired... (maybe I'd better join in with the noobees...hahaha)

I am much more interested in the painting, modelling, and terrain building side of things (much to the detriment of my pocket, and much to the ire of my wife...)

Cheers!

Daryl

zeakdecker
20-04-2005, 10:34
I would definately suggest that you check out both clubs. Cambridge has some some good painters and modelling.

grotnob
26-10-2005, 23:44
The Immortals are also going to be running the Nationals next Easter as well.
Should be a good competition.

sulla
27-10-2005, 06:38
I am much more interested in the painting, modelling, and terrain building side of things (much to the detriment of my pocket, and much to the ire of my wife...)

Cheers!

Daryl

Hehe, tell me about it...:D

Gratnuk Ironfist
15-11-2005, 06:37
I hale from Coast Gaurd in Hibiscous Coast, the club is a branch of city gaurd.
Any of you kiwi players interested in joining an all kiwi team and we take on the aussies in their GT across the ditch. It wont be immediate just something to keep in mind.

devolutionary
15-11-2005, 06:46
Hey there's a lot of kiwis here who aren't in the KGB. That's kinda funny. I guess us spamalots must scare y'all or something ;)

Aurelien
15-11-2005, 06:50
Yeah, I see loads of people here! Come on, introduce yourselves in the KGB, link in my sig:) Dont bother trying to read the 90 odd pages of its, just jump right in! We're a very sociable bunch is all. Shooting the **** in a way that kiwis understand;) Keeping each other informed about NZ tourneys etc. Plus, we have a battlebarge group if any of you want in.

We'ed be glad to have you all.

vypyr
15-11-2005, 19:29
Mmmmm, Steak & Cheese...

*well actually the quality has kind of dropped lately

i could make some cheeky comment about pies, you, and dropping, but i wont :D

but yeah, all these kiwis need to go to the KGB thread and introduce yourself. theres plenty of warhammer opponents in there!

Gratnuk Ironfist
15-11-2005, 22:46
The KGB?What does it stand for and where is it in the forum?

Aurelien
15-11-2005, 22:49
Kiwi Gamers Battlegroup!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1830

Gratnuk Ironfist
16-11-2005, 08:04
Sounds cool, where do I have to go? (Would any of you know a Troy O'Dea by chance?)

Skink Master
16-11-2005, 08:23
Troy O'dea? Isn't he with the City Guard?

Lord Lucifer
19-11-2005, 09:25
Troy O'Dea? Yeah I know Troy.
He killed my Baby Squiggoth :cries:
But at least Baby Squiggy lived long enough to eat a beekee, can't say the same of my Gargantuan Squiggy, kinda, well, died in the first turn to Genestealers (damn rending)

Anyway, yep, they popped down to South Aucks for a game when their hall was in use, good bunch of guys the Guards are.

i could make some cheeky comment about pies, you, and dropping, but i wont :D

but yeah, all these kiwis need to go to the KGB thread and introduce yourself. theres plenty of warhammer opponents in there!
Hey, that pie was pushed man, I know the truth! :mad:

The Kiwi Gamers Battlegroup can be found in the Tournaments and Games Day forum, along with all other Regional Opponent Finders
And FYI to lead anyone else finding this thread useful, in the right direction

Gratnuk Ironfist
20-11-2005, 19:25
Awesome, Troy is the head organiser for the club here at Orewa "Coats Gaurd". Well he was till Izzy and Sam were struck with cancer, but just so you know they're doing really well now and I might see him this weekend. Any of you from hamilton immortals?