PDA

View Full Version : My first Apoc Battle

FateofChaos
15-10-2007, 13:26
Well I just went to my local GW at the mall, Like I normaly do once a week. One of the workers a god friend of mine, ask if I was doing Apoc today. I was like sure. Kinda just picked it up, I haerd like for the past month it cant be a pick up game but yea it kinda was. So we started with 2v2 with about 4,000 points on each team. Then quickly two mor poeple came in the game during there set up (Made them lose some of there set up time and force about 700 points of IG to not be fielded) but that game jump up to 6,000 point game. Then my side set up, and it was there first turn. They took both orbital strike places and bombed the Iron hands pretty bad, shot a few missels, lascannons, kraks, and any thing else at my LR. Dindt even fase it. But during our turn 2 more people came to the store they were in the game as reenforcements for both side(we got the baneblade!!!) it pretty epic. I love tossing the vortex nade, I jus love it so much! But it was really fun

knighthawke70
15-10-2007, 13:31
my friends are trying to organize one and i hop it is as good as you say it is. looking forward to it.

Enanus
15-10-2007, 14:30
We are doing a kind of friendly league using BA, Chaos, Tau (two lists), Nids and Necrons for three players. After the "regular" season we are going to do a Grand Finale in Cities of Death between the 2 best armies (of different players of course). After that we are going to do a big debauchery in apocalypse, but i'm not sure how we are going to make it yet, since I'm the chaos player and have about 9000 points worth of models and everybody else has about 2000...

What I can asure is that I'm really excited about it...:evilgrin:

TwilightOdyssey
15-10-2007, 14:58
It's great to see people jumping right in and playing Apocalypse battles! I'm not even half way through the book yet. :)

We are planning on a friendly Apocalypse game in mid-February, with a total of 3 games in 2008. Realistic schedule and makes em totally special events with specialized terrain, etc.

FateofChaos
15-10-2007, 20:17
We are doing a kind of friendly league using BA, Chaos, Tau (two lists), Nids and Necrons for three players. After the "regular" season we are going to do a Grand Finale in Cities of Death between the 2 best armies (of different players of course). After that we are going to do a big debauchery in apocalypse, but i'm not sure how we are going to make it yet, since I'm the chaos player and have about 9000 points worth of models and everybody else has about 2000...

What I can asure is that I'm really excited about it...:evilgrin:

all vs you, you get 2 upgrades and they have 6

boogle
15-10-2007, 20:19
Sounds like it was good fun to play, even if it was very ad-hoc