PDA

View Full Version : Chaos orks

polomarko888
15-10-2007, 13:07
I've been thinking for a long time about orks turning to chaos after seeing a picture of some nurgle orks in the back of codex deamon hunters.

now i can see why orks would turn to khorne and nurgle maybe say if they were infected with some nurgle type virus or whatever but would orks turn to tzeench?

I really fancy making some messed up mutated purply blue tzeench orks but fluff wise i just cant seem to justify why orks would convert to tzeench so any ideas anyone?? :cheese:

Shibboleth
15-10-2007, 13:34
Maybe a similar idea to one from the Bloodquest comic?
A Chaos Daemon/Prince/something disguised itself as an Ork Warlord and was guiding an entire Waaagh! how it wanted.
Maybe something Tzeentchily similar, but which would eventually corrupt it's Ork minions in the process?

Maarten
15-10-2007, 13:39
Maybe a similar idea to one from the Bloodquest comic?
A Chaos Daemon/Prince/something

Given that the chaos god in question is Tzeentch, it could easily be a sorceror :)

Galaspar
15-10-2007, 14:05
By the traditional fluff, Orks very rarely turn to Chaos, since their group psychic eminations and acute sense of smell quickly alerts them to an Ork which 'Don't seem prop'ly Orky' - this usually prevented genestealer infection as well. There were the Stormboyz of Khorne, of course, but they were pretty seperate from the rest of Ork society.

If Orks did fall to Tzeentch, I guess it would be due to the taint starting with a Warboss who became possessed, but was too powerful to challenge, and the rest of the horde finding that their instinct to kill the unorky one was overridden by their subservience to a huge boss. This may be assisted if the Warboss had daemonic stature, or could make himself appear to be a living incarnation of Mork (Mork would be more Tzeentchy than Gork). Alternatively, the whole horde would need to be controlled by a very powerful bit of sorcery.

Enanus
15-10-2007, 14:07
You could also imagine a very smart (and mad) weridboy with unusual power that get's tempted by the master of plotting with promises of ever bigger and nastier spells (in fact the weridboy would be still extracting his power from the waaaaaaagh! and not from the warp so Tzeentch gets something for nothing here...)

Galaspar
15-10-2007, 15:25
Been thinking about it a little more - what if it was a deamon weapon responsible? A band of Orks stumble across the remains of an ancient Tzeentch-worshiping civilization, and naturally the boss gets the best of the loot. It's a huge, ded killy-looking sword with 'lucky' blue symbols on the hilt, it shoots loud, colourful fire (guaranteed to impress an Ork), and lets the boss kill even more skum than before, helping him rise in fame and popularity. And all the while it's whispering in his ear...

Hellebore
15-10-2007, 15:48
If anyone wants to do Slannesh, I would love to see a Kult of Speed army done up in drag. :p

Seriously, the KoS is about as Slanneshi as you can get - thrill seeking, pleasure, excess (speed) etc.

It's got all the makings of a slanneshi cult.

Hellebore

polomarko888
15-10-2007, 16:34
wow all great ideas guys...really like the deamon weapon one hmmm

lol orks in skirts yeesh :eek:

Iron_Wolves
15-10-2007, 16:44
well here are my orcs,,,uhmm werewolves,,infected with the VIRUS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/iron_wolves/werewolves/023.jpg

TheOverlord
15-10-2007, 16:48
Could try the Orc thing in fantasy, he puts on some crown or another and becomes a necromancer. Not exactly the same, but in line with the daemon weapon concept earlier.

koppo
15-10-2007, 17:27
If you can look at the fluff for possessed Warpheadz from the rouge trader days. Basically the deamon would possess the ork but as orks have very little ego to manipulate and are supreemly self knowing (the reason for Orks is orks 'nuff said) it just gets trapped in the orks mind and jibbers to it's self. All the other orks see is that the Weirdboy is a bit odd (but he's a weirdboy, so thats normal) and every so often can be heard making anguished and lonely wails.

Latro_
15-10-2007, 18:38
I think the following idea is the ticket:

Tzeentch is the god of change, A big change in the dead is life. Yep zombie/undead orks raised by a Tzeentch blokey! Would be rather cool.

Would keep the chaos theme with orks a funny colour/odd shapes but not have the fluff dilema of 'would orks worship chaos blah blah blah'. Its pretty fluffy, think how many orks get killed in battles, piled up ready to be burnt...

could have glowing eyes and all sorts, ooo i might do it myself now.

Bregalad
15-10-2007, 18:51
Personally, I find it very lame to add spikes and tentacles to every freaking race of the 40k universe. Khorne is unnecessary (Orks are already agressive), Nurgle might be doable with Zombie Orks, but Slaanesh (Orks are already following their desires) and Tzeentch (wizardry? Orks?) are the least likely.

Visionary
15-10-2007, 19:18
Personally, I find it very lame to add spikes and tentacles to every freaking race of the 40k universe. Khorne is unnecessary (Orks are already agressive), Nurgle might be doable with Zombie Orks, but Slaanesh (Orks are already following their desires) and Tzeentch (wizardry? Orks?) are the least likely.

Yes but how else are chaos players meant to use new ork models !!!

Bregalad
16-10-2007, 00:06
The same way as Eldar and Sororitas players are meant to use them:
In an Ork army ;)

ghost21
16-10-2007, 00:46
well here are my orcs,,,uhmm werewolves,,infected with the VIRUS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/iron_wolves/werewolves/023.jpg

those are realy very cool

Imperialis_Dominatus
16-10-2007, 01:08
The same way as Eldar and Sororitas players are meant to use them:
In an Ork army ;)

Boy, I'm glad we all have the money to grab a new Codex and around 1500-2000 points worth of models instead of using imagination, fluff, and counts-as to incorporate a few models from other armies into our own. :p

Hellebore
16-10-2007, 01:19

Er, perhaps because chaos is central to the 40k universe, and is the dark mirror of ALL sentient creatures?

Chaos isn't badguyrebelhumans, it is the dark flaw of sentience.

It is entirely appropriate to make chaotic versions of every army that has the capacity to fall to chaos.

The codex damonhunters has a lot of plot hookson why they would fight some races, and it includes chaosified versions of armies.

Hellebore

spacemonkey
16-10-2007, 06:08
Beyond the suggested possessed Boss or daemon-weapon ideas, what about an Ork infested space hulk that becomes adrift in the warp too long? That's bound to having a warping influence on even orks.

Brother Antonios
16-10-2007, 08:20
Here (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/daemonhunters/painting/chaosorks/orks2.htm)are some good conversion ideas. I've alwaysed liked the idea of red skinned Orks killing masses for the Blood God myself. Some day that would be a cool project.

Jester Boy
16-10-2007, 08:53
A little off topic but I was planning on doing punk rock orks next and this thread has given me the idea of using a few noise marine looted weapons in conversions. The orks with them might have some sort of mild corruption from using them.

Post Pics when you start.

Brother Valtarius
25-10-2007, 15:19
Personally i greatly believe that orks would take tzeentch as their patron god (knowingly or otherwise) because, as it has been stated in fluff, that the orks are one of the most physic potential races in the 40k universe. As im guessing alot of you know when a WARGGH! gathers it creates a huge amount of raw physic potential (literally an ork could pick up a rock and if he believed it was a grenade enough thats exactly what it would be) also weirdboyz come about when there is a huge warp manifastation (alot of raw power as described in apoc). Therefore i think Tzeentch is defo a power the orks could go for if they realised their physic potential although the obvious patron for the orks is khorne and i can see why people would think that nurgle would appeal to orks aswell. I very much doubt though that slannessh would appeal to orks i know what you mean with a speed freaks army much like an adrenaline junkie but orks have no need for luxury, pleasure or excess they exhist simply to be if you know what i mean i very much doubt slannessh would have very much calling when it came to orks, but hey your army, your life ;)

Visionary
25-10-2007, 15:48
On a very boring and long 'holiday' I came up with the idea of Orks trying to get 'boney stuff' from the eye of terror and leaving with red skin and huge axes and saying 'Wow dat boss is good, ee gave us sum great axes for some skullz 'n' oomie juice'

He who is doom
25-10-2007, 18:53
the warboss got the helmut of that weird chaos boy.
there you go the humie psyker had a icon of tzeench in his helmut.

ps if it has to do with chaos anything can happen. (my car is floating in air. chaos did it)

Marstfu
25-10-2007, 18:54
Red skinned orks, Chaos Orks.. hm.. Where have I heard that one before..
Drinking a daemons blood anyone?