PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings questions

havoc626
13-10-2007, 12:43
I've been reading the TK army book and a couple of questions arose when I was thinking about what to take for my next battle.

1. Do undead constructs still follow the standard undead rules for TK? e.g. Cannot march. This is because it doesn't say that they follow the rules, just that they are an undead construct and that says follow the loss of wounds rule, with a bonus.

2. In many of the core choices it says "One unit may be equipped with a magic banner worth up to 25/50 pts. Can only one of these units take a magic banner per army? i.e. 1 skeleton warrior unit, 1 heavy cavalry unit and 1 chariot unit in an army.

I know that these might seem like stupid questions, but I need to make sure that I'm using all of the correct rules that I need to.

Atrahasis
13-10-2007, 12:53
1. Page 20 "All models in the Tomb Kings army list are Undead"

2. That's right, one unit of each type per army. Note that Skel Warriors can only take one if your general is a TK.

havoc626
13-10-2007, 12:59
Ok, thanks for that, I just wanted to make sure that they were the right rules before I (try to) kill another army that stands in the way of the reclaimation of Settra's kingdom.

sherigon
16-10-2007, 04:24
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have a question to ask. I had a game the other night and it was the bottom of the 6th turn. My casket of souls was in combat with an Ogre Tyrant. He was able to kill off my Heirophant which cause my army to check for crumble. The tomb guard from the casket passed their leadership check so they remained intact. Combat resolution ended up in a tie because he was fighting uphill. That left the casket at the end of my turn without a Heirophant but still with crew. Would points be awarded for the casket since it would not destroyed until the beginning of my next turn as stated in the rules. The difference in out points totals was so close by not giving him points I could draw by awarding him points he would get a victory. We agreed that basically the casket was still intact so he was not awarded points. That seems wrong to me. I would like some clarification on this from the experts on this forum.

Bloodknight
16-10-2007, 05:16
The casket crumbles at once when there's no lich in 2" of it. The TG would have died without checking.

Masque
16-10-2007, 06:35
The casket crumbles at once when there's no lich in 2" of it. The TG would have died without checking.

That is simply not true. You need to read the Casket rules again.

I would not count the Casket as destroyed for victory points in this situation.

Menset
16-10-2007, 10:54
Masque has it right here, he would not get any points for the casket as it only destroys itself if there is no LP crewing it at the beginning of your next turn...So it was still in the game.

Bloodknight
16-10-2007, 12:34
Oops, I overlooked that it was the last turn - I read it that you played the casket after the lich died. In that case it would have crumbled.

He Who Is Him
16-10-2007, 19:38
No points for the casket, but he does get the points for your priest

sherigon
17-10-2007, 11:38
Thanks for all the answers. I figured that the opinions would support not giving points for the casket, just for the liche priest.

alextroy
18-10-2007, 04:50
I don't have the book, but isn't the Casket a piece of equipment for the priest? If so, he gains the victory points for it when he kills the priest.

lethlis
18-10-2007, 06:09
Actually it says that the casket of souls is like a war machine and the guards also count as crew. So the fact that they were still alive means that he would get no points for the casket.

Menset
18-10-2007, 13:24
The Casket is a warmachine, that can be crewed by different LP's through the game. The only thing is if no priest is crewing it at the beginning of the TK turn, it is destroyed.