PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Gorthor Beast list

Mordante
14-10-2007, 05:57
I have a beast army I've played about 7 times so far, and I've jumped back and forth with generals, from a beastlord to a doombull to a Shaggoth. I've decided I need to add a chariot to the list, so I bought the Gorthor model, because it is so much cooler than a regular beast chariot. So I decided to kick around a Gorthor list. I'm trying to stick with an all beast list, without anything from the Hordes book. Let me know what you think.

1 Gorthor @ 463 Pts

1 Bray Shaman @ 160 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Lore of Beasts; Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll , Staff of Darkoth

1 Wargor @ 149 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Heavy Armour; Battle Standard
Beastbanner

2x20 Beastherd - @ 139 Pts
7 Gors, 2ndWeapon; Full Command, 12 Ungors

21 Bestigor Herd @ 307 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Full Command
War Banner

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

7 Centigors @ 168 Pts
Full Command, Shield

6 Centigors @ 121 Pts
Shield; Musician

1 Chaos Giant @ 225 Pts
Mutant Monstrosity

1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth @ 306 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

5 Minotaurs @ 285 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Standard, Bloodkine

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 4
Models in Army: 89
Total Army Cost: 2492

The obvious weakness is lack of magic or magic defense. With the low leadership of the beastmen, I still feel the need to always bring a BSB, but maybe it isn't needed and I could take another shaman.

SevenSins
14-10-2007, 10:17
Gorthor lets you have extra rares, doesn't he? So load up on giants, dragon ogres and spawn! When using special characters, play to their abilities.

Boneknight
14-10-2007, 14:11
no where near enough models. Drop the Bestigors, drop the 2nd centigor unit, and add 4 beast herds same way you've got your 1st 2. ANd I think you mean 8 gors, not seven. and add some spawn. By the way, did you notice the fact that the tuskgers pulling Gorthor's chariot have S4, not S3 like the ones pulling the normal chariots. And, also, normal ungors are WS3, but the chariot ones are WS4