PDA

View Full Version : Abbadon and the Black Legion

Lord_Crull
14-10-2007, 19:05
Does anyone here actually play the Black Legion?

I mean as the version of the chaos ultramarines does anyone play them? I'm doing a new undived army and I want to see if anyone plays Abby's boys.

Arkley
14-10-2007, 20:10
Me... I like the Black Legion, mainly before like Ultramarines they did not need special rules to be a good army to collect.

knighthawke70
14-10-2007, 20:12
i play black legion with abbadon. used him friday against orks. he is just a MF killing machine. what is it you want to know

Griffin
14-10-2007, 20:53
I play Lupercal's legion. They are my first army and one of the ones I enjoy most, People generally mistake them for Evil Ultra Marines, however they don't realize the awesome fluff the black legion has access too, and the awesome characters you can build around it. Think of it, you can use recent things like the mournival, Tactics that focus on aggressive difficult to stop assaults, backed by Deepstriking troops, demons for fodder, Awesome possessed and the most Bad ass special character ever. I played mine not 2 hours ago, a full infantry force with no vehicles. Anything goes.

Arkley
14-10-2007, 21:00
I would love to do a Luna Wolves Army :)

DarkSoldier
14-10-2007, 21:18
I play Black Legion. I have yet to decisively win an encounter.

Griffin
14-10-2007, 21:38
Keep at it DarkSoldier - word of advise from One Commander to another - Try and excure your plans fluff wise, I know it sounds odd, but oddly enough I find If i play my black legion force like the fluff, it tends to win big. (or lose in a spectacularly awesome way that makes for excellent games).

Good luck !

Imperialis_Dominatus
15-10-2007, 00:56
Meh, won't play an army led by a guy who can't breach one world in thirteen crusades over ten thousand years. :p Just kidding, know he made it further than that, but GW didn't say so, did they? ;)

boogle
15-10-2007, 00:58
Well he was very successful in the Gothic War

the Legion are good in the fact they can access everything in the book without having to justify it via the background.

HorgothTheGreat
15-10-2007, 01:57
<-----(at avatar) My answer to this thread. Go for em.