PDA

View Full Version : The Pouges

Brother_McBeaner
13-04-2005, 05:17
Does anyone here listen to them, or anything else by Shane MacGowan?

worldshatterer
13-04-2005, 09:31
well i was raised on 'rum, sodomy and the lash', and as i've got older i sometimes have moments of weakness where i like if i should fall from the grace of god' .

nothings better than thinking nobody else listens to the pogues, then finding them on a pub jukebox, when 'dirty old town' came on the whole pub sang along!oh the joys of my days of underage drinking.

hairyman
13-04-2005, 09:53
Yup, the Pogues rock. Gap toothed boozer Shane is actually remarkably intelligent and articulate if you've ever seen/read an interview with him where he's been sober enough to to speak.

"If I should fall from the grace of God"' is my personal favourite.

Kohhna
13-04-2005, 11:18
Oh yeah. I saw Shane and The Popes (his new band) at the West Belfast Feile.

I totally love the pouges. I too was raised on Rum Sodomy and the Lash (though I didn't start listening to the Pouges until I was 16:)).

Brother_McBeaner
14-04-2005, 00:01
It's good to know there are other people on here that love them, my favorite track is thousands are sailing and recruiting sergeant.

I enjoy how I brought in a picture of Shane with a guinness and convinced my class he was the Irish prime minister. Fun.

Sgt John Keel
15-04-2005, 16:16
Only for Christmas. Bought my dad their 'Best of' album for his birthday though. They're not too bad really...

/Adrian