PDA

View Full Version : NurgleBitch's Chaos Marines

NurglesBitch
11-10-2007, 20:34
Hi all,

I have wanted to do a project log for some time, to give me a little more motivation to get me to complete an army!

So.....lets get on!

I am gonna start off with the models as I build them (and then the painted versions later). And I am gonna start right from the top, with my HQ.

So first up in this log is my Chaos Lord.

As much as I like new toys, I also like to play around with the old ones a bit too and make something a little more unique.

I wanted my Lord to be in power armour too, but wasn't overly satisfied with the options on either of the standard models you get in the blister, so I got the bits all separate and scoured by bits box for the rest!

So I made him by using the Chaos Lord/Lieutenant body (with power axe), dropped on a Berserker bolt pistol in his left hand and used a suitably leering head from the Empire Flagellants (as I wanted him quite gaunt and scarred, so this was perfect). And finally I added a Raptor backpack (but repositioned it on the body as it didn't sit well where it would have gone) and then greenstuffed in some fur on the back.

I look forward to your opinions.

Arcane_Blade
11-10-2007, 20:38
I like it, the head suits the Chaos models perfectly. In the first photo, there's something out of place with the jet pack. It just seems like it isn't quite sitting on the model.

However, in the second shot it looks perfectly fine, so it's all good. ;)

Good stuff, looking forward to more progress. :)

NurglesBitch
11-10-2007, 20:40
I like it, the head suits the Chaos models perfectly. In the first photo, there's something out of place with the jet pack. It just seems like it isn't quite sitting on the model.

A bad angle can really make a good model look bad (which is what I find with a lot of the GW online pics) - so that is why I tend to do a couple different shots.

NurglesBitch
11-10-2007, 20:43
Next up I have a batch of Elites - my Chosen Marines.

With these guys I wanted to have uniform look about them - as well as make them stand out from all the other Marines. So they all have matching bolters, there is a method to the helmets (full helmets on special weapons, respirator heads on bolters) and I even chose specific backpacks for the chosen.

It is a bit of pain to collect all the heads you need, but I think it is worth it in the end.

NurglesBitch
11-10-2007, 20:47
Finally (for now) I have my version of the Raptors. Now before anyone says anything, I have a reason for doing them like this.

The background for my Renegades states that these Marines have not long turned to Chaos, so alot of the gear comes from the chapter that they belonged to previously (with some chaos embellishments). This theme runs through my army (as you will see with the Havocs (once they are built)).

I think though with the right helmets, and finding a use for that cock legged berserker stance they come out rather nicely!

Daniel36
11-10-2007, 21:23
You know what, whatever anyone says, these look way cooler than the original raptors! Keep up!

I myself am going to build a Nurgle Chaos army mainly out of the normal Space Marine range.... Conversion mayhem!! But first I need to finish all my other stuff :D

Anyways, hope to see some paintwork soon! Keep up!!!

HowlingBanshee23
11-10-2007, 22:59
Those raptors are pretty sweet! Also I like the idea for the Chosen - I've done something similar with my squads, giving squad-mates the same style of armour. Is good!

firestorm40k
12-10-2007, 07:00
Nice conversions on the Lord and Raptors! :cool: Looking forward to seeing how this army will develop :cool:

NurglesBitch
12-10-2007, 14:13
thanks for the encouraging words guys!!

I will make sure to keep you posted as I work through things (I am a bit slow) and get to the painting stage!

NurglesBitch
25-10-2007, 17:04
Small update (as I am waiting for some primed models to dry so I can get on with more painting tonight).

I did this test paint scheme, that won't make it into my final army (cos it just aint nurgle) but I liked the way that the flesh came out and it has spurred me onto sorting out my chosen squad very soon!