PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... (Apocalypse)

Terrordar
15-10-2007, 00:56
I've been going over the tank entries for Apocalypse. Basically when it comes to a Baneblade, can Chaos take them? I saw them use them in the Battle Report, and I *really* don't want to use the Plague one. So if I buy a Blade, will it be for not despite my conversions?

Rhamag
15-10-2007, 00:59
I can't see any reason why traitor/renegade Imperial Guard wouldn't take their Baneblades with them when they left the Imperial nest. Go for it!

IJW
15-10-2007, 01:00
A really brief look at the rules forum would have shown you a thread giving the page reference...

http://warseer.com/forums/40k-rules/107620-quick-apocalypse-datasheet-question.html

AdmiralDick
15-10-2007, 01:15
actually this is something of a sticking point for a lot of people. the simple answer is, yes of course you can take a baneblade, because anyone can take anything in Apocalypse. Eldar can take a Heirophant; Space Marines can take a Necron Phalanx; and Orks can take Grey Knights. (i saw a game yesterday where someone had a unit of Genestealers in a Landraider Crusader).

however, that might not have been the answer you were looking for. a lot of players have trouble because they find it difficult to understand that basically all of the prescriptive restrictions of regular 40k have simply been lifted for Apoc. the number of times i've had a conversation that starts with "what? you can take X with Y? surely not". what you need to bare in mind is that if you don't want to take something because it doesn't feel right (or you don't want to play against something for the same reason) then that's cool. but it is entirely at your own disgression.

i'm a Chaos player and i just bought the Whirlwind formation, because i've always liked the models. will i be able to use them in regular 40k, no. will i be able to use them in Apoc, the sky's the limit.

Xenocidal Maniac
15-10-2007, 01:39
Admiral Dick summed it up best. Sure, take that Baneblade. Take those Whirlwinds. You could say that your Chaos army defeated an Imperial force and salvaged those vehicles. That's totally acceptable.

Stuff like Genestealers hopping out of Land Raiders and stuff irks me, though. Or, this one guy down at my LGS wants to take a Baneblade for his Tau force. It's like, "come on"...

If you're doing it because it's cool, and you really like the idea, do it! If you're doing it to win, then... rethink it. That's the general guideline, I think

Triggerdog
15-10-2007, 01:40
Chaos Whirlwinds? how very Huron Blackheart-ish.

I'm very staunch when it comes to what armies can and cannot take and Apocalypse has been something of a headache for me to explain to people. People need to understand that Apoc isnt for random pick-up games and that its about a narrative. Yes, anyone can take anything, but you need to clear it with your opponent and it actually needs to make sense.

Hellebore
15-10-2007, 01:48
Yes, anyone can take anything, but you need to clear it with your opponent and it actually needs to make sense.

What madness is this? Needs to make sense!? NEVARRRRR!!!

I shall be carrying culexus assassins in my falcons with a jetbike farseer next to it, I shall have jump pack marines attached to a harridan, I shall have the Nightbringer and the Avatar tagteam enemy superheavies......

But yes, I agree. There is cool and interesting, and then there's stupid.

If someone can come up with a reason that their space marine army has genesteaelers, then they can also come up with a model that represents it (like convert them all with neuroblockers stuck on their heads and chains on their arms).

If someone can converted their stupidity, then I will let them play with it.

Otherwise, not so much.

Hellebore

MysteryGilgamesh
15-10-2007, 01:50
Stuff like Genestealers hopping out of Land Raiders and stuff irks me, though

Genestealer Cult swiping vehicles isn't so farfetched. Hell, Harlequins, back in the day, used to swipe LR's all the time.

IJW
15-10-2007, 01:53
Hell, my Harlequins, next time I use them in Apocalypse, will be swiping a MkI LR all the time. ;) Note - they're unlikely to be riding in it, though - too much of a target!

Actually, one of the best versions I've heard is someone planning to make a herd of giant squigs, then use the Mycetic Swarm & Carnifex rules for them in his Ork army.

Hellebore
15-10-2007, 01:53
Genestealer Cult swiping vehicles isn't so farfetched. Hell, Harlequins, back in the day, used to swipe LR's all the time.

Like I said, if someone is going to go to the trouble of making a stealer cult list, and convert and paint a cult land raider, good for them.

If they are doing it to be stupid then, no.

I find that quality of idea is often measured by modelling dedication - if you REALLY want a cult army with a land raider, you won't NEED to be asked to convert one, you will have already plonked one down.

Hellebore

Norsehawk
15-10-2007, 02:00
Stealers jumping out of a land raider, I could see it, lets see:

Genestealer cult has infiltrated the local pdf and slew the inquisitor who came to investigate, taking his land raider, now, having the stealers jumping out of chimeras would be a lot easier on the fluff, but you could do it with a land raider as well. Heck, you could have the convent be infested. (tho if that particular order follows vows of chastity, that wouldn't be very productive)