PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen 1500

sqri
04-09-2005, 20:44
What do you think about this armylist? Any suggestions?

Heroes:

Skink Priest - 100pts
-lvl2
-general

Skink Priest - 175pts
-lvl2
-Mark of the Old Ones
-Cube of Darkness

Skink Priest - 135pts
-lvl2
-Diadem of Power

--------------------------------------------

Core:

12 Skink Skirmishers - 72pts
-Blowpipe

-Blowpipe

-Blowpipe

-Blowpipe

Special:

3 Kroxigors - 174pts

20 Saurus Warriors - 300pts
-full command group
-Mark of Quetzl

Rare:

20 Saurus Warriors - 330pts
-full command group
-Mark of Quetzl
-Mark of Tepok

Casting pool: 8
Dispel pool : 6
+-2 dices from Diadem of Power

I've played some battles with Lizardmen and I think Sarus Warriors are so good ;) that they don't need Scar Vets to fight with almost everything. That's why a I took 3 Priests. My tactic: two blocks of Saurus Warrios go straight to the enemy :) ,Kroxigors and Skinks protect flanks (Skinks are living shields for Saurus) and Priests go between blocks.

RdDragon5
05-09-2005, 20:11
Just a question what happens when a big rock from a stone thrower crushes half your saurus? Meaning what are you going to do about war machines and other wizards? Scout some skinks, or something. This is why most lists have a scar-vet with the Jaguar charm, he can run up and kill crews or single models.

Just my 2 Canadian cents.

The Black Knight
05-09-2005, 21:50
:D It is a very speedy force but i would drop the saurus and go for there cavalry counterparts

sqri
06-09-2005, 07:51
Just a question what happens when a big rock from a stone thrower crushes half your saurus? Meaning what are you going to do about war machines and other wizards? Scout some skinks, or something. This is why most lists have a scar-vet with the Jaguar charm, he can run up and kill crews or single models.

Just my 2 Canadian cents.

I used to take a Scar Vet with Jaguar Charm. When he charged a war machine or sth the reaction was always flee and my poor little Vet stood in the middle of battlefield. ;) Then he was an easy target for shooters and chargers. For 120pts I could take 2 units of skinks and I have free hero slot.
(If I take only one Scar-vet he must be general and loosing him would be very bad :) ) Skinks can kill warmachine's crew too (for less points). Don't forget about magic.

And you are right. I should take some scouts.

Cheers

Hasmed
06-09-2005, 09:44
I would drop 2 skinks from 2 units since having 12 skinks is the same as having 10 for panic checks.
You should use the extra points to make them scout in order to handle warmachines and possibly lone mages.
IMO 3 characters are too much in 1500 points but that depends on your metagame enviroment really.