PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle's Rotters - and how to start them.

StefDa
14-10-2007, 14:25
Hi nerds!

We might be starting som Blood Bowl in my club soon, so I'd like to tag along. I'm considering playing Nurgle's Rotters.

I have all the models I need at my disposal.Actually, I'm converting them myself - I've already got three Rotters and four Warriors, and I'm going to get half a box of Beastmen (which means six Gors and four Ungos [useless, I know :P]), I only need to find out how I'm going to make a Beast of Nurgle - prolly the new Spawn.

Here's what I'd like you to help me with:

How many models should I start out with modelling? I.e., which models and how many of them should I start my team with? How much fan-factor (even though I don't really know what this does)? How many re-rolls?

Red Skullz
14-10-2007, 17:35
My advice would be:
3*warriors - 330.000gp
3*pestigors - 240.000gp
5*rotters - 200.000gp
3*RR - 210.000gp
2*FF - 20.000gp

1 mill on the money ;)

This gives you solid defense on the LOS with the warriors and some ball handling ability with the 3 pestigors. Keep one of them back as a thrower and use the other two as runners/blitzers for the TDs.

talast,
Red

StefDa
14-10-2007, 22:20
Looks good, I think.

Have you tried this team/setup?

StefDa
15-10-2007, 12:00
Is it because I called y'all nerds? :(

The Dark One
15-10-2007, 15:41
i would start with
1 Nurgle Warrior
2 Pestigors
9 Rotters
5 Re-Rolls
2 Fan Factor

i made my beast from the old great unclean one as he is really quite small, and i put the current great unclean ones head on it. also maid it look like it was drooling as it almost never passed a stupid test:(

i would make an entire team team at once

StefDa
15-10-2007, 20:44
i would start with
1 Nurgle Warrior
2 Pestigors
9 Rotters
5 Re-Rolls
2 Fan Factor

i made my beast from the old great unclean one as he is really quite small, and i put the current great unclean ones head on it. also maid it look like it was drooling as it almost never passed a stupid test:(

i would make an entire team team at once

AFAIK, you can only have 11 players on the pitch at a time, right? So why make a team that starts out with 12 models? (I'm still learning, mind you)

The Dark One
15-10-2007, 21:19
AFAIK, you can only have 11 players on the pitch at a time, right? So why make a team that starts out with 12 models? (I'm still learning, mind you)

because your players can get sent off for fouling, get injured, knocked out and if you are playing a league (where your team can develop) they can miss games or even die. As rotters are prone to getting injured (or at least mine were) it's worth starting with a spare player.
hope that makes sence

StefDa
17-10-2007, 09:51
Yeah, it does, should've thought of that :P
It just seems so little though, one warrior and two pestigors?

The Dark One
17-10-2007, 16:31
you don't really need any positionals in a starting team, as you can buy those later on but re-rolls double in cost after your first game

Red Skullz
19-10-2007, 19:35
Yeah I`ve tried that setup and it worked great! Nice to have most of the expensive positionals in place early on. 4 RR is more than enough in the beginning (unless Nuffle has it in for ya but then it doesn`t matter how many RRs you`ve got).

R

Peril
19-10-2007, 22:06
I would personally have my players early on (so they can get SPP) than a ton of rerolls and a bunch of lousy Rotters I won't need later.

Sure a reroll for them is 140k, but so is a Beast of Nurgle, and a Warrior isn't much cheaper.

StefDa
20-10-2007, 08:00
So what would you suggest?

StefDa
21-10-2007, 09:39
My team stands assembled! Four Warriors, three Pestigors and eight (ten) Rotters.

Now, where can I find Fan Factor and its effects?

Daredhnu
21-10-2007, 15:07
in the latest rules fan factor only has an effect on the kick-off table IRCC and it costs 10,000 gc for each point.

StefDa
21-10-2007, 22:25
How important is it?

The Dark One
22-10-2007, 09:31
it's not very importent, you can get it easily enough by winning game

StefDa
01-11-2008, 11:28
Thread Necromancy! I am allowed to, I am the OP :)

Can we discuss some tactics. too? We've started Blood Bowl now.

Marlow
04-11-2008, 11:45
So what Team did you go for in the end?
That effects the tactics to use.

Pestigors are your Ball Carriers & Blizers, Rotters are just Cannon fodder and the Warriors are your Blockers.

StefDa
14-12-2008, 13:03
At the moment we're playing a little league stuff, and I'm playing Khemri. Next league, though, I will play Nurgle. Now I'm experienced, and I'm totally on to Blood Bowl.

I've only played Nurgle twice in (one-offs), I think. I am considering starting with this team when it comes down to a new league:

6 Rotters
2 Pestigors
3 re-rolls
4 fan factor
1 cheerleader
1 assistant coach

I want three Warriors to start with because each of them covers 49 squares with Disturbing Prescence. Two Pestigors to have a pair of boys to handle the ball together. Rotters to contribute with assists and being in the way. Fan factor because I need it to get winnings enough to buy more Rotters/Pestigors as soon as possible. I always start with at least one each of CL/AC, because I hate playing against teams with it. When my opponnent has them and I don't, we almost always seem to roll Brilliant Coaching and Cheering Fans when Kick-off'ing. Grr..... So I decided I wanted in on the fun ;)

Whaddoyall think? Good enough? Should I excance a Warrior for a Pestigor, a Rotter and one less fan factor.