PDA

View Full Version : A 40k Drinking Game!

TomKamakazi
05-09-2005, 13:50
Fist of all, this thread/game suggestion is not to be taken seriously and is in no way encouraging alcoholism or underage drinking... but if you enjoy the odd beverage with your mates, then maybe this could be fun.

The basic theory is this: An escalation game, stating with only one unit on the table each. Then, one must drink for one's reserves! For each can/shot/whatever you can get down in your opponents turn, you get one randomly determined reserve unit. You must stop drinking to make obligatory saving throws and to remove casualties. Leadership and morale tests are determined at the end of the round after drinks have been "calculated".

The tactics can be extrapolated in that the more you drink, the more units you have on the board, but the less likely you are to make sensible decisions with them. The quicker you can get your turn over with, the fewer units your opponent will have. The brighter your units are painted, the more likely you will be able to recognise them when you can hardly see any more!

**Disclaimer**: You should not try this with any models that have been painted in any way "well" because at best some one is going to drop some, at worse, you're going to have to clean chunder off them...
...scratch that. At worse you'll have a model imbedded in you somewhere.

warlordgrubnatz
05-09-2005, 16:40
worse you will all pass out, be sick on the table and then collapse on the table and find the cat has excreted on your head and all yoir minis are smashed :D

Gazak Blacktoof
05-09-2005, 20:55
worse you will all pass out, be sick on the table and then collapse on the table and find the cat has excreted on your head and all yoir minis are smashed :D

Sounds like a man talking from experience ^.

Yorkiebar
05-09-2005, 21:17
Or how about this:
Play a normal game of 40K. Whenever you fail a D6 roll, down a shot. Whenever you fail a 2D6 roll, down 2 shots and so on. Whoever loses must finish the current bottle and eat their dice.

Crube
05-09-2005, 21:21
Or how about this:
Play a normal game of 40K. Whenever you fail a D6 roll, down a shot. Whenever you fail a 2D6 roll, down 2 shots and so on. Whoever loses must finish the current bottle and eat their dice.

Based on my performance at the last Carnage Event (although t'was WFB...) I'd be in a permantent catatonic state...

TomKamakazi
06-09-2005, 01:11
Or how about this:

That might just give an all infantry Guard player liver problems: Hundreds of lasguns that only hit 50% of the time...

KingNic
06-09-2005, 01:32
Not to mention Ork shooting...

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
06-09-2005, 02:10
And orks in close combat would be even more screwed

Griefbringer
06-09-2005, 12:11
Then there is the version where you get to drink every time you manage to destroy/annihilate/slaughter/vaporise enemy combatant.

mielherne
06-09-2005, 13:11
Or just drink every time you roll a 1.

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-09-2005, 18:45
Or, everytime you roll a D6 or 2D6 or whatever, you take the roll, add the strength of the gun/CCW, and you take that many shots.

That'll make you regret taking chainfists.

"Oh no! I rolled a 12!"

warlordgrubnatz
06-09-2005, 19:32
And orks in close combat would be even more screwed

what are you on?

MisterHeavy
06-09-2005, 20:34
Shot of beer every time your opponent rolls a 6.

Hehe. HB/AC tornados would be -abusive-... " That's 4 models dead, 7 armror saves, and you gotta chug a whole beer."

metro_gnome
06-09-2005, 20:53
no... i really think thats its when you are winning you should have to drink more...

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-09-2005, 22:00
I like my one best, promises for a whole lot of beer chuggin' especcially with a Bloodthirster trying to take down a tank...