PDA

View Full Version : questions re: bitz on new (v4) Marine plastics...

Gorblitz
04-09-2005, 23:33
I'm just getting back into 40k after having left roughly when v3 was up and going. I'm working on a renegade/chaos Marine army, and am in need of some bits. I haven't had the chance to see any of the new plastics up close, and I have a few questions I hope you all might help me with:

1) the v3 plastic assault marines bitz included a hand holding a grenade. Surfing GW's website, I can see that there are several bitz on the new assault sprue, but not if this particular bit has been carried on. Does the v4 plastics (if not in the assault, then the Tacs?) still have this bit?

2) I assume the v4 tactical squad still has a beekee helmet?

3) I've heard from somewhere that the new tactical plastics include the old studded mark of shoulderpad (maybe one or two per sprue). Is this true?

I apologize for having to ask what might seem to be dumb questions, but this army project is going to be a bit pricey given some of my self-imposed aesthetic preferences, and among other things I want to know if I'll need to be hitting up the older assault marine kits for the aforementioned grenade-carrying hand and whatnot, or if I'll be needing to supplement my v3 SM plastics horde if indeed plastic studded shoulderpads are available in the new plastics. I've been surfing GW's website, but even when they do show component sprues, the pics tend to be just a bit too small for me to make out exactly what some of the details are, esp on the smaller bits.

Thanks in advance!

Gorblitz
05-09-2005, 00:59
Thanks for the info, Nurglitch.

One more question I forgot to ask: is the "command legs sprue" listed as a component of the Devastator Box only available in that box? AFAIK it isn't listed in any of the other Marine squad boxes (tac, command, commander).

I don't really need a Dev squad, so I'm wondering if I need to bitz order that sprue from GW or if it comes in any of the other boxes..?

Again, TIA.

lord_blackfang
05-09-2005, 09:17
It is also in the Battleforce (as part of the Comm. squad I suppose)

insaniak
05-09-2005, 21:07
According to the UK Online (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=300866&orignav=10) store both the Devastator squad and the Command Squad contain the "Space Marine Command Legs Sprue" as components.

The online store is wrong. Only the Devastator box contains that sprue.

Brimstone
05-09-2005, 21:09
The command squad was supposed to contain it but early production problems caused it's substitution and I don't know if they have swapped it back in yet or left it as is.

de Selby
06-09-2005, 11:01
A related question;

have GW started putting the 4th ed. marine sprues into the Blood Angel, Space Wolves and Dark Angel boxes yet? For example, the SW blood claws box (from memory) used to contain tac squad bodies and legs, assault squad arms, and the SW sprue. These days they could just put in the new assault marines bodies, running legs n' arms sprue plus the space wolves sprue, right?

Are they doing this? Or are they using these sets as a way to use up the old 3rd ed. sprues?

Keravin
06-09-2005, 12:37
Bought Command Squad, Dark Angels Tactical and the Blood Angels Honour Guard boxes last month and they were all the old sprues.

Brimstone
06-09-2005, 12:40
Or are they using these sets as a way to use up the old 3rd ed. sprues?

That's very probable indeed.

de Selby
06-09-2005, 15:18
Ho hum. As soon as I saw the new assault marine sprue (clearly designed with units on foot in mind, judging from the extra breastplates and backpacks) I started looking forward to a blood claws box with running legs. Looks like I'll have to wait.

Thanks Keravin, Brimstone.

Gethalorre
06-09-2005, 16:16
Or you could order the sprues separately? :)

Keravin
06-09-2005, 19:06
Or you could order the sprues separately? :)

No you can't as the only legs sprue available at the the moment is the crouching one.