PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Lag During Gameplay

Boondock Saint
04-09-2005, 21:02
Alright, I know I have covered this before, but I have never quite gotten an answer that I needed, nor has anyone actually taken the time to help me.

Here is the deal, when I play counter-strike, it works great for about 10 minutes, no lag, no slow downs, no hitches EVER. Then after aout that 8-10 minute mark I get nailed by a huge lag spike... and although it still, for me, shows a ping of around 30-60 I imagine the lag is equivalent to about 4000-5000 (thats not a joke). This will last for about 1 - 2 minutes then it will work fine again. But once it first hits, there will be more, and they come quicker.

Now, what I did was put CS into a window, and then monitor my system through the Windows Task Manager. What I get is that every time the lag spikes happen , for some reason the System (there are two processes, the System and the System Idle Process) jacks up to about 97-99% where it is usually around < 15% while playing games.

Now, before you go off about how I need more memory, system, etc... thats not it, I have 640 MB of RAM and a fairly new computer. The only thing I can think of is that my Graphics card (GeForce4 4200 Go) is a total piece of ****. But before I reformatted my computer the first time it worked absolutely fine with CS, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, etc...

I don't know what the **** to do now. Someone please help.

Sylass
04-09-2005, 21:14
I think one thread about this is enough. ;)

-> link (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10726)