PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Predator Kit to Blood Angels Baal

Krimzenkov
14-10-2007, 16:01
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy a regular SM predator and if it will come with the proper parts to make a Baal Predator for the Blood Angels?

They don't have any Baal sets at the local store, but I could ask them to order it. Just wondering if I could avoid that by buying a regular kit.

Outlaw289
14-10-2007, 16:09
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy a regular SM predator and if it will come with the proper parts to make a Baal Predator for the Blood Angels?

They don't have any Baal sets at the local store, but I could ask them to order it. Just wondering if I could avoid that by buying a regular kit.

Would you want to buy things online? Or you/your financial overlords don't want the risk of putting your information out there?

If that isn't a problem, just buy the full kit from a place like chaosorc.com or some similar website. No need to go through your store and you get a significant discount (i.e. cheaper than predator and the baal parts)

Krimzenkov
14-10-2007, 16:13
I have sufficient funds for any option but I'd prefer to buy it through the store in town as they're a great group of folks and locally owned.

I also have a year long 15% off card that cuts the taxes and price down a bit so I'd rather go with them. I suppose I may just have to order it but that's ok, I'll just have to pick up something else fun today :)

Wow, I just looked at chasorc.com and they do offer very nice discounts, but I think I'd still like to support my store.

Krimzenkov
14-10-2007, 17:27
Does anyone know of a resource that allows you look at the sprues of a 40k kit?

leonmallett
14-10-2007, 17:33
The Baal parts are metal, so only come in the Baal kit. The GW store website lists components for most of the kits sold, so that is a good place to check.

Grimtuff
14-10-2007, 17:36
Does anyone know of a resource that allows you look at the sprues of a 40k kit?

Yes, it's called the GW website (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120101016&orignav=10) ;)

Krimzenkov
14-10-2007, 17:58
I've tried the website, but very few of the sprues are actually shown on the site. They're not very consistent about posting them, but some have them.

Thanks for the help though, I'll probably just order the Baal.

Grimtuff
14-10-2007, 18:02
I've tried the website, but very few of the sprues are actually shown on the site. They're not very consistent about posting them, but some have them.

Thanks for the help though, I'll probably just order the Baal.

I know the point's moot now, but did you even scroll down the page? Let alone click on the link? As the Pred sprues are displayed in full on that link.

Merceus
14-10-2007, 18:05
If you want something that shows all sprues in full, check the different army specific 'Collector's Guides' that GW sell... the only thing that isnt shown in one of mine is the Chaos Bike Sprue... not that you need order it as the entire box is just the one sprue...

Krimzenkov
15-10-2007, 03:34
Hmm I did go to the site Grimtuff and it didn't appear to load but now it is later in the day. Maybe I'm going crazy. Thanks for the help and patience. :)

Lucky for me one of the guys at the store has an unopened one that he offered to sell on the cheap. Thanks again all.