PDA

View Full Version : What's on BB sprue #4?

SanguinaryDan
15-10-2007, 21:49
Picked up my Baneblade yesterday. Beauty. Massive. Incomplete. I've been building models since I was 6 years old, (Nixon was President. The two and only times my folks voted D :D ) so I know what to do before starting. I'm reading, looking, drooling, reading, looking, drooling, reading, loo.. :mad: ! I've got no side plates! Or sponsons! Or even *******' track guards! So I dig thru and find I've got no sprue #4. Magical.

To say the least I'm mighty pi$$ed. Can anybody who's gotten theirs tell me what else is on #4? I'm really hoping I can put the rest of it together while waiting for GW to get it out to me. CustServ was apologetic and promised to take care of it quickly, but I still want to play with my new toy. So, can I start putting her together or am I missing some desperately needed widget/s?

GodHead
15-10-2007, 21:51
To say the least I'm mighty pi$$ed.

Don't bother. Knowing GW's customer service you'll get your sprue and then some out of this minor inconvenience. If I had to choose only one thing that they get right, it's solving these kinds of problems.

paddyalexander
15-10-2007, 21:54
same thing happened to me with sprue no. 3. I was lucky & noticed it was missing before I assembled anything so I was able to just exchange box sets at the store.

SanguinaryDan
15-10-2007, 21:59
Trust me GodHead I'm not worried about them fixing it, they are really good at it, but I want it NOW! ;)

I'm just peeved because I can't start right away and it will most likely be a week before I get the sprue. Not that I shouldn't be painting the last few models for the GT. But I wanted to build the big, new toy.:angel:

Blue Orphen
15-10-2007, 22:32
Actually, from personal experience, they fix problems faster than they normally ship things.

I bought a bunch of stuff from mail order and one of them was the turret sprue for the Eldar Falcon, and the pulse laser *somehow* got bent in half without breaking. When I tried to straighten it, it did indeed break. I called their customer service number, gave the gentleman my order number and told him what was wrong, at around 2pm. I had the replacement two days later.

So don't despair too much!!

Morentez
15-10-2007, 23:05
im usure whats on the sprue... but the best customer help sory i have heard went like this:

someone bought the new possesed (damn good models) and found he was missing an entire sprue... (unsure which one)
so he phoned customer help, and they sent him a whole new box o possesed to apologise... and threw in a little bag with a note attached

"have these too, we cant sell them"
it was a bag of 4 old COD metal possesed blisters

awesome XD

Grimtuff
15-10-2007, 23:16
Sprue 4 has all the Sponson bits on it FWIW.

Mr_Rose
15-10-2007, 23:19
Actually, from personal experience, they fix problems faster than they normally ship things.

I bought a bunch of stuff from mail order and one of them was the turret sprue for the Eldar Falcon, and the pulse laser *somehow* got bent in half without breaking. When I tried to straighten it, it did indeed break. I called their customer service number, gave the gentleman my order number and told him what was wrong, at around 2pm. I had the replacement two days later.

So don't despair too much!!

Hah! That's nothing: One time, I ordered a bunch of dark pegasus wings for flying nid warriors and maybe a couple other bits too, I forget. Anyway, the box shows up in the mail on the appropriate day and I find my six left wings, but no right wings. Argh! So, I'm about to call mail order to report the problem when there's a knock on the door. Who's that, then? The post already came.... When I open the door, who should be standing there but a parcelforce guy with an overnight item to be signed for. I check the return address and it's Lenton, Nottingham, so I sign for the package and tear it open to find...my missing wings and a nice hand-written note apologising for the inconvenience/delay(!).
Now that's service!