PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help

UncleCrazy
11-10-2007, 18:16
Ok I have been making some Eldar Pirates, But I can not decide what colors I want to paint them. Here is the problem most people are gonig to say paint them black and red (real pirates colors) but so many armies in 40k are black and red. I was going to do Blue and White, but I am not liking how it is going right now.... looking too much like direavengers (not that that is bad just not piraty enough for me)

So what do you think?

By the way it is 400 pts of conversions.

MadJackMcJack
11-10-2007, 18:24
Black and blue or white and red?

Plus real pirate colours wouldv'e been a mixture of dirty whites and browns. But then again, they also weren't known for their uniforms.

Nargus
11-10-2007, 18:25
I would paint them like rastas, so green, yellow and red.

It might just work :D

UncleCrazy
11-10-2007, 18:27
I was just thinking white and violet. Black and Red are what would look the best IF there were not soo many other armies that use them. Where as Violet is not a common color.

Marinox
11-10-2007, 18:29
when i painted my DE (not the same thing, i know) i didn't want them to be the typical black/purple, black/whatever. so i painted them blue and white, at least the troops anyway.

and as long as you keep it a darker shade of blue with a "dirty" looking white, i think they look great. though i lose points at tourney's and what not because it's not what snobby "hobbists" expect to see.

Bregalad
11-10-2007, 22:17
It is a bit stupid to say: Please paint them these colours, if we don't know your taste.
Space Pirates can be painted any colour you like.
Have a look at warseer Eldar paint threads, at the GW Eldar website, at www.coolminiornot.com or whatever to find a painting scheme that you like and copy it.