PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Slaanesh

Coenono
12-10-2007, 19:46
Its been awhile since ive posted a list as i have been attempting to find my own way. But my friends want to play at 2500pts now so I wanted to try something different.

Lord MoS - Barded steed, Blade of Blood, Pendant of Slaanesh Chaos armour and sheild

Shaman MoS lvl 2- power stone and dispell scroll

Sorc MoS lvl 2- Power Familar

Sor MoU lvl 2- 2 Dispell Scrolls

5 Chosen Mos stb war banner

2x 20 Marauders fc w/ flails, la, sheilds

5 Marauder Horsemen Musican and flails

Bestherd - 6gors xhw 15 ungors Full Command

5 Mounted Deamonettes

10 Furies

4 Minotaurs MoS w/ Great Weapons

4 Fiends of Slaanesh

Basic idea is to have the furies screen the deamonettes and Knights on one flank. Actually what i want to do is kinda fake out my enemy by atcually chargeing out of the knights unit with the general. He will pray on small units till he has enough wounds/ attacks to cause some really damage to the rest of the army. While moveing the knights further down the flank. That way when i break a unit i dont have to spend all day trying to reform them. That way when the knights charge they are already faceing down flank of the enemy. The deamons can support the general or go after loners or war machines ect.

The herd will screen the Minotaurs on the other flank and the Horsemen will line up here as well.

The center of the board will have my 2 big units of Marauders with sorc in both these units. They can add the ld bonus and cast spells while hoofing it down the lines. I gave them flails just in cause they run into some well armoured foes and everyone else is tied up. The spawns will fit in here radomly where i think they are need most to tie things up. More than likely 2 of them will be near the center to help protect the flanks of the larger units.

theunwantedbeing
12-10-2007, 20:01
You dont need 10 furies, dropping 4 of them would get you 2 5 man warhound units to screen your troops with.

Your sorcerer's would do better to be mounted really but otherwise its a decent enough list.

Coenono
12-10-2007, 21:55
@theunwantedbeing: Thanks for the advise. I was trying to think about how to get some hounds in there. The only thing i worry about is the furies not being able to have enough wounds to get at war machines. Any thoughts?

One thing i thought about was putting the general on a steed of slaanesh. But then he can be picked out of a unit correct? Im kinda confused on that one.

Boneknight
12-10-2007, 23:41
no he cannot. HE is not a large target. Hits are randomizeed between him and the steed. I love your lord. I play chaos and posted a very similar list of the same amount of pts a month ago. It was 5 knights, 5 mounted daemonettes, 2x20 marauders, the lord (I arm him with the blade of blood, pendant of slaanesh, and bane shield on a steed of slaanesh,) buy the way drop the sield on your lord otherwise noone will be able to wound him and he'll just have to rely on his blade of blood. I have two sorcerors also.

There arae a few differences. Instead of a minotaur unit (which I can opt it out for) I have a shaggoth. IT is insanely effective when used correctly. Him and the #5 spell+the #2 spell won on the lore of slaanesh won me a game. I don't use my spawn (although they are effective and you should use, I do sometimes) I don't have marauder horsemen, I dropped my furies for daemonettes. My key unit is 18 chosen, MoS, full command, additional hand weapons. And my knight unit is chosen

Coenono
18-10-2007, 03:11
Ok revised list

Lord MoS - Barded steed, Blade of Blood, Pendant of Slaanesh Chaos armour and sheild

Shaman MoS lvl 2- power stone and dispell scroll

Sorc MoS lvl 2- Power Familar

Sor MoU lvl 2- 2 Dispell Scrolls

5 Chosen Mos stb war banner

2x 20 Marauders fc w/ flails, la, sheilds

5 Marauder Horsemen Musican and flails

2x5 warhounds

Bestherd - 6gors xhw 15 ungors Full Command

5 Mounted Deamonettes

6Furies

4 Minotaurs MoS w/ Great Weapons

4 Fiends of Slaanesh

Warhounds just seem to get in my way maybe im not useing them correctly. Some advise on how exactly to screen positioning ect would help. But Ill give them another shot. Also should I try to find points for MoS on the thrid magic. I was planning on useing fire lore or do these not go well together.

chaos-nightwing
23-10-2007, 08:22
dont. leave the third one MoU is good. u need some longer rand magic missils rather than all slaneesh spells. put more marauders in with just la and shields. i said 30 will be good. prababally more if u have spare points. war hound will be better to have 6 ina uint rather than 5 cause when they run bc of the 25% casulity rules, they are realily going to get in the way! have they in 6 and they will do u a lot goods. they can capture table quarters ans very cheap too. they can use as flank, rear and destraction on enemy. also use them to block line of sight of enemy long rangers so they cannot shoot at ur other armys. need more suggestion, just ask and i will be more than gladlly to answer. ^-^