PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point Speed Dwarfs

UltimateNagash
14-10-2007, 16:54
Yes, it's a bit of a counter point, but I was wondering whether this would actually work...
The Runelord will only use the Rune of Oath & Honour on the Anvil, Joseph will join a unit of Rangers, the Thane will join the other and the Runesmith will join the Hammerers.
The Rangers and Hammerers will be the ones Oath & Honour targets...

Runelord 474
Anvil of Doom, Great Weapon, Shield, Master Rune of Spellbinding, Spelleater Rune, Spelleater Rune

Josef Bugman 155

Runesmith 151
Great Weapon, Shield, Spelleater Rune, Rune of Spellbreaking

Thane 142
Rune of Fury, Rune of Fury, Rune of Fire, Shield, Rune of Brotherhood

24 Dwarf Warriors 401
Longbeards, Rangers, Great Axes, Musician, Standard Bearer, Rune of Sanctuary, Rune of Sanctuary, Rune of Determination

24 Dwarf Warriors 391
Longbeards, Rangers, Great Axes, Standard Bearer, Rune of Courage, Rune of Sanctuary

25 Dwarf Warriors 240
Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer

25 Dwarf Warriors 240
Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer

24 Hammerers 356
Musician, Standard Bearer, Rune of Courage, Rune of Determination

Gyrocopter 140

Gyrocopter 140

Gyrocopter 140

2970 points

Lloardinen
14-10-2007, 18:49
How do you plan to deploy this? I see no obvious strategy. If you are planning on using the rangers as scouts, I would trim them down. Also, who will protect you shooters? The unit of 25 warriors alone?
Course you can pretty much decide where you wanna fight, but you will need to get there first...Any army with some WMs will shoot you to bits. Your army will of course do well against magic (would consider tuning DOWN on antimagic stuff!).
Consider dropping a runesmith and adding a thane with a RO brotherhood and some nice combatgear..

This is just some loose thoughts while I'm bored:D. But a nice thought though

UltimateNagash
14-10-2007, 19:03
Sorry, actually, that's, kinda, erm, an error :D Earlier build not corrected ;)

Looked, now there's even more points left over ;)

BigRob
15-10-2007, 09:15
No Strollaz rune? That might get the hammerers/warriors up close at the start.

Looks a small number of units for 3000pts and even with the gyrocopters you'll suffer vs warmachines and gunlines. Finally with the runelord on his todd, gorgers, fast cavalry, flyers and pesky heroes on monsters will close in to layeth down the smack.

Maybe smaller units of Rangers for securing your midway by scouting, miners to disrupt the enemy backfield later in the game and strollaz to push the main line forward? Hammerers/Ironbreakers in the stroll zone, plus a couple of warrior units to protect the flanks. This lot will power up the field, with the strollaz benefit and a push now and then from the runes, link up with the rangers and stomp into the enemy. Gyrocopters can flank and any left over points could be used on a couple of small units of quarrelers/warmachines to provide some cover and keep an eye on the runelord.

UltimateNagash
15-10-2007, 15:04
Hmm, need a BSB for that... Erm?